• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I personally haven't finish the game yet myself, but I did go south (point of no return mission) and have done about 3-4 missions in the new area. The story is at its best at Iron Mikes in my opinion especially the 2nd half of Iron Mike before you ride south.

I'm actually kind of annoyed at where I am now (Wizard Island). The lag dips seem very frequent in this area. Its driving me insane.
Yeah there's noticeable frame rate issues around wizard island.
The story is really good now. I personally didn't care for any of the boozer stuff, he's annoying

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
The colonel's speeches crack me up. His insane gesticulating reminds of George Steinbrenner from Seinfeld. I also think he's just kind of crazy in general. I'm not sure if those speeches are so intentionally comical or not.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
The colonel's speeches crack me up. His insane gesticulating reminds of George Steinbrenner from Seinfeld. I also think he's just kind of crazy in general. I'm not sure if those speeches are so intentionally comical or not.
Intentionally comical? Perhaps. However, his over-the-top gesticulating really reminds me of zealots in general, so I buy it. It seems to fit into the game world to me.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Intentionally comical? Perhaps. However, his over-the-top gesticulating really reminds me of zealots in general, so I buy it. It seems to fit into the game world to me.

Yeah it suits him. I would love it if the camera panned to Deac's face, with his mouth agape with bewilderment.

Whatever the case, I always look forward to them.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
Yeah it suits him. I would love it if the camera panned to Deac's face, with his mouth agape with bewilderment.

Whatever the case, I always look forward to them.
Same here. At first I was like... well... a little too on the nose maybe? But, when looked at in the tone of the game, it fits. And I also came to enjoy it. I dunno, maybe it's just because I've lived in an area with a lot of fundamentalist preachers, but in my humble opinion, it works within the framework of the game. I like it.

Oct 27, 2017
If the freakers don't get you, something will:
https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...escued-after-4-days-remote-oregon/1833762001/

"A 73-year-old man who was stranded in the remote Oregon high desert for four days with his two dogs was rescued when a long-distance mountain biker discovered him near death on a dirt road, authorities said Thursday.

Gregory Randolph had hiked about 14 miles (22.5 kilometers) with one of his dogs after his Jeep got stuck in a narrow, dry creek bed. He was barely conscious when biker Tomas Quinones found him on July 18.

Quinones, of Portland, hadn't seen anyone all day as he biked across the so-called Oregon Outback, a sparsely populated expanse of scrub brush and cattle lands in south-central Oregon. At first, he thought the strange lump was a dead cow."

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
Wow, that's incredible!

Man, people who think this game is lacking pure gameplay are sleeping on the challenge modes. They are great fun and arcadey as hell. Frustrating, tough, and fun as all get out. This is a game that keeps on giving, and that's a good thing!

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
For you who downloaded the game digitally, how big is the game total as of right now?

Need to know how much stuff I need to remove. :D

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So without spoiling anything, is it ever explained why deacon has that rag tied to his handlebars? Seems a weird detail.
Also, tried the bfg sniper rifle and it's undoubtedly great, but I can't pull myself away from the crossbow, it's so versatile

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Did Bend say that they were going to iterate upon the gunplay in an update, or was that just a load of nonsense I read somewhere? I'd like to know because I'm finally playing this, but can't stand the gunplay so far.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Did Bend say that they were going to iterate upon the gunplay in an update, or was that just a load of nonsense I read somewhere? I'd like to know because I'm finally playing this, but can't stand the gunplay so far.

Gunplay is bad in the beginning because you have no upgrades and awful weapons. Basically it's essential to put a bunch of points into the combat skill tree to reduce the recoil and up your ammo.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The gunplay is awesome you just need to focus on the ranged skills for a while

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Well I just got the hidden ending. Wtf just happened!!

Still have over half the hordes to take down then I guess I'm done.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Well I just got the hidden ending. Wtf just happened!!

Hopefully a sequel.

80871033.jpg

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I've just done the mission where you take down a horde while someone else stands and just watches from top of a hill lol.
It made me think that there's a great opportunity for Co op in this game, just offline 2 player Co op would be really fun doing horde challenges.
Also, how much left of the story do I have to go!?

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
So I've just done the mission where you take down a horde while someone else stands and just watches from top of a hill lol.
It made me think that there's a great opportunity for Co op in this game, just offline 2 player Co op would be really fun doing horde challenges.
Also, how much left of the story do I have to go!?
You have less than a third to go. Maybe a quarter give or take.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I haven't touched the game since the first month it was released. I was waiting on some QOL patches. Without spoiling anything, have they got the game running good and added much?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy taxi is pretty fun. Not very good at it though.

I haven't touched the game since the first month it was released. I was waiting on some QOL patches. Without spoiling anything, have they got the game running good and added much?

It's running pretty good except for one area towards the end where it will sometimes hitch for 10+ seconds, but otherwise it runs fine on the pro. I don't know if they've added anything other than the challenges.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
The NERO stealth missions were a point of criticism in reviews and player opinion, right? Because these are super bland. Easily worse than Spider-Man's.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Crazy taxi is pretty fun. Not very good at it though.

It's running pretty good except for one area towards the end where it will sometimes hitch for 10+ seconds, but otherwise it runs fine on the pro. I don't know if they've added anything other than the challenges.
i gotta say im loving the crazy taxi mode, its fun as hell havent played in in a few months feels damn smooth for me aswell on a pro

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
So is there any story DLC planned? I know there was something mentioned for the special editions, 3 free story DLCs, and then those details were removed before launch. But now reading around it seems nothing else is planned or official outside the weekly challenges?

The NERO stealth missions were a point of criticism in reviews and player opinion, right? Because these are super bland. Easily worse than Spider-Man's.

game play wise they were ok. Nothing really to complain about. But I thought they were great for story and context and adding some mystery to the infected and Nero's role.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'd estimate I'm roughly 75% through the game, maybe a bit less than that, and one interesting thing I've noticed is that the term "Freakers" in reference to the infected is very rarely used, if at all. Instead, everyone just calls them Freaks. Makes me kinda wonder why Bend didn't go with that term in the official marketing as well, since the "Freaker" term received some mockery.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd estimate I'm roughly 75% through the game, maybe a bit less than that, and one interesting thing I've noticed is that the term "Freakers" in reference to the infected is very rarely used, if at all. Instead, everyone just calls them Freaks. Makes me kinda wonder why Bend didn't go with that term in the official marketing as well, since the "Freaker" term received some mockery.

Yeah, I remember hearing all about how dumb "freaker" sounded (and it does), but it is rarely used in the in-game dialogue.

I actually really liked them and I hated stuff like the Assassin's Creed follow missions. I think I only failed one of the NERO stealth missions once and all it did was reset me a minute or two before.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The Nero stealth sections are bland but nothing offensive. The bike chases are by far the worst missions in the game, just awful in every way.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
The nero sections were good narratively. I liked the lore and the dialogue they provided.
Gameplay wise they were very bland.

I also disliked the bike chases.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
Well, I guess the bike chases weren't for everyone, ha! I liked them though, they were a good alternate kind of mission.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bike chases would've been fine if they didn't have that dumb "He Got Away!" thing that makes you sit through a loading screen to try all over again. Just hold them at a certain distance and let you catch up...

Anyway, I finally finished the main story! Man, what a ride! Definitely high my list of Games of the Year so far and I quite like how things wrapped up.

Looking forward to maxing out faction with the remaining camps and clearing out some hordes now.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just cleared out the sawmill horde, it really is huge. The attractor bombs are a great way to clear a good amount. Ultimately I think I cheesed it a little by hiding in a Bush and attracting them out, but they still found me and I had a huge chase through a tunnel panicking like hell haha.
Guessing I'm really close to the end now.

addyb

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought myself another ps4 to catch up on some exclusives I'd not got round to playing, this being one of them. Really enjoying it so far. I'm quite surprised by the amount of negative reviews of the gaming media for this. Actual players themselves seem to really enjoy it. That's what counts I guess.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not done with the game, probably about 50% through, but

Why the fuck would Deacon bring Boozer with him to go on his last mission for the N.E.R.O. researcher to find out where Sarah is or what happened to her?

I already know something bad is going to happen. I'm loving the game though. Just a really fun game with fun traversal and gunplay mechanics. I really like the characters and writing so far too. I can see if someone has open world fatigue that they might get burned out but I haven't played an open world game since probably Zelda:BotW and I'm really enjoying Days Gone.

Want to wrap it up soon so I can leave some room for the gourmet open world game coming out this fall. Y'all already know. Death Stranding.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm not done with the game, probably about 50% through, but

Why the fuck would Deacon bring Boozer with him to go on his last mission for the N.E.R.O. researcher to find out where Sarah is or what happened to her?

I already know something bad is going to happen. I'm loving the game though. Just a really fun game with fun traversal and gunplay mechanics. I really like the characters and writing so far too. I can see if someone has open world fatigue that they might get burned out but I haven't played an open world game since probably Zelda:BotW and I'm really enjoying Days Gone.

Want to wrap it up soon so I can leave some room for the gourmet open world game coming out this fall. Y'all already know. Death Stranding.
You've got a long way to go yet!

I just got to the credits last night, the final act is really good. What a great game, for sure deserves better than the reviews

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So how do I unlock the so called secret ending? Clear the hordes or something?
Also, is the ending related to some of the Nero points that seem to be impossible to reach?

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Start it yesterday directly on survival mode, because i like my game challenging ! I really dig the very slow paced gameplay, but there a little thing that i find stupid on survival mode, healt/stamina bar is hidden, have to use the vison to see it, i can understand for minimap.... you have acces to focus bar everytime... don't make sense to me. The lack of quick travel on survival make finding fuel super tense sometimes. Yeah can't wait to get futher into the game.

Little question on the side is there something to make collectable appear map later on ?

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Day 870 something. Whoever designed the nitro drift trophy can g... Aargh >:[

Last one and after looking at videos and general tips, this thing just doesn't seem to register.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
Day 870 something. Whoever designed the nitro drift trophy can g... Aargh >:[

Last one and after looking at videos and general tips, this thing just doesn't seem to register.

My advice is just keep trying. I watched a lot of tutorial videos and tried for hours, then finally got it. I don't have any secrets or tips, I just kept trying. Good luck, you'll get it!