• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This is roughly the same as God of War,Spider-Man an Horizon Zero Dawn with the cutscenes

Posted by bombshell
The team behind Days Gone has revealed to a number of journalists a number of European shows of the game, which have later revealed to Gamereactor that the main story itself will take about 30 hours to complete. In addition, the game offers a full six hours of "cinematics", that is, arranged intermediate scenes.

The length of the aforementioned 30 hours has previously been mentioned in an interview with Game Informer, but apparently the six-hour intermediate scenes are completely new information.

Although Sony Bend would not talk specifically about the size of the world, they said it was "huge" with lots of page activity, so something suggests that Bend spent the time just adding extra content and polishing the entire package.
https://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/700633/Days+Gonekampagnen+er+cirka+30+timer+lang/

Last edited:

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yes please! The cutscenes and animations look incredible from the trailers. Voice acting should be top notch too!

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds good to me. 30 is a sweet spot for me for a single player experience with a quality story/writing.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds great. Will probably enjoy the story, if I had to guess. Bring it on, Bend.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
What's the point of playing the game without watching the cutscenes or you know... knowing what's happening in the story?

umm, playing a game? plot is not a motivation for me in games, it just eats into my game playing time

Badenoughdude.gif

that's all the plot i need

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
For all you guys know, the story of Days Gone is breathtaking. Just keep an open mind.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you know what he means lol.
Yeah sure, I just found the choice of words funny in this case :-)

Also: let people decide if they want to skip cutscenes. It could very well be that people don't like the story at all but like the gameplay so why should they not skip something they don't care about?

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
The amount of hate for this game is unreal lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Does anyone remember when Tabata said FF XV would be 50 hours just driving from point A to B? Lol, this is why I do not believe devs on game length anymore. Days gone will be 15 hours tops.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
It's an open world zombie game, 30 hours is pushing the limits of my attention and patience. I'd say drop 10-15 hours from that. Story alone shouldn't be 30, Dying Light wasn't that long, Horizon felt more like 20 as did Spider-Man.

This is pretty close to MGS 4's 8.5 hours of cutscenes.

I still remember having my popcorn bag ready after finishing a major plot point in the game. Sitting for a half hour cutscene.

I am actually happy DMC 5's gameplay didn't stick for me, which is why I pre-ordered Days Gone instead. really hope that the game succeeds :(

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
For a game so heavy with story, with well done scenes from the early reveals , I'm surprised people are already saying they hope they're skippable as opposed to they hope the story is awesome.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love them cutscenes and story segments, as long as it's good, then give it to me.
Gameplay >>> Story. If the gameplay is fun and I think the story seems to be trash, I'll skip the cutscenes any day.
Then this probably isn't for you or a lot of Sony first party for that matter, I rather take a well crafted story with janky ass gameplay like Deadly Premonition than sometime like BotW which was just boring story-wise. Again the medium grew up to be not just about gameplay anympre, like other medium did, so it's preference at this point