• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
So breakers attack other freakers?

And how did you manage to one-shot the first one with the crossbow? A headshot on a breaker is not a OHK, is it?
Breakers attack whatever gets in their way.

I think the headshot killed the first breaker because it had already received some damage from the swarmers. I think it took three headshots with the drifter crossbow (the one that comes as a preorder bonus) to kill the second breaker.

Btw, a pack of wolves helped me to deal with a breaker (not like they did much, but at least they bought me some time).

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Regarding the chance to tackle hordes now: what I wanted to have is stuff like where you can barricade yourself in a house, shoot some of them through the planks until they get through and then you have to escape to the roof and so on. I didn't see yet anything that would remotely allow stuff like this. Thus my reference to Resi 4 mercenaries mode.
As far as I've seen every building in the game has a fully modeled interior so this is feasible but the freakers are fast as fuck and you'll be quickly overwhelmed by even the small hordes if you try to hide out in a single enclosed space too long. It's usually safer to stay on the run.

Also during the day you'll find most hordes hibernating in caves away from civilization but some will hide out in large manmade structures and at night they will wander into towns to feed.

I found one last night hibernating in a barn. There was a farmhouse where I could've taken shelter but I decided to climb up to the top of another nearby building and throw molotovs down on them before they chased me off.

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
The Digital OST and artbook finally showed up in my download list, better late than never I guess

Thanks for the heads-up! Thought that the digital content wasn't part of the physical special edition, but glad I'm wrong.

I see the "Days Gone Bonus Content" (4.18 GB) item in the download list.

Oct 26, 2017
So I would say I am quite far in (third camp and just saw the scene with Boozer when you bring back that box of antibiotics.

I love the game but I am also disappointed as no horde gameplay was so far part of any of the official missions. Of course I got occasionally ambushed by them on the road but since I don't feel like the game has given me the tools yet to fight them (where are my traps?) I was just running away.

I want to have moments like in the first E3 trailer where you have the option to run from enclosed spot to spot but so far nothing. I feel like this game would need a Resi4 mercenaries mode!

I'd say don't be scared to try and tackle a horde, they're really fun to deal with. I had killed 4 hordes before reaching the third camp. Try and kill the traincar horde in the first area. There's a lot of environmental explosives in the area and there's a NERO MMU right there if you run out of ammo.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Regarding the chance to tackle hordes now: what I wanted to have is stuff like where you can barricade yourself in a house, shoot some of them through the planks until they get through and then you have to escape to the roof and so on. I didn't see yet anything that would remotely allow stuff like this. Thus my reference to Resi 4 mercenaries mode.

disclaimer: I've only seen like 8 or 9 hordes so far.
Based on that experience I'd say "Don't get your hopes up". DG horde fights are pretty unique, a lot different than Resident Evil horde modes or Dead Rising combat.

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty much every story bit that seems awkward at first gets contextualized later on, in both story scenes and in the storylines entries. The waypoint review could not have been more wrong in its characterization of the story and characters. Really enjoying the presentation and dramatic performances.

Well into areas 4 and 5 now, the performance isn't so much worse than area 3, and really only on the bike here and there. A patch for bike riding smoothness would be great. It took months for the witcher 3 to get a proper performance patch for ps4, hopefully it won't take as long here.

I overall really like Waypoint, but having played much of the game, it just seems to damn off to the point that I can't even see how they hold the opinion they do. Oh well, though.

I tried my hand at the Old Sawmill horde...was not successful. I need more traps and bombs. All I have is one proximity, can't make any traps yet.

I neglected to try it before heading south, so I'll likely have to wait until post-game to try it. However, I hear there are some large/larger ones anyway in the second part of the game.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
So I would say I am quite far in (third camp and just saw the scene with Boozer when you bring back that box of antibiotics.

I love the game but I am also disappointed as no horde gameplay was so far part of any of the official missions. Of course I got occasionally ambushed by them on the road but since I don't feel like the game has given me the tools yet to fight them (where are my traps?) I was just running away.

I want to have moments like in the first E3 trailer where you have the option to run from enclosed spot to spot but so far nothing. I feel like this game would need a Resi4 mercenaries mode!

I killed at least two hordes before I got to Camp 3. You can definitely do it.

Mar 29, 2018

You can handle them. All the hordes in the first region are very small, smaller than they appear. It's a war of attrition - you whittling their numbers down until suddenly there's only like 6 left.

As far as I can tell there are only a couple of hordes in the game that are massive and in cool locations like in the E3 trailer. Just did the E3 one though and it was AMAZING

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys that makes it indeed exciting to keep on playing also a WTF regarding that fact that despite so many hours I am apparently still in the early hours 😦

There's a building in one of the horde towns that does that kinda. You go in the way in closes off and it buys you some time as they try get in through the windows. It's very limited and I only came across it once.

They really need to expand on the horde feature next time because it felt really under baked here. Which is a shame as when it gets going the Horde fights are fantastic. They also need to work them into the story and set pieces more.

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Really loved listening to Ben, Brad and Huber on the latest Frame Trap. Finally some podcast that talked about the game in a way that echoes my opinion. Game ain't perfect but so so much fun.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Great post!

Yeah the whole 'slavery' thing was odd to me. The way I saw it was that Deacon was genuinely trying to do what he thought was best for Lisa. Yes the camp was a pretty shitty place but it offered security, food etc.

Exactly.
It's not like Deacon is taking people out of stable and safe situations, puts them in chains and drops them off at slave camps.
Like you said, the camp offers food & security in exchange for work.
Compared to the other option (living like a hobo among the infected), the camps are by far the better deal.
Nothing evil about directing a lonely survivor to such a camp.

It's made clear that Marauders kill people they find to steal their items. Deacon specifically says this to himself when he comes across their camps. To imply that they're just "a bunch of people trying to get by" is ludicrous.

trying to get by =!= putting up roadblocks and shoot everyone on sight

He also clearly doesn't understand who the rippers are, either through ignorance, a lack of understanding, or more likely after reading the review not playing enough of the game, quote "They, uh, do a lot of drugs and hurt people for… reasons?". The game clearly spells out why they do what they do.

In an unmissable cutscene too!

However the fact that his profile on VICE says that he wishes he were writing about movies explains to me why his review is so misjudged.

Highly doubt any current game reviewers started out in journalism school with writing game reviews in mind lol

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I should be able to finish tonight
lost lake is about to bomb wizard Island. I don't think it can be said enough, but fuck Skizzo. I knew way back he was gonna get Iron Mike killed I just didn't want to believe it. Iron Mike deserved better

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Had such a cool moment. It was night, was trying to figure out how to get on this cliff. Hear some freakers and thought they were after me. Then noticed it was a small group in fact running after a wolf, not me. Took me by surprise. But yeh then one of m spotted me, and hell broke loose. So so good and intense.

Not sure how I feel about fuel. Dont mind it yet, but can see it getting annoying later on. Right now, it makes you explore the world in a natural manner. So props.

I'd say don't be scared to try and tackle a horde, they're really fun to deal with. I had killed 4 hordes before reaching the third camp. Try and kill the traincar horde in the first area. There's a lot of environmental explosives in the area and there's a NERO MMU right there if you run out of ammo.

I only attempted it once, but ran out of stamina pretty quick. Just got to the second camp.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure how I feel about fuel. Dont mind it yet, but can see it getting annoying later on. Right now, it makes you explore the world in a natural manner. So props.

It's not close to a problem later on. It was a PITA for me at first, not my idea of fun. but the upgrades to the petrol tank are not trivial, and by the time you have the biggest one you can travel a really long way on one tank and it'd be pretty impossible not to chance on a free refill opportunity. I don't mind those little surprise situations when you stop at the stations either, there were quite a few different ones, kept it feeling tense.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Progress: Crystal Lake

The story has taken a weird turn from Sons of Anarchy to something like 28 Weeks Later. Doing some missions for Sarah. I was hoping either Deacon or Sarah would show more emotion after their initial meeting, once they are alone.

The missions now are starting to give a shit ton of XP and I'm gaining new levels after every two or three on average, which is fantastic.

Also managed to gain enough trust to pick up the Chicago Chopper. HOLY SHIT this gun is awesome. I took down a horde near the south-east of the map using just the chopper and maybe a few pipe bombs and 1 ammo reload from the bike.

I ended up spending a lot of my saved bounties and animals on the camp with the gun and kinda neglected the other one in the region which has all the top-tier bike upgrades. Now just hunting animals and gathering plants while driving everywhere so I can save up enough money for the bike upgrades.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 12 hordes left in Highway 97. Cleaned up the rest pretty fast using Chicago Chopper and MG55/Russian LMG.

Grenades are pretty effective.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Finished up the platinum last night. My GOTY so far. It starts really slow but boy does the game get going around the time you get to the third camp. I thought I was going to end up not liking Deacon but he's easily one of my favorite characters in gaming now.

Oct 27, 2017
So I get that there is a good amount of story post credits roll? Without too many spoilers, how far am I
the rippers attacked Lost Lake after Skizzo sold me out
in the story, vs credits roll vs true epilogue story ending?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Finished up the platinum last night. My GOTY so far. It starts really slow but boy does the game get going around the time you get to the third camp. I thought I was going to end up not liking Deacon but he's easily one of my favorite characters in gaming now.

I'm right there with you. It's insane how a game rated 5/10 by Gamespot and 6.5 by IGN is easily holding my GOTY spot. I loved RE2 and Sekiro, but Days Gone has provided me with over 60 hours and counting of incredible fun.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
How good are flashbangs? I did a pretty big horde last night and pretty much used every resource I have and they all seemed pretty effective. Does it work like the smokebomb?

Oh and had a blast playing. A freaking Rager appeared out of nowhere and I was able to press triangle at the perfect time after one grapple from it. Then later on I'm getting attacked by cougars, breakers and everything else. There's still one thing I haven't discovered so I'm kinda scared since the best are saved for last.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
100% agreed and that was my first reaction too. Had me scratching my head. I still think it wasn't done well initially but it gets better as you keep going.
friend of mine was in the army and did 2 tours in afghanistan. he didnt see his wive for almost 13 months. when they reunited, it was very weird. felt almost exactly like deacon and sarah. of course d&s situation is a lot more complicated but reunions like this can be very complicated and weird (at first).

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
friend of mine was in the army and did 2 tours in afghanistan. he didnt see his wive for almost 13 months. when they reunited, it was very weird. felt almost exactly like deacon and sarah. of course d&s situation is a lot more complicated but reunions like this can be very complicated and weird (at first).
Fair enough, I can see that.

It just wasn't what I was expecting I guess. It was being built up so much from the start of the game that it was the thing I was looking forward to seeing the most and when it happened, it just let me down a bit. I understand for such a long time away from each other, things could feel weird, but at least some more emotion and inflection in their voices would have been nice *right* at the first time they were alone. I expected Deacon to break down right there.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
So i have happened upon a possible game breaking bug.

The first mission with the coronel, after doing the check up, hes talking to deacon while going up a slope, and i think he's supposed to enter something, but the textures wont load and he just walks against a wall for like 5 mins.

Reloading the game, the mission or a save before, nothing fixes this issue. Anyone came upon something like this playing?

Oct 2, 2018
So i have happened upon a possible gsme breaking bug.

The first mission with the coronel, after doing the check up, hes talking to deacon while going up a slope, and i think he's supposed to enter something, but the textures wont load and he just walks against a wall for like 5 mins.

Reloading the game, the mission or a sabe before, nothing fixes this issue. Anyone came upon something like this playing?

There's lots of saves so you can try an earlier save

Oct 2, 2018
Yeah the whole 'slavery' thing was odd to me. The way I saw it was that Deacon was genuinely trying to do what he thought was best for Lisa. Yes the camp was a pretty shitty place but it offered security, food etc.

Some of his criticisms are fair, or at the very least subjective. A lot of it though is just plain wrong. It's made clear that Marauders kill people they find to steal their items. Deacon specifically says this to himself when he comes across their camps. To imply that they're just "a bunch of people trying to get by" is ludicrous.

He also clearly doesn't understand who the rippers are, either through ignorance, a lack of understanding, or more likely after reading the review not playing enough of the game, quote "They, uh, do a lot of drugs and hurt people for… reasons?". The game clearly spells out why they do what they do.

If the author wants to argue that the game's not fun then that's fine, if he wants to argue that certain actions make him uncomfortable then that's fine, if he thinks the narrative is poor then that's fine. However, to publish opinions that are based on information that is just plain wrong is amateurish at best.

I'm really enjoying it because I like that kind of open-world Ubi style of game but I can easily understand people who view it as another example of a genre that hasn't progressed much for years. However the fact that his profile on VICE says that he wishes he were writing about movies explains to me why his review is so misjudged.

I personally don't really even buy the slavery work camp thing. I'm no farmer but I doubt working a farm requires as much work as the game seems to suggest considering there's not fields and fields of things growing. It was a narrative the game tried to create of these slavery camps but I'm like how much Fucking work is there to really do? You rake the ground, you sow seeds and you wait. I mean there's so few people in those camps anyhow. It was sorta weird

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Thanks guys that makes it indeed exciting to keep on playing also a WTF regarding that fact that despite so many hours I am apparently still in the early hours 😦

Trust me being in a house is not a good idea. lol. I tried that and used traps, and it was a shit show even with there being a upstairs that get you to the roof of a barn house.

Like you want open land or a field where your can see them, then try and use obstacles like hay bails, cars and what not to slow them down so you can light them on fire or throw pipe bombs.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Tucker is having her people dig irrigation ditches into stony ground, likely without the best tools for the job. Also she seems to figure that an overworked, tired camp population is a placid camp population.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So i have happened upon a possible game breaking bug.

Reloading the game, the mission or a save before, nothing fixes this issue. Anyone came upon something like this playing?
Did you try restarting the console?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017

It just wasn't what I was expecting I guess. It was being built up so much from the start of the game that it was the thing I was looking forward to seeing the most and when it happened, it just let me down a bit. I understand for such a long time away from each other, things could feel weird, but at least some more emotion and inflection in their voices would have been nice *right* at the first time they were alone. I expected Deacon to break down right there.

The whole thing played out pretty naturally to me. I think Sarah has been so traumatized from what happened and how hardened she needed to become to survive, it took her a while to let her guard down and feel again. They call her the Wizard Island Witch, lol. Weaver said she nearly broke his arm for making a move on her once. She toughened the hell up to survive, and had reconciled that Deacon was dead and gone. When he showed up out of nowhere I think she was completely incapable of reacting the way we'd all like to see. Deacon's reaction is VERY much how I have been known to react in situations like that, where you don't get the reception or reaction you'd hoped. He basically just shuts down his emotions as well and acts just as cold. It's definitely not the best way to handle it, but very realistic. As time goes on you see the shields start to come down and they start allowing themselves to feel again.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
The whole thing played out pretty naturally to me. I think Sarah has been so traumatized from what happened and how hardened she needed to become to survive, it took her a while to let her guard down and feel again. They call her the Wizard Island Witch, lol. Weaver said she nearly broke his arm for making a move on her once. She toughened the hell up to survive, and had reconciled that Deacon was dead and gone. When he showed up out of nowhere I think she was completely incapable of reacting the way we'd all like to see. Deacon's reaction is VERY much how I have been known to react in situations like that, where you don't get the reception or reaction you'd hoped. He basically just shuts down his emotions as well and acts just as cold. It's definitely not the best way to handle it, but very realistic. As time goes on you see the shields start to come down and they start allowing themselves to feel again.
I was just going to bring Deacon's feelings. Throughout the entire game, at that point, he's been putting a shield up and hiding his feelings. Probably one of the most important examples was him avoiding Boozer after helping amputate his arm. Another example is Boozer having to beat Deacon up when he was refusing to accept the possibility that Sarah was dead. Deacon is not good at handling his own emotions.

There's a topic to be had on players projecting their own feelings and thoughts to characters who are quite different to them. I probably would have also broken down, right there and then, but I know I've never been on a biker gang heh.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
You can handle them. All the hordes in the first region are very small, smaller than they appear. It's a war of attrition - you whittling their numbers down until suddenly there's only like 6 left.

As far as I can tell there are only a couple of hordes in the game that are massive and in cool locations like in the E3 trailer. Just did the E3 one though and it was AMAZING

So good to hear that this experience is still part of it.

There's a building in one of the horde towns that does that kinda. You go in the way in closes off and it buys you some time as they try get in through the windows. It's very limited and I only came across it once.

They really need to expand on the horde feature next time because it felt really under baked here. Which is a shame as when it gets going the Horde fights are fantastic. They also need to work them into the story and set pieces more.

Yeah from what I have gathered so far it seems to leave a lot of room to improve further going forward. Hopefully they look at the Resi 4 mercenary mode for inspiration.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally baffled at the people praising the storytelling in this game to such degree's. Some of the worst acting, direction and plot of any game i've played in a long ass time.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY

I think it's because most reviewers were rushed through it to get the review done before embargo lifted on top of having an unpatched version that clears up a lot of game breaking bugs and performance issues.

Honestly reading Patrick klepeks review makes me angry that he and many others literally didn't get beyond the third camp. Like after the third camp the game opens up, and a lot of stuff is more available to you in terms of weapons, traps, bike upgrades.

When you get all those and are shown all the different Freaker types the game really starts to shine and you can see what the game is suppose to be.

Like the first 2 camps are literally the intro. ANd your not suppose to like Deacon in the beginning, but as he spends more time in the camps helping people he starts to rub off on you, and the camps. like the camps start calling him by name instead of drifter. And the Iron Mike stuff honestly is where he gets the most character building for him and boozer. It feels like he didnt even get that far, because by the time he gets to The Island, Diamond lake area he's a lot more sympathetic and the story with lisa by the very end has a decent ending.

It shows how little a lot of reviewers were willing to not complete the game and then shit all over it without actually have played the parts that are super important. Like from the waypoint review Patrick didn't even fight the horde at sawmill. Or the one when you get to Diamond Lake.

Feel because of rough launch the game got a bad rep from reviewers who already had a pre-concieved notion of hating it because at face value it feels like a dying light type of game. But it's so far from the truth as you play the game.

I get that everyone wants the reunion to be all lovey dovey, but...

It makes sense to have Sarah be taken back seeing Deacon alive, let alone show her love for him knowing where they are in a military camp. It makes sense as you play her missions and the start to talk more and re-kindle their love. I thought it made sense for them to try and fall for one another again. Especially after they come back from the college and the place sarah use to work at, and end up getting snowed in and have to stay the night in a cabin.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Literally baffled at the people praising the storytelling in this game to such degree's. Some of the worst acting, direction and plot of any game i've played in a long ass time.

No one is saying that's it's amazing. But if you play the game all the way through and continue to play it, and watch all the epilogue stuff, you will see there's progression for Deacon, boozer, lisa, and sarah.

Like I'm post main story now doing horde stuff and random camp missions.
Deacon even when doing some of the late Nero sites starts talking about him helping sarah try to save people by finding a cure. Before all this he could not give two shits about anyone but himself and maybe boozer.

He's a changed man, and even so if you compare him to sarah when you start doing missions for her and see how cold she has become.

You really have to pay attention to the things Deacon says to a lot of other characters in the beginning to how he is by the end of the game. He gives a shit about people now. He kind of always had a morale code specific to the MC and his brothers, but other people especially IRON MIKE, Rikki, the guy from Diamond lake show him that those days are gone and these people living in this world are the people you need to start caring about not just the ones you use to ride with.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one is saying that's it's amazing. But if you play the game all the way through and continue to play it, and watch all the epilogue stuff, you will see there's progression for Deacon, boozer, lisa, and sarah.

Like I'm post main story now doing horde stuff and random camp missions.
Deacon even when doing some of the late Nero sites starts talking about him helping sarah try to save people by finding a cure. Before all this he could not give two shits about anyone but himself and maybe boozer.

He's a changed man, and even so if you compare him to sarah when you start doing missions for her and see how cold she has become.

You really have to pay attention to the things Deacon says to a lot of other characters in the beginning to how he is by the end of the game. He gives a shit about people now. He kind of always had a morale code specific to the MC and his brothers, but other people especially IRON MIKE, Rikki, the guy from Diamond lake show him that those days are gone and these people living in this world are the people you need to start caring about not just the ones you use to ride with.
I'm absolutely not doing that. If you think playing a game for 25 hours and it not being good means I should continue on, then you're mad. There's no way the quality of that writing suddenly gets better. It's so fucking cringeworthy. It's not about me not seeing the themes of the writers or not giving enough time to see Deacon's arc, its just plain bad.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm absolutely not doing that. If you think playing a game for 25 hours and it not being good means I should continue on, then you're mad. There's no way the quality of that writing suddenly gets better. It's so fucking cringeworthy. It's not about me not seeing the themes of the writers or not giving enough time to see Deacon's arc, its just plain bad.

Disagree completely. There are a lot of loud, in your face stereotypes you see in the writing in the beginning, but the subtle ways in which you see Deacon grow throughout the story are excellent. Just like Papacheeks says, you need to really pay attention to the small details and things Deacon says. This game says 1000 words with a single facial expression from Deacon. You see him struggle internally the entire game with who is and who he wants to be. How anyone can say this is cringe worthy considering the cheese that's thrown out there in games today, it's shocking to me. But hey, if you aren't feeling it, that's fair enough.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disagree completely. There are a lot of loud, in your face stereotypes you see in the writing in the beginning, but the subtle ways in which you see Deacon grow throughout the story are excellent. Just like Papacheeks says, you need to really pay attention to the small details and things Deacon says. This game says 1000 words with a single facial expression from Deacon. You see him struggle internally the entire game with who is and who he wants to be. How anyone can say this is cringe worthy considering the cheese that's thrown out there in games today, it's shocking to me. But hey, if you aren't feeling it, that's fair enough.
Lmao this post is essentially satire as far as I'm concerned.

The themes you talk about are like creative writing lessons for 10 year olds level. Not the pullizer quality some of you are talking like it is.

Last edited:

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
honestly I love the story and where it has went over the 40 hours or so I've played, almost at the end I think. Even my wife is watching all the cut scenes and forgets this is a video game im playing. everything once you get to camp 3 is just so much better quality wise. game started off at a 7.5 to 8 for me first 2 camps, but with how the story has played out after, its on the verge of 9 to 9.5 for me, I'm absolutely loving the game, though the frame rate drops are definitely worse in the final areas, but really only seem to take place when you approach or leave a camp at least for me.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said people need to read the storytline tabs as well they offer more insight om Deacon as a charatcer

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, I've had two hard crashes recently where it crashes in the middle of a manual save. :/ Both times it actually corrupted the save data, but thankfully I keep multiple saves and don't lose much progress with all the autosaves. I need to force boot the PS4 with the power on button on the console itself, and then it checks the HDD and gives a crash report for CE-36329-3.

Is this a known problem or should I be wary of my Pro giving up?

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If someone is already 25 hours into the game and the story hasn't "gripped" the yet, than it's a reflection of poor narrative/story direction for the game. You shouldn't have to focus on "subtle" one off lines or analyze facial expressions to satisfy your hunger for a gripping storyline. That's just plain poor writing

Those things you mentioned should be compliments to over arching storyline, to where you're already clinging to things and these little tidbits further enhance the story more - not the opposite.

I haven't played this game but there is a very clear divide on the story of this game and how long it takes until "it picks up" - to me that's just poor game direction. 25 hours is a sufficient amount of time to come to a conclusion about whether you think the game is actually good or not