• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I mean, neither does rdr2, and they ate that up.
I find it so wild that anybody could walk away from RDR2 and say it does 'nothing revolutionary'. Maybe if you're exclusively talking about new types of missions & combat in the open-world genre... But fuck, RDR2 seems like it's nothing BUT revolutionary ideas. The slow, meaningful pace of every interaction. The focus on side-content that rewards exploration with narrative content. The cinematic focus applied to world traversal. All bold ideas in this genre, and frankly the reason it was such a divisive experience.

Honestly, if Days Gone somehow applied some of those pacing lessons to its' open world - that'd be awesome.

azertydu91

Oct 27, 2017
I find it so wild that anybody could walk away from RDR2 and say it does 'nothing revolutionary'. Maybe if you're exclusively talking about new types of missions & combat in the open-world genre... But fuck, RDR2 seems like it's nothing BUT revolutionary ideas. The slow, meaningful pace of every interaction. The focus on side-content that rewards exploration with narrative content. The cinematic focus applied to world traversal. All bold ideas in this genre, and frankly the reason it was such a divisive experience.

Honestly, if Days Gone somehow applied some of those pacing lessons to its' open world - that'd be awesome.
I don't get it rdr2 is revolutionary because interactions are slow, there are sidequests and cinematic world traversal ?
I mean none of that is new, it may be well done but not new.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't get it rdr2 is revolutionary because interactions are slow, there are sidequests and cinematic world traversal ?
I mean none of that is new, it may be well done but not new.
I would not say the slow interactions are well done at all.

Probably the worst AAA experience I had to endure.

And I agree nothing he/she mentioned is revolutionary, many games have done that stuff, and I'd argue much better.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
I am intrigued to read the previews for this seems as the impression i was getting was a bit sub par, but being a first party sony release they tend to pull the stops out to get it good (bravo team notwithstanding).

azertydu91

Oct 27, 2017
I would not say the slow interactions are well done at all.

Probably the worst AAA experience I had to endure.

And I agree nothing he/she mentioned is revolutionary, many games have done that stuff, and I'd argue much better.
Yeah it bothered me because rdr2 felt like a ps2/3 game by how rigid a lot of interactions were, animations are good though but considering how slow it is it better be.