• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
OMG that was amazing to watch. My heart was pounding watching them getting closer LOL
Too bad that the AI didn't know how to handle the window properly. Since you cannot lock doors, I assume freakers could just enter right?
This is what a sequel should improve: locking the door, barricading it, shooting through the walls until they break through, then onwards to phase two in whatever building you are.
That would be super cool. Yeah I did a few other runs where the freakers climbed over the porch railing and started barging in through the door. And they climb through windows properly most of the time. I think they were having trouble navigating the mound of freakers accumulating outside.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Yeah, I'm gonna wait the next patch... I'm in the third area just by a couple of hours and:

-that annoying sound which I posted the video has become more and more frequent (tutumtutum), I hear it over and over on multiple occasions, it haunts me... jeez.

-the audio is bugged af now, I hear some noises in rear speakers when it should be on front.

-the framerate is shit. It doesn't freeze or hard stutter like second zone, it's just low framerate and ministutter, is like playing in slowmo... I couldn't even control the bike properly for the loss of input and got right into a tree.

-many times, when I try to rescue random ppl, I find them armed by themself, killing everyone and, if I'm lucky they ask for help anyway (after they have killed everyone!) so I can "save" them, otherwise they just stay with their guns and go on and off cover like fools.

I have to say, the more you proceed in the game, the more bug and shit performance you get, you can see how they sort of polished the first zone and then they rushed the game more and more.

[let's not talk about mission design that's better, the last missions of the second area with
Boozer where he go full rambo like he is invincible, and go melee vs enemies with guns, and the IA of both fucks up badly... and then on the bridge mission he is stupid af and can't do anything other then stay still behind cover while being shot...
omfg how the hell someone can ship a game with this crap in 2019 is beyond me... this is by design, isn't some bug or stuff, is 100% on developers.]

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum'd the game.

I think a mid 70s score is fair. Graphics were great, gameplay loop was fun, weapons had damn good punch on them...But the story, the cutscene transitions and overall framerate were big time disappointments. I can't imagine how bad this game ran before the patches. There are no excuses for a game to literally freeze while you're riding your bike or fighting enemies. So overall fun game that was very flawed technically in the later parts of the game, especially when the story started to pick up.

And I'm sure its been said in the thread, but this game has the best use of HDR I've seen yet.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hmm there was this horde, near this camp. Hidden in a cave, who popped out whilst i was avoiding the bear traps. Decided to run into the camp, but weirdly they stopped following me even though they should have attacked the enemies i thought. Took me 3 tries, before i finally managed to get them to attack the camp properly.

Loving the game. Cannot understand any of the hate. Yeh sure more polish would have been nice: and I hope the later areas arent as bad as people are making it out to be :(

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got tips on getting the Burnout Apocalypse trophy? Watched a couple youtube videos but can't seem to pull it off.

Find a flat surface area with enough room for you to go in a circle with. Start by going in a circle with R2 and left or right. Once you know you have the right angle for your circle and you want to try it for real. Hit circle to start the drift and let go of circle and hold x for the nitro boost. If you did it it right you'll start to drift with the nitro while still going in a circle. If you start donuting you're holding left or right too much.

Try it next to a gas station so you can keep refueling if you mess up. The trophy doesn't immediately pop up so just keep trying until it pops. Always try to use up your entire nitro bar and make sure you have nitro 3 since anything below has less than 5 seconds of nitro.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm there was this horde, near this camp. Hidden in a cave, who popped out whilst i was avoiding the bear traps. Decided to run into the camp, but weirdly they stopped following me even though they should have attacked the enemies i thought. Took me 3 tries, before i finally managed to get them to attack the camp properly.

Loving the game. Cannot understand any of the hate. Yeh sure more polish would have been nice: and I hope the later areas arent as bad as people are making it out to be :(
It's not that the areas are bad performers, it's that you upgrade your bike to higher speeds, which causes the world engine to stutter more as you drive through it.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I finished the game tonight and got the platinum. I tweeted Jeff Ross and he responded! What an incredible game. Days Gone 2 has to happen.

Oct 26, 2017
Find a flat surface area with enough room for you to go in a circle with. Start by going in a circle with R2 and left or right. Once you know you have the right angle for your circle and you want to try it for real. Hit circle to start the drift and let go of circle and hold x for the nitro boost. If you did it it right you'll start to drift with the nitro while still going in a circle. If you start donuting you're holding left or right too much.

Try it next to a gas station so you can keep refueling if you mess up. The trophy doesn't immediately pop up so just keep trying until it pops. Always try to use up your entire nitro bar and make sure you have nitro 3 since anything below has less than 5 seconds of nitro.

Thank you! I have Nitro 3 but this whole time I've been pressing X and O at the same time or I'd start boosting than hold circle.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok nighttime postgame, rode from camp 3 to camp 4, still not smooth but a bit better in quiet parts. Nearing camp 4 the game loaded in a horde shambling out of a cave, there it paused for at least a half-second and a few stutters as I passed on through. So we're not there yet.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Patch notes
Patch 1.08
Progression Issues

• Fixed an issue where players wouldn't be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to "I've Had Better Days"
  • Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing "Afraid of a Little Competition?". Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete "Searching For Lisa". Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen

General Fixes

• Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
  • Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
  • Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
    • With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload] to manage your auto-saves for Days Gone
    • The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
  • Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
  • Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes
The current plan for our team is to slow down the amount of patches we release but to add more fixes, features, and optimizations with each patch.

We can't thank you guys enough for your support. Please keep sharing fun clips and photo mode screenshots. We will continue to review your feedback in the comment section, and please submit any bugs you encounter in the comment section below.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bplwz9/days_gone_108_patch_notes/

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they fixed the Ethan Ross bug. I know the mission bugged out for my friend and he was unable to get the platinum.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

i'm about halfway through the game (lost lake), & i'm convinced that, more than any other element, it's the almost constant, extended cutscene loading / game reloading that soured many reviewers (& some players) on the game. i mean, i recall that, when bloodborne was first released, people complained that the initial loading time for the game was almost 2 minutes. days gone takes over 4 minutes to load, initially, but that's only the beginning - every cutscene (& there're plenty) requires loading, & then, on completion, the game then requires reloading. it eventually just becomes overwhelming, even for someone like myself who's somewhat enjoying the game...

the game's pacing, over the opening 12+ hours, is already somewhat questionable. add in the never-ending loading aspect, & it's disruptive on a level i've never seen in any other game i've played...

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Got my platinum. Stopped at 88% hordes. Got my last upgrade and now I'm done with the game.

Did you see all 4 post-credits "endings" / "moments"? They simply pop up on your map after a while.
They're not needed for the platinum, you can check them on YouTube. I missed 2, personally. Just FYI.

Rough descriptions of what happens just so you can check whether you've seen them:
* Lisa - former ripper girl - arrives at Lost Lake.
* Deacon fetches his rings from the militia camp.
* Rikki and Addy at Iron Mike's grave
* Your final encounter with OBrian (most important post-credits-scene)

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Got my platinum tonight. I gotta say overall I had more fun with Days Gone than I did with Horizon Zero Dawn, and I loved Horizon. Very eager for a sequel and I hope Sony lets Bend grow to a 300+ person team because these bastards most definitely make the type of game I love to play!

Oct 27, 2017
i'm about halfway through the game (lost lake), & i'm convinced that, more than any other element, it's the almost constant, extended cutscene loading / game reloading that soured many reviewers (& some players) on the game. i mean, i recall that, when bloodborne was first released, people complained that the initial loading time for the game was almost 2 minutes. days gone takes over 4 minutes to load, initially, but that's only the beginning - every cutscene (& there're plenty) requires loading, & then, on completion, the game then requires reloading. it eventually just becomes overwhelming, even for someone like myself who's somewhat enjoying the game...

the game's pacing, over the opening 12+ hours, is already somewhat questionable. add in the never-ending loading aspect, & it's disruptive on a level i've never seen in any other game i've played...

I think I'm missing something on this complaint. By 'never-ending loading' are we talking about the often momentary fade to black before/during/after each cutscene? Because for me some of those are literally a second or two. Yes, they could be more seamless and I assume it becomes more apparent if you're just blitzing through to review the game rather than taking your time as I am; but I don't really understand how they're as disruptive as people are making out. Maybe I'm just more tolerant on those few areas which are a little bit flawed as the rest of the game is so good.

Even the initial load process when you fire the game up (I never use rest mode) is only a few minutes, it's not really a problem. Mind you I'm from the C64 era when I had to wait 15-20 minutes for the cassette games to load (and then fail!) so maybe I have an ingrained higher patience threshold for game loading screens.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm missing something on this complaint. By 'never-ending loading' are we talking about the often momentary fade to black before/during/after each cutscene? Because for me some of those are literally a second or two. Yes, they could be more seamless and I assume it becomes more apparent if you're just blitzing through to review the game rather than taking your time as I am; but I don't really understand how they're as disruptive as people are making out. Maybe I'm just more tolerant on those few areas which are a little bit flawed as the rest of the game is so good.

Even the initial load process when you fire the game up (I never use rest mode) is only a few minutes, it's not really a problem. Mind you I'm from the C64 era when I had to wait 15-20 minutes for the cassette games to load (and then fail!) so maybe I have an ingrained higher patience threshold for game loading screens.
I dont get it as well this game has minimal loading,no loading at all in the open world at all going in or out of camps and buildings .

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
how far into the game am i?

I have been at Lost Lake for a while now. just finished the missions where
Skizzo and Deek get the dynamite from the mine, and then i did the one where you chase around a drunk and depressed Boozer.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018

I've never noticed any loading in Days Gone aside from booting up the game.

Are they talking about the brief fades to black between cutscenes? Rather than loading it was obvious at least some of those were a result of different scenes being stitched together after content had to be cut. The flashback to day zero with Sarah and Deacon in Farewell, for instance. I imagine they intended to have playable areas in between the cutscenes but when it came down to the wire they just ended up jamming them together in the best way they could manage.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my platinum tonight. I gotta say overall I had more fun with Days Gone than I did with Horizon Zero Dawn, and I loved Horizon. Very eager for a sequel and I hope Sony lets Bend grow to a 300+ person team because these bastards most definitely make the type of game I love to play!

Wow, I was totally arriving at this decision just today. Exact same feelings.

I absolutely loved Horizon, but I'm enjoying the overall gameplay loop and story here a bit more. The things I loved most about TLOU (scavenging, crafting), Days Gone has it *1,000. I'm absolutely loving it.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, I was totally arriving at this decision just today. Exact same feelings.

I absolutely loved Horizon, but I'm enjoying the overall gameplay loop and story here a bit more. The things I loved most about TLOU (scavenging, crafting), Days Gone has it *1,000. I'm absolutely loving it.

Yup, it's like Days Gone takes the best parts of Red Dead 2, Horizon and TLOU and mashes them together to give one helluva experience. Horizon's world just didn't feel as realistic and believable, and its gameplay loop and RPG aspects weren't nearly as good as DG. Red Dead 2 completely shit the bed by trying to become a reality simulator and forgot how to be a fun game, even compared to RDR1 IMO. Days Gone was able to find a great balance across the board to make a down to earth realistic game that was FUN to play, had great characters, a good story, an excellent gameplay loop, and most importantly let you play the vast bulk of the game the way you want to play it (looking at you Red Dead 2!)

It is a damn shame that they weren't able to deal with the bugs before launch and that will be part of the games legacy but their post-launch support has been quite good. Give me a sequel that builds upon everything in this game and improve some of the pacing in some areas on the PS5 and that will be a strong contender for my GOTG. It's incredible to think that this is Bends first open world game and first game that even came close to approaching this size and complexity. Now that they've got all of this experience under their belt, have the setting of this new IP up and running and a larger studio I can only imagine what they'll be able to do on next gen hardware.

Also, I was VERY pleasantly surprised by the length of the game. Too often I'm having fun with a game and things wind down and end far too soon. I want Days Gone 2 to at LEAST be the same length, hell give me twice the length if they want, I'll eat it all up! :D

Very rarely do I play a game and I keep thinking to myself, "shit, it's like they made this for me!" but here we are :)

how far into the game am i?

I have been at Lost Lake for a while now. just finished the missions where
Skizzo and Deek get the dynamite from the mine, and then i did the one where you chase around a drunk and depressed Boozer.

Very roughly half way

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
After clearing out all the hordes, nests, and ambush camps, I'm enjoying just riding around and collecting the historical markers now that everything is a little more peaceful in the daytime. It feels like it was meant to be done in this order since now I can acually take a second to stop and enjoy the view. The hordes took my supplies down to nothing so I'm stopping in every little town to explore and scavenge, and I'm still running into just enough enemies around to keep the world feeling alive and interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
Did you see all 4 post-credits "endings" / "moments"? They simply pop up on your map after a while.
They're not needed for the platinum, you can check them on YouTube. I missed 2, personally. Just FYI.

Rough descriptions of what happens just so you can check whether you've seen them:
* Lisa - former ripper girl - arrives at Lost Lake.
* Deacon fetches his rings from the militia camp.
* Rikki and Addy at Iron Mike's grave
* Your final encounter with OBrian (most important post-credits-scene)

Yeah, I saw them all. 3 of them showed up a little after I beat the game. The secret ending one popped up while I was horde farming.

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Replaying this clip from around 20% in the game, I love it!

crotchett

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
On base/ launch PS4 with stock HD and see a huge difference in performance. Nearly all hitches to 0 fps are gone. I'm at the mission after 2nd camp w/ the second chase scene with a horde. Great stuff, Bend Studios!

Oct 27, 2017
Question about a Lost Lake mission, my wife was talking at me and I missed some of the detail I think:

The one where you ride with Iron Mike up to Sherman to get the key to get the map which shows the cave/TNT locations. Mike leads you to the elementary school and inside is a load of bodies, after some sort of fight. Mike mentions a truce that obviously failed. Now I'm assuming it was early on during the collapse and this was a faction of people in Sherman which Mike was part of who had been fighting another faction of people, they tried to truce it out and ended up killing each other, Mike and Nora got away - who was the other group of people though, was it explained?

Or is it just another one of those story threads that will make more sense/come into focus when I play longer? I really like the way the story is told actually, some stuff isn't immediately obvious and only starts to make sense after certain events.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

Well i never count booting up the game since I usually suspend the game. Loading aint the issue. Yeh sure cutscenes could have been seamless, and would help the presentation but its a matter of seconds. The rest of the game has no loading.

Funny how i never saw this issue mentioned in Oddysey (man, i accidentally always end up criticising this game). There every conversation and using the eagle leads to loading. Ridiculous.

Also dont mind the pace as of yet, but do hope it picks up. It nicely introduces you to the world i thought in an organic way. (Im halway trough lisa missions)

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing a very substantial boost in performance on Pro. In Copeland and Lost Lake territory, to be precise.

RedGator

Nov 7, 2017
So I finally found something I can't stand. Finish a sneaking mission to be met with "Return to your Bike", and I'm forced to sneak back through the way I came despite having an easier, safer way. Thankfully it's only happened once and the game doesnt seem to be making a trend of it, but that's some crappy AssCreed, Halo reverse-level style design.

The characters in this game are brilliant. Often it feels like the main character in a game is the only one the dev team cared about fleshing out, with the rest being plot devices. Here, the majority of the cast are genuinely believable, and are vital to Deacon's character development. That being said, they dont get a whole lot of screen time, so it still feels like the Deacon Show, but the time they do get is very well done. It's a shame the main supporting character is so unremarkable. High points are Addy and O'Brian so far. O'Brian specifically, would typically be a one-note, nothing character in any other game.