• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not too interested in the game but I hope it does well because the Studio Bend guys seems like such nice people.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yaaaas

I love Sony first party marketing for their big titles this gen

This preview blowout worked really well for God of War, Horizon and Spiderman.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well... I just don't see how this game could achieve what GOW and Horizon did with being games at the pinnacle of their respective genres and studios. This seems disappointing in comparison to Sony's other studios.
Lol glad to know that you played Days Gone already. I remember people saying the same thing about God of War and Horizon claiming that they wouldn't be great.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Well... I just don't see how this game could achieve what GOW and Horizon did with being games at the pinnacle of their respective genres and studios. This seems disappointing in comparison to Sony's other studios.

Those games are both masterpieces. Not every game has to be a masterpiece to be good.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game interests me the more I see of it. Any more confirmation of a 60fps mode? Can't show 60fps gameplay and say nothing about it, would be a big selling point for me.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game interests me the more I see of it. Any more confirmation of a 60fps mode? Can't show 60fps gameplay and say nothing about it, would be a big selling point for me.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe a mode with an unlocked frame rate but I'd be amazed a game pushing as many enemies as this one is gonna hit 60 fps. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I think it looks better than horizon. I liked horizon, but I didn't think it was all that. This looks more fun.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe a mode with an unlocked frame rate but I'd be amazed a game pushing as many enemies as this one is gonna hit 60 fps. I'd love to be proven wrong though!
They released a trailer awhile back that had 60fps gameplay, although it was in quieter areas. I'd love even an unlocked framerate mode. Made GoW a lot better. Just makes aiming easier IMO.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Who is expecting GoW level of critical reception though? I think people will be up for disappointment if that's what they are expecting going into, but that doesn't mean it will be bad, no publisher can publish only +90 rated games.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Silent? They've been marketing this since last year. It was on the front cover of GI and then there was all the coverage following. Then it's been playable at countless events since, leading to numerous hands ons and previews.

This might actually have the longest active marketing campaign of any Sony game I can remember. Albeit I realise it was originally supposed to release last year which is the main reason for this.

The difference here is between ip awareness and an actual marketing campaign for the game. Sony has clearly shifted into the latter imo.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone expects Days Gone to be a 90+ rated game. Horizon didn't even do that although it was very close. I think most of us who are excited for it feel it will be an 80+ rated game though and that's perfectly fine. It's the people here that are thinking this will be a low 70 or 60 something rated game like The Order that are delusional.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I don't think anyone expects Days Gone to be a 90+ rated game. Horizon didn't even do that although it was very close. I think most of us who are excited for it feel it will be an 80+ rated game though and that's perfectly fine. It's the people here that are thinking this will be a low 70 or 60 something rated game like The Order that are delusional.

I expect it to be a 90+ rated game.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
I am slowly coming around to this game and almost getting hyped for it. Really impressed with what they are doing here. Still can't get over insisting on calling Zombies "Freakers". So unimaginative and unnecessary.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I am slowly coming around to this game and almost getting hyped for it. Really impressed with what they are doing here. Still can't get over insisting on calling Zombies "Freakers". So unimaginative and unnecessary.
Its very necessary since they dont function at all like zombies .They are more mutants then anything.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War, Horizon zero dawn, Spiderman. With the exception of The order, Sony AAA exclusives have left a wake of corpses as far as people being "concerned" they won't be good

Horizon Zero Dawn was the worst and the most hilarious on release day. Days Gone "concern" is about 5% on the HZD scale.

People are more cautious these days and with good reason. They're aware that people are keeping the "receipts."