• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 8, 2017
It's not much but what the hell. I was watching Brandon Jones do a Q&A for Patrons of Easy Allies and he was listing all the games on the horizon and how much he's looking forward to Mortal Kombat which comes out days before Days Gone. He said his play time will get pushed in to May because Days Gone is one of his most anticipated games of the entire year. He got hands on with Days Gone during the recent preview event and will have a video going up on the 6th so make of it what you will.

Last edited:

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
It's not much but what the hell. I was watching Brandon Jones do a Q&A for Patrons of Easy Allies and he was listing all the games on the horizon and how much he's looking forward to Moral Kombat which comes out days before Days Gone. He said his play time will get pushed in to May because Days Gone is one of his most anticipated games of the entire year. He got hands on with Days Gone during the recent preview event and will have a video going up on the 6th so make of it what you will.

Great to hear, was hoping for a preview from Brandon :)

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever I see this thread get bumped it gives me the urge to watch the trailers again.

It's not much but what the hell. I was watching Brandon Jones do a Q&A for Patrons of Easy Allies and he was listing all the games on the horizon and how much he's looking forward to Mortal Kombat which comes out days before Days Gone. He said his play time will get pushed in to May because Days Gone is one of his most anticipated games of the entire year. He got hands on with Days Gone during the recent preview event and will have a video going up on the 6th so make of it what you will.

Ooo good to know that Brandon is looking forward to it. I don't think him or any of the Allies have mentioned it on either podcast.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now we wait for some website to upload their preview early by accident only for someone to get screenshots before it gets taken down.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dont want to rock the boat, but the game isn't going to have an ending score of metacritic over 90... and I think it would be foolish right now to suggest its going to get that.

I certainly think a metacritic of 70-80 is perfectly possible/reasonable for this type of game and that would be a good result. Its a zombie game and reviewers are not generally going to want to give a high score to that (ignoring Last of Us, which is a different style).

Now there's a difference between review scores and what people think of the game, example:

Dying Light: 74
Dead Island : 71

Both really fun games and great zombie games.... and much more fun than the reviewer scores in most cases suggested. (Dying Light was a fantastic zombie game and imho was in the 80's).

Dying Light was an 8.0/10 for me personally. I'm expecting an 85+ for Days Gone critically and at least a 9.0/10 for me personally. Game is going to surprise a lot of people and I don't mean in The Order kind of way.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you're patiently waiting on Ninja's preview thread to go live.

804698589055a40e91e517a329f1dc0d.gif

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
tomorrow one famous italian vg site (everyeye) will post his preview at 9 AM, so previews out in the morning for all of us i suppose.

the writer was a little cold in the older previews so it would be interesting if he changes his mind on the game.

(sorry for my english)

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Can we get a source with that please?
a mod from the affiliated forum (forumeye) tell me this in the OT of the game, i ask him for a source, probably a tweet from francesco fossetti, the writer of the article.

here:
5c6183e770dfcc8549fc9428e3e194b3.jpg

i don't particularly like his taste in vg but he is a skilled writer, that's for sure.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
In English:

Days Gone: (new preview): 9 AM in the morning

Sekiro (we will also talk about the progression system): Hours 17

Devil May Cry 5: (review) Hours 17

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the title to make it clear of the times in PT/UK time and Euro time. That's all correct right?

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'll be up for these previews, don't have work till 1 PM ET tomorrow, hope this looks great in the new footage and the previews are glowing.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Dont want to rock the boat, but the game isn't going to have an ending score of metacritic over 90... and I think it would be foolish right now to suggest its going to get that.

I certainly think a metacritic of 70-80 is perfectly possible/reasonable for this type of game and that would be a good result. Its a zombie game and reviewers are not generally going to want to give a high score to that (ignoring Last of Us, which is a different style).

Now there's a difference between review scores and what people think of the game, example:

Dying Light: 74
Dead Island : 71

Both really fun games and great zombie games.... and much more fun than the reviewer scores in most cases suggested. (Dying Light was a fantastic zombie game and imho was in the 80's).
I don't know many people who actually liked Dead Island though. I know a ton of people who were hyped for it from the reveal trailer and because it was zombies but most people I know were let down by it.

I guess this is a good sign for DG though. People eat that up(general public not hardcore gamers on a forum) and those games did well despite being nit well received. So even if DG reviews low I'm sure it will still sell well.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is someone making a preview thread? Seems these are going to start trickling out considering all the PR events going on in asia and the east.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
~8 hours to go? Tomorrow is going to be interesting.

Hopefully Easy Allies impressions are among the first. Especially interested in how Brandon Jones feels about the latest playable build.