• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen many opinions that sequel should have a multiplayer mode where you and other people fight hordes of freakers. But what I would love to see, is a copy of Red Dead Online but in the Days Gone world. It would be fantastic, but unfortunatelly Bend probably doesn't have enough manpower to make it.

Mar 29, 2018
Just wrapped the story. Now to tie off the hordes!

The game swithers from phenomenal to gratingly repetitive, but it spends most of the time closer to phenomenal. Really crazy work here from Bend. After games like this you're used to the credits going on for hours... But they only go on for a little bit. (The team's credits; not all the credits which do take a while...)

The story does get rough at the very end, like the proper last few minutes, mainly just due to the team not having enough time to iterate and polish, I reckon. A lot of the game's script (from start to finish, and especially outside of cutscenes), feels like early draft material. Still an amazing effort.

I got mis-spoiled before release and was under the impression we'd actually venture into a city in this game. Even just the outskirts of one. But nope, it's all rural. Still amazing but I kept waiting for that "holy shit" city moment.

Speaking of cities, though, a city in Days Gone 2 could be incredible. On next gen, imagine having hordes 3-4 times the size of the ones here but in the streets of a city, or in a shopping mall... Imagine the potential for horde fights like the sawmill but inside more developed areas with way more paths.

Speaking of hordes, it's RIDICULOUS that Bend showed the two best hordes in the game during the pre-release hype cycle. Most hordes here are pretty small and tame with only two that really hit the potential and keep you on your toes. Id definitely like the hordes to feel more dangerous in future - maybe they will with the Survival difficulty update

Last edited:

Voxels

Oct 27, 2017
Tried but the game crashes if you load a save from a greater version than you have installed. This area takes a while to get to. I may start a fresh game on 1.0 later.
Yeah that was the first thing i noticed. The folige renders way too close and at a distance, it's dithered too. But yeah this was present in 1. 04

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone able to estimate how far I am, I'm getting fed up of the ganeplay loop of fetch quests for little reason, how many times do tucker, cope Land and rikki have someone that needs to be killed or saved lol or need me to rescue someone from the cults 😑l
So boozer now has a dagger arm, and I just did the last mission for o Brian, and been told that the wife did indeed pop it (yea right..., this build up is clear that she's the shock factor)

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Really not a fan of the 4th/5th(?) camp's storyline so far.

All the build up with Sarah and so far she's just another NPC quest giver. Deacon sees she's alive and just carries on like nothing. Doesn't even try to talk to her 1 on 1. She doesn't seem to give a shit he's alive either. She was literally like a five minute bike ride away, too. It's really anti climatic imo.

So far every other quest here has been a garbage fetch quest. You even have the NPCs complaining you aren't doing enough fetch quests for them. It's getting really grating. The gameplay loop is sooooo repetitive at this point, I go into a zombie trance while I play it. I've done the same thing for like 40 hours at this point.

Don't like any of the camp members here. Camp leader is a crazy asshole.

I'm just waiting for this to end already. Don't think I'll go for the plat even if I get close. Gameplay loop is just so repetitive that it doesn't seem worth it.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing this for a couple days and I'm enjoying it a lot.

It was a little rough early on, I decided to go on hard and honestly had to learn how the game wants you to play because I was playing it wrong for the first few hours.

Now it's a very enjoyable stealth game. I've just put most of my points into focus because headshots are all that matter. Shooting anything anywhere but the head just takes god damn forever.

My main complaints would be how obvious it is when the game spawns more enemies, like when you clear an area, walk some distance and come right back, often it's repopulated. The performance can also get terrible, but it seems like it's just streaming issues. I'm on 1.09 but it still runs like ass for a few seconds when you're driving fast.

Wolves are fuckers. They are silent as hell until they are right up on you.

Still pretty early I think, so maybe the repetition hasn't had it's time to bore me yet, but it's a great time so far.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyway to make the final missions appear? I've beat the main game, but certain story threads aren't finished after the credits.

Oct 27, 2017
I just love the hordes so much. I love the gradual build of the horde music and you know there's one somewhere close. I was on the roof of a gas station and the music kicked in and then after a minute I looked down and there they all were shambling below me to their feeding ground nearby. Took them out with an attractor and a grenade, a few molotovs and then a lot of run and gun.

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was looking for this thread. Guess OTs are around for 1 week then moved here?

This game has by far the best weather effects of any game. Lighting is fantastic. Love the motorbike, I could ride around all day in the rain.

As I was starting to get burnt out the game just got amazing. What I assume is the last area of the game is brilliant with some great characters and missions. Just had a mission that was pure The Last of Us.

I really like the bible references throughout the game and some of the writing is really quite good as is the acting.

"Every man deserves a fair trial. And a fair hanging... from the neck, until dead." - Col. Garret.

Amen sir. *salutes*

Oct 27, 2017
Got to say, I'm not really understanding the repetition complaints, at least no more than any other game. Obviously you're doing the same stuff mechanically throughout, but the camps and locations are suitably unique so each encounter offers something fresh to how it plays out. My only wish is that Bend had given more opportunity to utilise the freakers and hordes etc when clearing camps - I've only done it properly once when some marauders had foolishly built their camp above a freaker cave. Mind you the stealth gameplay feels fantastic to me so it's not a huge issue.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy the fact the Col.doesn't seem to know much about religion despite talking a big game about God. It's actually pretty subtle at first but then he's asking people about the 10 Commandments.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to estimate how far I am, I'm getting fed up of the ganeplay loop of fetch quests for little reason, how many times do tucker, cope Land and rikki have someone that needs to be killed or saved lol or need me to rescue someone from the cults 😑

You can actually see this for yourself in the map. Each camp will show the number of side missions remaining. I think Tucker's camp has 8, Copeland 6.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
That heavy freaker boss was crazy intense! My heart rate was through the roof! It was so satisfying once I took him down.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
hey guys
I've been playing through this non-stop for a few days and really enjoying my time
just reached the 3rd camp and damn this game is bigger than I thought
but when do I take on hordes?
I've only managed to take down 2 small ones like around 50-100 freakers that too using attractors and fuel tanks (the horde train and a cave near hot springs that had a NERO injector in it)
when do I start like moving them down with guns and attempt like the saw mill one
as of right now I'm still scared to go inside caves and tunnels and when i see hordes they freak me out lmao

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared all the hordes, turned out to be easier than I thought. Remarkable how good you can become at it. There's four or five camps/checkpoints that produce the most scavengeable material, which really helps.

Concerning the hordes, this game really successfully takes you from "oh crap I'm dead" to "come at me while I take you all out". Instigating them to start chasing you becomes a tactic rather than a fatal mistake.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I took out a Marauder camp (Belknap) by luring out a mini-horde of freakers from a cave right below them, and making them chase me right into the camp lol. I hid while freakers took care of them and the camp fell. Serves them right for camping right above a freaker cave! I was however disappointed for the game not rewarding me for my idea :(

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So I took out a Marauder camp (Belknap) by luring out a mini-horde of freakers from a cave right below them, and making them chase me right into the camp lol. I hid while freakers took care of them and the camp fell. Serves them right for camping right above a freaker cave! I was however disappointed for the game not rewarding me for my idea :(

I kind of wish there were some human camps that could defend agaisnt a horde better. They are basically an instant win. It makes sense considering how dangerous hordes are in the DG world but would be fun to see a camp with some repurposed anti aircraft guns or the like. Maybe for a sequel.

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I co-op'd a small horde with a Marauder buddy at a Nero checkpoint. Guy was a beast. Then he turned on me. R.I.P. my friend. Ill remember you.

The late game weapons are amazing. Im mowing down hordes now.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I'm sick of the wolves. They're not deadly but more of a nuisance.

Was I right in not downloading patch 1.09? I heard it made pop in alot more frequently now.

Feb 23, 2019
Got to say, I'm not really understanding the repetition complaints, at least no more than any other game. Obviously you're doing the same stuff mechanically throughout, but the camps and locations are suitably unique so each encounter offers something fresh to how it plays out. My only wish is that Bend had given more opportunity to utilise the freakers and hordes etc when clearing camps - I've only done it properly once when some marauders had foolishly built their camp above a freaker cave. Mind you the stealth gameplay feels fantastic to me so it's not a huge issue.

Agreed, and all the activities are paced well and don't outlast their welcome

I think the world and activities in this are WAYYY better than Horizon

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about a very late game mission. Something felt off about it, like it skipped a cutscene or something, and I was wondering if I missed something (and what).

There's a mission in the 4th/5th camp where you have to rescue a hostage from an anarchist camp inside a cave. I went into the cave, killed all 14 anarchists and found the hostage, but when I went up to him and pressed and held triangle to free him, there seemed to be some sort of split second animation glitch and suddenly he got up, ran away, and all of a sudden my mission was updated to "Escape from the cave". Out of nowhere a freaker horde is coming and I'm scrambling to get out. It felt odd because the hostage and Deacon never spoke to each other and I have no idea why there was a horde all of a sudden. Did I miss a cutscene or was the mission supposed to play out this way?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So how does one get this secret ending people are talking about? or have I already done it? I talked to Rikki and Addy at Iron Mike's grave

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Major character spoiler in the 3rd camp area

I love the fact after you kill Carlos Deacon changes they way he talks when you destroy his sermons ,saying he sorry

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got this game the other day and really enjoying it. Actually surprised at the quality so far.

Maybe it will get repetitive I don't know but so far so good. Apart from Deacons mumbling. What's that about ?

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Liking the game so far and I'm not far in, just upgraded my fuel tank after the first Nero sneaking mission, which was super easy. There is certainly a huge element of danger at the nest sites and a Nero checkpoint though. I managed to take out a marauder camp which was fun. I don't understand the gun locker though? Also, I found a sniper rifle but it meant I lost my xbow so I decided against it, is there a way to carry, extra guns on my bike or something?

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
goddamn the games handling of the story for the end of lost Lake and joining the military, was just so bad. Finally meet up with Sarah and the reunion was just so bad, she barely seemed to care. Now she just gives me quests... Wtf
does the game get better or is it time to bail?

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Completed. 👍

Really enjoyed it, great game. Yet there's so much they can improve on. For a small team it was a brilliant effort. They could make something truly special with a larger team on PS5.

Now to platinum.

goddamn the games handling of the story for the end of lost Lake and joining the military, was just so bad. Finally meet up with Sarah and the reunion was just so bad, she barely seemed to care. Now she just gives me quests... Wtf
does the game get better or is it time to bail?

I was confused at first and didnt really understand why they were acting like that. Keep playing and it does start to make sense. If you're not enjoying the game by that point you probably wont change your mind. The horde stuff is fun though.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the main story last night. Absolutely loved the game even with some short comings and glitches.
One of my favorite open world games ever. They improve the AI for Days Gone 2 and it could be my favorite game of all time. Now to finish off the Hordes.
Holy shit
O'Brian! I did not see that coming. I got chills. Is that the true ending people were talking about or is there even more after finishing off the Hordes?

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Am I supposed to be finding some of the Nero checkpoints too hard right now? Doing one where there is a horde there and struggling.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Am I supposed to be finding some of the Nero checkpoints too hard right now? Doing one where there is a horde there and struggling.
Those are annoying. My only advice (just finished platinum run) is cut all the speakers and look very carefully for all the speakers a second time before turning on the generator. As for hordes they're honestly super easy once you have enough upgrades and the right guns

I went against them when I had full stamina and focus and I would just sprint, turn, spray Chicago ripper with penetration upgraded on my skill tree, and repeat. Mowed them all down easily barring a weird spot where I would get stuck on a tree or something

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finished the main story last night. Absolutely loved the game even with some short comings and glitches.
One of my favorite open world games ever. They improve the AI for Days Gone 2 and it could be my favorite game of all time. Now to finish off the Hordes.
Holy shit
O'Brian! I did not see that coming. I got chills. Is that the true ending people were talking about or is there even more after finishing off the Hordes?

That came for me after finishing the hordes. I don't know what to make of it tbh

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Those are annoying. My only advice (just finished platinum run) is cut all the speakers and look very carefully for all the speakers a second time before turning on the generator. As for hordes they're honestly super easy once you have enough upgrades and the right guns

I went against them when I had full stamina and focus and I would just sprint, turn, spray Chicago ripper with penetration upgraded on my skill tree, and repeat. Mowed them all down easily barring a weird spot where I would get stuck on a tree or something

Ok thanks I'm only a few hours in so will come back later

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Liking the game so far and I'm not far in, just upgraded my fuel tank after the first Nero sneaking mission, which was super easy. There is certainly a huge element of danger at the nest sites and a Nero checkpoint though. I managed to take out a marauder camp which was fun. I don't understand the gun locker though? Also, I found a sniper rifle but it meant I lost my xbow so I decided against it, is there a way to carry, extra guns on my bike or something?

The gun locker is for guns you have purchased to get any time

You can only carry one special weapon and it's either an LMG (my preference) the crossbow, or a sniper (useless for me since human enemies are easy as hell either way)