• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I've had two complete hard locks in the last 30 minutes of playing. Completely sapping my willpower to play this.

The performance is just ass once you get to the second area.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Completed. 👍

Really enjoyed it, great game. Yet there's so much they can improve on. For a small team it was a brilliant effort. They could make something truly special with a larger team on PS5.

Now to platinum.

I was confused at first and didnt really understand why they were acting like that. Keep playing and it does start to make sense. If you're not enjoying the game by that point you probably wont change your mind. The horde stuff is fun though.

Cheers, problem is i really enjoyed the climax of the third camp
when your taken and have no weapons was a highlight of the game for me, and then the quest for vengeance m just didn't like iron mikes continued responses to the situation and being exiled for trying to meet the wife
so moments like that are great. Just finding like the transition to the fourth camp and onwards feels like a different writer team handled it. Such a plummet in quality imo, and now back to playing courier for the camp again, ruining the tension of the situation. How long would you say is left of the game?

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Platinum'd 👌

Deacon: "What the fuck?"

😦

Cheers, problem is i really enjoyed the climax of the third camp
when your taken and have no weapons was a highlight of the game for me, and then the quest for vengeance m just didn't like iron mikes continued responses to the situation and being exiled for trying to meet the wife
so moments like that are great. Just finding like the transition to the fourth camp and onwards feels like a different writer team handled it. Such a plummet in quality imo, and now back to playing courier for the camp again, ruining the tension of the situation. How long would you say is left of the game?

I really enjoyed that section but it definitely gets better as you go on. Theres still a hefty chunk left, Id say 8 hours? Maybe less if you just burn through the store missions only.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Just finding like the transition to the fourth camp and onwards feels like a different writer team handled it. Such a plummet in quality imo, and now back to playing courier for the camp again, ruining the tension of the situation...

you're not alone, mate! it's all just so damn heavy-handed, & really feels spot-welded to what came before. still pushing my way through it myself :) ...

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Wait a second.

Am I locked out of the two camps in the southern region now for rep? I was like 800 points away from maxing Wizard Island. Lmao. Now we're planning an assault on the compound. I feel like I should just reload the save.

I don't think I'm going to be welcome at either camp when we kill the asshole Colonel and the other guy left for Reno. Lmao.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Just finished the game.

Holy shit. What a terrible final mission. Just a wack a mole shooting gallery of heavily armored enemies. Skizzo was really tacked on. The Colonel was an equally as weak "final bad guy", too. A lot of the moments felt super unearned to me personally.

Can't say I didn't crack a smile when Boozer was still alive. I liked him a lot.

It was an okay game. Super, super repetitive and it had a lot of clunky game design. It definitely deserves the 7s but I still had a good time. Hope Bend can make a sequel. They could do a lot, especially if they focus on hordes. Those were some of the best moments in the game.

Very gorgeous game, too. The dynamic weather when it just starts snowing was very impressive. I'd just stop and take in the snowfall.

I fought the horde at the Sawmill and it was dark/snowing. It was probably the highlight of the game graphically and gameplay wise. The snow coming down in the light looked incredible.

Not sure I'll be able to plat the game since I have so many more collectibles to hit the 75% mark.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait a second.

Am I locked out of the two camps in the southern region now for rep? I was like 800 points away from maxing Wizard Island. Lmao. Now we're planning an assault on the compound. I feel like I should just reload the save.

I don't think I'm going to be welcome at either camp when we kill the asshole Colonel and the other guy left for Reno. Lmao.
You'll be able to return to both after the last set of missions.

StealthWraith

Nov 8, 2018
beat the game and platinumed it about a week back and finished all hordes and ambush camps

just free roaming around just now and found some things that were interesting

nero helicopter is still flying around

even though all hordes are gone off the map i found a small sized one in a cave the indicator didnt show up when fighting it will keep looking to see if more still spawn

after awhile i returned to a old ambush camp to find out it had guys patrolling again

thought this was neat and adds replayability for those that did everything 100 percent already

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Any speculation on whether we'll be able to play the game for the first time on the new difficulty they're adding next month? I'd rather play that way from the start, hate it when games force you to do a lesser difficulty to unlock the higher one.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game this weekend. I thought they could've trimmed a bit from the story to keep it tighter but overall I thought it was an excellent game. I was really impressed by some of the characters and acting.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I had a snowstorm with thunder, while the sun was shining and a horde wad chasing me it was crazy

Man I hate when topics goes here it like they just die :(

Any speculation on whether we'll be able to play the game for the first time on the new difficulty they're adding next month? I'd rather play that way from the start, hate it when games force you to do a lesser difficulty to unlock the higher one.
I am sure it will be unlock at the start.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone else think there was gonna be more to
khauri having deacons ring
? Also does this mean he just stole it after it was confiscated? Lol

It's funny how all these characters always giving deacon the sideeye like he be swooping in on their love interests. 😏

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
Rolled credits now I'm gonna find the secret ending. Here's my review:

The great/good:

Hordes - these are by far the best part of the game. They move and react intensely and usually require a bit of planning to take down. Strategizingand utilizing the tools at your disposal to take them down is extremely thrilling.

The bike - the bike is fun to ride, and it's fun to upgrade. Souping it up and loading it with saddle bags was very satisfying because it encouraged staying out in the world. I found myself driving places instead of fast travelling which speaks for itself.

The atmosphere - is breathtaking. I found myself stopping all of the time, looking around, taking everything in. The weather, day/night cycle and graphics are all wonderful.

The average:

Story - it's a fun story, but it drags a bit and can be "assembled" a bit funky in some spots. The constant loading screens during cut scenes were a bummer too. Enjoyable overall however. By the end, my fiancee and I were super eager to see how it ended.

The shooting - the shooting is stiff but serviceable. It makes for less thrilling encounters. Definitely super average, and I hope the sequel tightens this up a lot.

The world content - there's lots to do but it's not super thrilling. But that's how it goes with many open world games. You already know what I'm gonna say...more npc's in the world, more sidequests to discover and complete in the world, more characters in the world (not just at encampments) etc etc.

The bad:

The jank - I encountered a fair bit during my playthrough. Enemies not reacting to me, glitched out survivors, gun stopped firing during a horde once which was great lol.

The audio design - I'm mostly referencing the dialogue here. There was some serious wackiness with the audio when in the world. Survivors being barely audible, some lines were cranked up to 10 while others you couldn't hear. I had 2 minute long radio convos repeat for no apparent reason and no way to skip which was annoying. Other audio like world sounds or shooting were great. But the radio dialogue was all over the place.

Overall it's an [8.0]. It's a really good open world zombie game with a fun story to boot. I found myself immersed in the world and had a great time playing through. My points of focus for the sequel would be to improve the shooting and movement and further enrich the open world. Looking forward to that 1000 freaker horde on PS5.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of hoping they emphasize the survival aspects for the final game a bit more. I think I only ever ran out of gas like 3 times in the 50 or so hours I've played. The fact that a single gascan always fills your bike to the top and they regenerate kind of negates this entire aspect of the game entirely. Not too mention I was rarely ever short on materials except for the very endgame when I was clearing out nests and taking out hordes. Feels a bit like they want to have their cake and eat it too in terms of the survival elements and making the game accessible and it doesn't really work out all that well in the end.

Not saying they should make a hardcore survival game for a sequel either but I'd like to see them fleshed out further and better implemented. Even things like making it so Deacon has to wear different clothing for the colder climates or frostbite sets in, that sort of stuff. I don't need to see him drinking water every 15 minutes or anything like that. Also things like making it so upgrades for your bike might have negative tradeoffs such as more armor making it heavier and more unwieldy to ride or a bigger engine means its louder. Could even do it so you have different styles of bikes like those tuned for speed or those made to carry a ton of supplies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a way to chuck a grenade behind your back without turning around...always kind of awkward having to look at the ground or turn around
I generally don't have to worry much about that because I make sure to park my bike where I can make an easy getaway if need be. I start chucking a few grenades before the horde knows I'm there, start mowing some down with the machine gun, then run to the bike and go a few hundred feet down the road, and start mowing them down with the Chicago Chopper again.

Feb 23, 2019
I generally don't have to worry much about that because I make sure to park my bike where I can make an easy getaway if need be. I start chucking a few grenades before the horde knows I'm there, start mowing some down with the machine gun, then run to the bike and go a few hundred feet down the road, and start mowing them down with the Chicago Chopper again.

Good tip, I've been doing it all on foot and it can be a really crazy and exhausting experience

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Man the frame rate really is atrocious when you get to the 4th camp. How on earth did they think it was acceptable to ship it in this state? Real shame as it ruins the experience.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Burnout apocalypse trophy is bugged, I don't care what anyone says
Going for a bigger circle was the key for me. Donuts really don't count even though there is one trophy guide video showing that it does. Also, half trigger on the acceleration and hitting circle once instead of holding it helped too. I did it with a maxed out bike, I know some people say to go back to older parts.

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Going for a bigger circle was the key for me. Donuts really don't count even though there is one trophy guide video showing that it does. Also, half trigger on the acceleration and hitting circle once instead of holding it helped too. I did it with a maxed out bike, I know some people say to go back to older parts.

Yeah I got the trophy in the same way but it seemed arbitrarily given, the drift that made it pop up was no different from the dozens I'd been doing for 90 minutes beforehand.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So how come right at the start of the game you're introduced to the newt zombies and now I'm at second camp I've never seen them since that point?

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Man this game is really bloated. On the 4th camp and getting tired of the constant go there collect that fetch quests. The frame rate being atrocious is not helping my desire to play either....

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to the part where you
first drive out after Boozer gets blood poisoning. The drive and the background music!
It felt so good!

Definitely enjoying this game now that I kind of understand the systems in place.

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the main story, really enjoyed that ending. The final fight encounter was really satisfying.

But it made me lol that in the ending scene that
Deacon finally talks at a normal volume when there are dozens of people making noise at a bonfire? Lol that's the one time he should have shouted

I understand there are post game missions and I know there is some twist with that story but I may look it up. Want to get back to NNk2

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Platinumed it last night. I'd give this game a low 80. It's a very fun game and has a lot of enjoyable parts, but it is very rough around the edges and it does get a little samey. I'm excited for a sequel if it every comes

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Platinumed it last night. I'd give this game a low 80. It's a very fun game and has a lot of enjoyable parts, but it is very rough around the edges and it does get a little samey. I'm excited for a sequel if it every comes

Same feelings. They could've trimmed some and had a tighter experience. A lot of impressive stuff though. I'd definitely rate it higher than the general review consensus.

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished the game.... wow, Definitely one of my favorite games for this generation, loved it a lot.

Loved the story and the characters, loved the gameplay and the exploration, loved the bike and the atmosphere and the music.

Also one of the best credit songs I've ever heard.

This game definitely good, and I cannot wait for the sequel.

I'm just so happy the game is getting the sales and the love it deserves... thank you Bend for giving me a memorable experience.

Totally in love with the universe of Days Gone.... some issues here and there but overall a very fun enjoyable game and Deacon is a really good protagonist.

One of the few games I didn't want it to end.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
So ummm... did I screw up on the lisa quest? I finished the game and am at 90% for her quest... I was looking up a guide, and apparently you're supposed to help her out at "that place"? After she freed me, I took off to escape. I didn't know you were supposed to find or help her out too... is that why it's at 90%? Am I screwed in completing it? I saw a scene on YT of her showing up in post game.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So ummm... did I screw up on the lisa quest? I finished the game and am at 90% for her quest... I was looking up a guide, and apparently you're supposed to help her out at "that place"? After she freed me, I took off to escape. I didn't know you were supposed to find or help her out too... is that why it's at 90%? Am I screwed in completing it? I saw a scene on YT of her showing up in post game.

I helped her at that place, but nothing in the game is supposed to be missable. So just fast travel around and her quest should eventually popup.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what the hell.

Is
Chemult College
blocked off by story progression??

Because I'm not seeing a way in here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Jus met the Witch, if I stay on critical path, approx how much longer do I have?

You're about 2/3 through the game at that point. In terms of hours for critical path. 10-15 maybe? I was doing everything I could as I progressed so i'm not completely sure about that.

So what the hell.

Is
Chemult College
blocked off by story progression??

Because I'm not seeing a way in here.

Yeah, it's story related.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is a really good game. Think it could do with being trimmed a bit but still really good.

I kind of get the repetitive complaints but I don't think it's any worse then other open world games.

Also I personally would just take out the fuel mechanic all together as it's just a pain in the ass.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Are Radio Free Oregon collectibles supposed to happen anytime we ride the bike? I'm still missing one (#18) and I've done everything available in the game. :-\

edit: oh for the #18 you have to be out of gas... gess it's time to finally empty this tank.

Last edited: