• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I mean, neither does rdr2, and they ate that up.
I find it so wild that anybody could walk away from RDR2 and say it does 'nothing revolutionary'. Maybe if you're exclusively talking about new types of missions & combat in the open-world genre... But fuck, RDR2 seems like it's nothing BUT revolutionary ideas. The slow, meaningful pace of every interaction. The focus on side-content that rewards exploration with narrative content. The cinematic focus applied to world traversal. All bold ideas in this genre, and frankly the reason it was such a divisive experience.

Honestly, if Days Gone somehow applied some of those pacing lessons to its' open world - that'd be awesome.

azertydu91

Oct 27, 2017
I find it so wild that anybody could walk away from RDR2 and say it does 'nothing revolutionary'. Maybe if you're exclusively talking about new types of missions & combat in the open-world genre... But fuck, RDR2 seems like it's nothing BUT revolutionary ideas. The slow, meaningful pace of every interaction. The focus on side-content that rewards exploration with narrative content. The cinematic focus applied to world traversal. All bold ideas in this genre, and frankly the reason it was such a divisive experience.

Honestly, if Days Gone somehow applied some of those pacing lessons to its' open world - that'd be awesome.
I don't get it rdr2 is revolutionary because interactions are slow, there are sidequests and cinematic world traversal ?
I mean none of that is new, it may be well done but not new.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't get it rdr2 is revolutionary because interactions are slow, there are sidequests and cinematic world traversal ?
I mean none of that is new, it may be well done but not new.
I would not say the slow interactions are well done at all.

Probably the worst AAA experience I had to endure.

And I agree nothing he/she mentioned is revolutionary, many games have done that stuff, and I'd argue much better.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
I am intrigued to read the previews for this seems as the impression i was getting was a bit sub par, but being a first party sony release they tend to pull the stops out to get it good (bravo team notwithstanding).

azertydu91

Oct 27, 2017
I would not say the slow interactions are well done at all.

Probably the worst AAA experience I had to endure.

And I agree nothing he/she mentioned is revolutionary, many games have done that stuff, and I'd argue much better.
Yeah it bothered me because rdr2 felt like a ps2/3 game by how rigid a lot of interactions were, animations are good though but considering how slow it is it better be.