• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
As someone playing this game while listening to podcasts I like how the missions tell you how many enemies you need to clear out.

I've played a few hours, it's definitely a bit more engaging than my initial impression but I also just feel like it does a lot of things OK and nothing great, if that makes sense.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My PS4 just died 30 hours into this game.

I have PS plus but on the wrong account, so it doesn't auto back up saves. I'm so pissed off and upset, to be honest.

This, and my Monster Hunter World save. All gone.

The rest, I barely care about.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Just rolled credits tonight. Probably gonna try to clean up all the hordes. Absolutely loved it despite a couple of low moments, but nothing that kept me from really enjoying the larger picture. Really came to love Boozer and a lot of the other supporting characters.

Also, I have to to laugh at all the people who prejudged the game claiming they absolutely knew it was going to follow a certain trope. They were ABSOLUTELY wrong.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the platinum after fucking around with the nitro drift trophy for 3 hours. Holy crap what a shitty trophy that is compared to the rest. I tried every tip & trick I could find on youtube, in the end I just got lucky when I drove through some water and the trophy suddenly popped.

Might come back and finish the last hordes (I did 80% of them) but probably not, they get a little repetitive. Overall I really enjoyed the game!

There's just a horde right near the end of that mission that fucks with shit. I actually had the game softlock there when I talked to him and the camera came in like he was going to say his shit then he never did and I just got stuck standing there. He just says some bullshit about thanks for saving me.
Thanks! My boyfriend played this mission last weekend so I was able to see how it "should've" played out, but I'm still not entirely sure because the mission was really glitchy for him as well. Was mostly wondering if there should've been a cutscene or something that explained why that horde suddenly spawned, but guess it just kinda randomly happens. Oh well!

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I finally finished the main story.
edit: nvm, found the answer

Last edited:

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I just got to the part where
iron mike rides with me to the southern pass and I can no longer go back north

How far into the game Am i?

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to explain but you will know when you finish the game. I recommend maxing them out as they are pretty easy if you take out the enemy camps and do the camp missions.
I finished it, and didn't notice anything, also no one died or anything, so not sure what difference could it make.
I stop playing after you get the receipt for the stunt gun

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished it, and didn't notice anything, also no one died or anything, so not sure what difference could it make.
I stop playing after you get the receipt for the stunt gun
It is not really a big difference.
Basically those you earn their trust come and help you attack the militia. If you have trust with one camp they show up, if not they don't.

Oct 25, 2017
It is not really a big difference.
Basically those you earn their trust come and help you attack the militia. If you have trust with one camp they show up, if not they don't.
I thought so when he said here with my allies.. blah blah blah,
but does it actually change the mission? like less enemies or something?
I thought it would prevent Boozer from dying, but he was alive after all, lol
Also is there an explanation on why O'brian
looks like a freaker, or what does it mean
?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought so when he said here with my allies.. blah blah blah,
but does it actually change the mission? like less enemies or something?
I thought it would prevent Boozer from dying, but he was alive after all, lol
Also is there an explanation on why O'brian
looks like a freaker, or what does it mean
?
I don't think it does anything honestly but then again I could be wrong. Boozer lives anyway so it could be less enemies and some minor lines.

As for O'Brien, he said that Nero is coming to kill every camp or make them freaker. It is not definite what he means but Nero is coming to do something.

As for O'Brien himself, my theory is that Nero turned them into a superior type of freaker that can still think like a human and have self-control for various reasons we will find out next game and that Deacon himself could be on his way to turn into a Freaker. Remember the Nero injectors that made the player have more health and stamina? Those could be things that Nero tricked their people into becoming freakers. I say this because Deacon does so many impossible tasks in the game like taking on hundreds of bandits alone and hordes of freaks, which is very super human and is not unheard of in the survivor communities. If you remember Captain Kouri's reactions to Deacon's feats (taking down a whole camp solo or taking down a 300 freak horde and how amazed he was at what he was doing it starts making sense.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just started the game. Holy shit never ever has my Pro been this loud. Not during RDR2 or GoW. Even in 1080p mode without supersampling my console fans go full on super Saiyajin. lol

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
boozer looses his arm
, can anyone tell me how much is left... I kind of just want the game to be over with :(

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
boozer looses his arm
, can anyone tell me how much is left... I kind of just want the game to be over with :(
Lol not even halfway. The story really picks up in that camp but I guess if you still aren't having fun at this point, you might as well just stop playing.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the game must be long I feel like I've played hours upon hours. Not that I'm not having fun, I just want to finish the game lol. Been playing since launch.
It was a surprisingly long game. It takes a while to get going, as the beginning is a bit of a slog, but it hits its stride about 12 hours in or so. And it's a 60-70 hour game on average.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just a quick question as I've only recently started the game, is there a way of saving at the exact part of the game you are playing? I played through the tutorial and got a bit further in but after re-loading the game (after turning the game off) it put me back about 15-20 minutes.

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick question as I've only recently started the game, is there a way of saving at the exact part of the game you are playing? I played through the tutorial and got a bit further in but after re-loading the game (after turning the game off) it put me back about 15-20 minutes.
triangle, next to your bike, but i think you can't save in mid missions..

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Think Ive put in about 7 hours into the game now. Definitely taking my time and while there is some jank, I'm having a really fun time. I enjoy the setting, and Im enjoying scavenging for supplies while having to keep an eye out for potential threats. The game constantly makes me feel tense whenever I leave a camp.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I just got the platinum.

The last trophy needed? You guessed it: Burnout Apocalypse. Luckily I didn't spend more than 15 minutes or so really trying to get it to work.

I usually don't go for all of the trophies in a game, but I enjoyed this so damn much that I felt like getting the platinum would feel like a real achievement and a way to show my love for what Bend has created here. Truly a satisfying experience, all around.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Patch 1.10
Survival Difficulty Mode

• Survival difficulty mode has been included in this latest patch
  • This mode includes an immersive HUD
  • Enemies will deal more damage
  • Fast Travel has been blocked in this mode
  • Survival Vision has been modified in this mode
  • Complete Survival difficulty mode for a new bike decal
  • Two new trophies have been added exclusive to this new difficulty mode

Progression Issues

• Fixed the issue where players didn't have access to the rock item during certain missions
  • Items that drop from Bounty jobs should now be acquirable after the target is taken out
  • Players should not be blocked from completing certain Bounty jobs (Mitch confirmed)
  • The mission cinematic for " will properly trigger
  • Resolved the issue with the knife in the mission "Sherman's Camp Is Crawling"

General Fixes

• Added a tutorial pop-up screen for recovering your bike
  • Audio improvements have been made for all the guns
  • Adjusted the reticle to be more visible when shooting
  • Fixed a player respawn issue in Old Farewell
  • Various bug fixes and stability improvements

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of want to start again on Survival difficulty but those first 8 hours are painful.

I just booted up a new save on Survival last night.

I really think "painful" is overstating it. Nowhere near as bad as you remember. Especially since I've spent so much time with these characters and the story.

I'm picking up really cool details and foreshadowing in the dialogue that you could only clue in to after having played the game.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I just booted up a new save on Survival last night.

I really think "painful" is overstating it. Nowhere near as bad as you remember. Especially since I've spent so much time with these characters and the story.

I'm picking up really cool details and foreshadowing in the dialogue that you could only clue in to after having played the game.

Even so the most painful thing is going back to having no skills unlocked so the looting and aiming is back to being gimped.

Silent Disco

Oct 26, 2017
USA
new survival difficulty text wall incoming...

started new game on survival, played to the part where copeland want's deek to take back the radio tower and there's a nero checkpoint he needs to visit for clean bandages.

so far the survival difficulty isn't that much harder than the OG "hard" difficulty in the beginning but there are some major differences, imo.

new survival hud:
it starts out the same during the leon chase but either right after that (willie's gas station) or once deek completes the opening forced linear tutorials it changes to the this new "survival hud".

new survival hud removes:
  • mini-map; so no route based gps system!
  • visual on health bar.
  • visual on stamina bar.
  • visual on bullets/throwables/bolts remaining or equipped
new survival hud keeps:
  • persistent mission floating markers.
  • mission objectives in upper left while in batman vision mode thingy.
  • things you can interact with are still highlighted in survival vision briefly.
essentially the new survival hud removes that entire cluster of items in lower left.
if there's a way to temporarily see that cluster i haven't been able to figure it out.

to my eyes/memory you're now completely blind from any hud elements other than mission markers.
and unless you hold down LB to access that weapon wheel thingy you are live action blind from knowing how many bullets/throwable/bolts you have remaining.
plus, i have yet to find a way to see what your health & stamina is at other than checking to see if you can apply bandages/first-aid kits and/or use those health/stamina pills.

locked skills:

the 3 survival skills associated with survival vision (range, length and highlighting enemies) are locked and not selectable. didn't notice/see any other locked skills.

other observation:

-basic melee weapons (i.e. baseball bat, 2x4...) lose almost 50% durability in killing ONE freaker!
and it seems (i'm prolly off on this) like it takes 10 or so melee hits to kill said freaker.

-the no fast travel is probably gonna be the hardest adjustment for me.
i walked/ran/rolled/sneaked/biked 95% of the entire map in my first play through.
but also utilized the fast travel system.
like a lot.

finished game about a week ago. had a few trophies left for platinum so figured i'd wait until the survival difficulty update dropped before tackling those. this survival difficulty mode will be interesting.

i can't fast travel.
i have no mini-map.
and i must scream.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The floating missing waypoints were the one thing I wanted to get rid of, that just kills immersion.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
if you're looking for full immersion you could always just de-select any current mission/job and be marker free...
hit those jobs/missions on memory or as you come across them!

Yeah that's what I do sometimes but that it just takes too long and obtuse after a while. To be honest I want an option where you just keep the minimap and just disable everything else so all the icons are just kept in bottom right corner and the main screen is left clean.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I completed the "Horde Killer" storyline yesyerday and got all the IPCA tech stuff. Now I'm just looking for some human enemies to test my new toy.

Needless to say, I loved the game. Yeah, some missions suck and it has technical issues, but it gave exactly what I was expecting.

It looked much better than what I was anticipating, after the alpha videos I didn't think this game would be a looker, but guess I was wrong. The scenery looks amazing and the weather effects look pretty good.

At first I was a bit disappoonted with the guns, but it seems like getting militar/elite grade guns (and probably getting some related skills, idk) turn this game into a good shooter. I especially like the way semi automatic rifles feel.

I ended up really liking the characters and the story
especially Deek and Sarah's relationship

I loved the bike. Granted, regular bike feels slow as hell, but once you get some upgrades, it feels pretty damn good. I didn't even use fast travel.

I think that the survival aspects had a good enough balance. Many people complain about the fuel, but I never ran out of fuel because there are enough places to fill your tank. Andonce you get the last upgrade for the gas tank, you don't even need to worry about that for some time.

I think that Bend nailed the atmosphere. You feel relatively safe during the day, but once the night comes, you do get the sensation that you're in the middle of the zombie (freaker) apocalypse (especially when 'the freakshow' starts playing out of nowhere).

On the cons, we have the technical stuff. The framerate drops while in the bike whenever you're near a camp are pretty bad. Most of the time I thought that it ran fine, but I'm not too strict in that sense.

People keep mentioning glitches and bugs, but I just ran into a couple of them, and they were minor stuff that got solved restarting from last checkpoint.

The stealth missions were just bad. I didn't like how a couple of the missions where you have to take on a horde, mostly because they wouldn't let you prepare yourself.

I've got mixed feeling woth the hordes. There are ones that are fun to take on (like the sawmill horde and the one in Chemult), but the ones that were in caves were just meh.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Last night I was doing a random side mission to rescue someone and they were at the end of a cave system. Right after I rescue them, all of a sudden a horde just starts pouring in from a floor above me. I start high tailing it out of there, scared as shit. Once I get towards the beginning of the cave, I run into a group of 10 marauders just waiting for me, apparently. I roll past them, and the horde just demolishes them. I tried taking the horde out after that, but after dying once, I guess too much time passed and they weren't in the cave anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a question, suddenly I can't view any of my Days Gone screenshots in full screen? I can see all the thumbnails fine and I can set them as a theme background, I just can scroll through them full screen. I just get a black screen. General Google tells me it's AC Odyssey, bit I've not played that....

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Just got this due to my Best Buy gamers thing still working and days of play sale.

So, I see on "how long to beat" this is at 36 hours

That true?
I'm probably only gonna play the main missions.