• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seriously about to lose my shit at the Burnout Apocalypse trophy. I have the fully upgraded nitrous but I just can't make this shit trigger

Make sure you don't enter donut mode. Start driving, apply e-brake and start to drift. Apply nitrous as you start drifting but don't tilt the stick all the way. It's more power sliding than a burnout. Also put on the worst tires.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm coming off 1.05, which was very stable for me for the most part. I figured since I already had the platinum I'd give the update a shot. I'm glad I waited until now.

I platinumed at 1.07 and only noticed that level of pop-in in *one* specific instance in the game. The game's running off of an SSD for me, so not sure what was going on. It was definitely not widespread.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I platinumed at 1.07 and only noticed that level of pop-in in *one* specific instance in the game. The game's running off of an SSD for me, so not sure what was going on. It was definitely not widespread.

Have you tried 1.09 now? The difference between 1.05 and 1.09 was shocking. I'm still continuing my second time through, but I would have been pissed if I updated during my first time through. It was annoying having to stop the update every time I turned on my system but worth it in the end.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hm just had a nasty bug after completing
napalm horde
mission.

Every mission I would get afterwards would no longer appear on the map, nor would there be any directions: just the mission briefing on the top.

Loaded a previous save, hope it won't happen again.

Cleardata

Nov 1, 2017
Platinum trophy acquired! What an enjoyable game and a stellar effort by Bend. Some tweaks here and there and trimming the more rote parts of the game and a sequel could be massive. The public's desire from zombie and even quasi-zombie fiction is always strong and I think Bend made a great entry that will sit next to Dying Light as one of my favorites.

Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea about the triangle swap functionality, been using the wheel the whole time, dang.

Just did the juniper horde, but right when I got there (daytime) it looked like the horde was coming out of the cave. Burned them all out, but it didn't count towards the horde bar depleting. After I went right in the cave and the whole horde was there with a full bar. Don't know if that was a bug or not, but at least I got to collect the ears from the "extra" horde.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried 1.09 now? The difference between 1.05 and 1.09 was shocking. I'm still continuing my second time through, but I would have been pissed if I updated during my first time through. It was annoying having to stop the update every time I turned on my system but worth it in the end.

I haven't picked up the game since platinuming it a few days back, but now I'm hesitant to lol.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'll have the house to myself next th-sun, with 3 of the days off.

I'm somewhere in mid camp 3, maybe late camp 3.

If I do mostly straight story from there, with just a dabble of extra stuff, can I beat it in say, 20 more hours?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
honestly if they added a flamethrower it would be the game of forever.
Except that all of the freakers would inevitable run straight for you and set you on fire in turn.
Platinum trophy acquired! What an enjoyable game and a stellar effort by Bend. Some tweaks here and there and trimming the more rote parts of the game and a sequel could be massive. The public's desire from zombie and even quasi-zombie fiction is always strong and I think Bend made a great entry that will sit next to Dying Light as one of my favorites.
Yeah, I found the majority of reviews to be very misleading on this one. I enjoyed it a great deal.
Had no idea about the triangle swap functionality, been using the wheel the whole time, dang.
Yeah, I learned about it pretty early on but I hardly ever used it. In hindsight, it probably would have made some things easier.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to go horde killing when I play next. My usual strat is attractor plus pipe bomb but now I have the tommy gun so I'm going to rip through em. I have the .50 cal for any big dudes.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to go horde killing when I play next. My usual strat is attractor plus pipe bomb but now I have the tommy gun so I'm going to rip through em. I have the .50 cal for any big dudes.
I like to sneak up on the mob, activate focus and toss a few molotvs, then retreat a bit and mow a bunch down with the Tommy Gun, then hop on my bike and put some distance between us. Then I get off the bike and start picking off more.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I like to sneak up on the mob, activate focus and toss a few molotvs, then retreat a bit and mow a bunch down with the Tommy Gun, then hop on my bike and put some distance between us. Then I get off the bike and start picking off more.

I did kite a horde around to a camp once which killed most and then I just rode in circles on my bike taping the fire button and switching targets for the rest. Eventually the horde starts to break apart if you get them too far it seems but the camp lookouts made short work out of them.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been just straight-up buying frag grenades because of the holes they punch into the hordes, better than pipe bombs.

The biggest shortage of resources I've noticed is cans, you need them to make attractors and proximity bombs. They just don't respawn much in the cleared-out camps. You need to go scavenging into houses and such to find more.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I did kite a horde around to a camp once which killed most and then I just rode in circles on my bike taping the fire button and switching targets for the rest. Eventually the horde starts to break apart if you get them too far it seems but the camp lookouts made short work out of them.
Most of the hordes are actually really small and manageable with a bit of planning.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Yeah, I might be done. I'm not sure how far I got. Did a handful of missions past the third settlement. Just very bored.

But damn it if the game isn't great looking. But I think it's the visuals that kept me coming back.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'll have the house to myself next th-sun, with 3 of the days off.

I'm somewhere in mid camp 3, maybe late camp 3.

If I do mostly straight story from there, with just a dabble of extra stuff, can I beat it in say, 20 more hours?
Sounds about right to me, but there are about 13 side missions in the last big camp and I can't recall how many you need to do to proceed. But 20h should be enough iirc.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, I might be done. I'm not sure how far I got. Did a handful of missions past the third settlement. Just very bored.

But damn it if the game isn't great looking. But I think it's the visuals that kept me coming back.

also finding the same stretch your in right now pretty painful. having bears/wolves/crows/snipers, plus all the freaker varieties, pile on me every time i'm out fetching someone a package of oreos or something (which i seem to be doing an awful lot in this section) is just sorta getting incredibly old. i've enjoyed the game, but, for me, it's come to define the concept of 'wearing out your welcome' :) ...

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Ok, thanks. the game requires side missions in order to proceed at that point?
If you've done Iron Butte, then the last areas of the map have about
main missions left. Some of those are very quick. Some are long. About 20h should be possible but depends on how quick you are. There's quite a lot of compulsory fetch quests in the final areas.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Making my way through the second half of the game and things have picked up narrative wise. I'm actually pretty impressed with a couple moments, one in particular when Sarah's attempt at a cure fails and kills the newt. Deacon's entire response almost felt out of character for him but I guess that was the point. Seeing him actually trying to find some hope in the situation instead of just trying to get through was pretty well executed. Probably one of the best emotional beats so far. Kind of curious where this all leads now. Good stuff and I can't wait to see how this all finishes out.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
If you've done Iron Butte, then the last areas of the map have about
main missions left. Some of those are very quick. Some are long. About 20h should be possible but depends on how quick you are. There's quite a lot of compulsory fetch quests in the final areas.

Blech. Thanks.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I've platinumed this game and I'm currently on my second time through. I'm seeing it everywhere. There's no question it's worse now. It doesn't ruin the game or anything, but it does take away from it. Before, it was only really noticeable going quick on the bike, but seeing it walking around the environment can be jarring now. Bushes fading in as you're walking up to a house....wasn't an issue like this before. Hopefully the PS5 enhanced version will restore the game to its visual glory along with a rock solid frame rate.

Agreed. It's a lot worse now.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
All the slow walk at the beginning of the fourth camp is excruciating. Holy shit. Like an hour of slow walk/follow the leader.

Ohhh shit. I didn't expect to see Sarah this early.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So late game question

If I escape with Sarah is that it for the Southern region? Should I complete all the quests and such before I leave?

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was this crazy drop in LOD quality a trade off for more stable frame rate?

Because the drops in frames didn't bother me nearly as much as this ridiculous amount of object pop-in.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
So late game question

If I escape with Sarah is that it for the Southern region? Should I complete all the quests and such before I leave?
Nah, the whole map is accessible in the endgame.

And for the record I've been trolling around Copeland's forest in 1.09 exploring and taking out zombies for hours and hours after completing everything except 100%ing collectibles and haven't noticed any pop in. I assume it's the long view distances in the other areas where you guys are seeing it more often.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
The patch was supposed to fix the framerate? It's still garbage. I've probably had a hard freeze for a few seconds every 15 minutes or so mixed in with just single digit drops every so often in the area with the 4th camp. Awful.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Played about three hours so far. It feels slow right now. Not sure if it's clicked in yet with the controls and gameplay (coming off Sekiro), but I will put some more time toward it tonight.

Story so far has been interesting.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Is the sound still wonky with solo enemies? Last time I played they sounded like they were near you when in actuality they were on the other side of camp.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Was this crazy drop in LOD quality a trade off for more stable frame rate?

Because the drops in frames didn't bother me nearly as much as this ridiculous amount of object pop-in.

Same here. I was actually fine with the infrequent drops. After I got the platinum I figured screw it and updated. Big mistake.

Here's a few videos I took:

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the hordes are actually really small and manageable with a bit of planning.

I maxed out my stamina early on and if you do you don't even need to plan or use traps. Just buy the Chicago chopper and RPD and you can gun and run. If you run far enough away the horde starts retreating back to their hiding spot, so you follow them and repeat the process. Even the sawmill horde you can fudge with enough stamina.

Last edited:

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Played about three hours so far. It feels slow right now. Not sure if it's clicked in yet with the controls and gameplay (coming off Sekiro), but I will put some more time toward it tonight.

Story so far has been interesting.
Yeah took me a few hours for it to click and felt really slow initially. But once I put some more time in the next day and it all felt really good, especially as the story and gameplay open out more.

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game made me research buying a motorcycle 😂

But I found out I need a separate license for it, so nevermind.

Love just riding around.