• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody know, is like the Walking Dead/Sons of Anarchy motorcycle grunge vibe popular in Japan? I wouldn't think so, but I've been surprised before about what gets huge in Japan.

Sorry if this was worded strangely.

Nov 8, 2017
A preview from PAX East. More at the link.

https://knowtechie.com/hands-on-days-gone-pax-east-2019/

Dispatching zombies in Days Gone was great fun, regardless of the manner. Stealth attacks are interesting and the crack of a bat meeting skull was glorious. Guns all had a unique feel to them and when the zombies start swarming (and believe me, they will swarm), the light machine gun feels extremely powerful as you mow down rows of the undead.

The game is beautiful. Whether you are searching a building for supplies or watching one of the cutscenes, Days Gone's visuals are some of the best I've seen on the console, especially in the zombie genre.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Game will be just fine. Won't be 90+ metacritic, but it doesn't need to. It'll still sell very well

karloxz

May 22, 2018

b059a10357aae1bc447ff21e0b5a731fo.png

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I have at least 3 friends who are casual gamers who dont roam the forums or play tons of games are all excited for days gone. I think this game will sell well

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Great to see Days Gone is still getting good impressions from people that have actually played it.

Seems like a lot of people are very wrong about the game and really shouldn't judge something before playing.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
some gameplay, interview and impressions from pax

Tell you what, the graphics have come pretty far in that horde demo. I'm seeing a lot more detail in everything especially the environments/foliage, and draw distance is definitely improved. This is going to be in the conversation for one of the best looking PS4 games. Book it.

Great to see Days Gone is still getting good impressions from people that have actually played it.

Seems like a lot of people are very wrong about the game and really shouldn't judge something before playing.
This has been the case for quite some time. Every preview event has been mostly positive. With things such as frame rate being notable problems that look to have been addressed in the most recent builds.

This GIF is going to make the rounds.

wm6P28.gif

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Played at PAX East, the game is super fun and I can't wait to platinum it. I will admit that the gunplay is just complete shit.
Yeah in the recent video the gunplay doesn't look that much improved from past builds.
It's a shame for this type of game.

Can you explain something more about your experience?

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Here are some points I wrote up from the latest issue of Edge based on their preview:

+ Positive
  • Looks really good and is a technical feat

- Negative
  • AI is braindead and doesn't pose a threat
  • Motorcycle is sluggish
  • Didn't get to take on a large horde during their preview and felt players would get bored if they didn't showcase the game's — in their words —single unique aspect right out of the gate
  • Unremarkable, full of ideas that have been done to death; like it came straight out of 2013 with grizzled dudes in caps and wife fridging
  • Promised depth with systems-driven mechanics were nowhere to be found
  • Feels like an afterthought

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Here are some points I wrote up from the latest issue of Edge based on their preview:

+ Positive

- Negative
  • Motorcycle is sluggish
  • Didn't get to take on a large horde during their preview and felt players would get bored if they didn't showcase the game's — in their words —single unique aspect right out of the gate
  • Unremarkable, full of ideas that have been done to death; like it came straight out of 2013 with grizzled dudes in caps and wife fridging
Holy shit seems like a solid 4 out of 10 from EDGE!

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. They think after the string of critical hits from Sony, this game is going to be the first stinker.
If you ignore every single other preview an impression sure?

Dont know why some of you continue to do things like that its odd.I mean I can do that too.

Here is one person that was on the negative like alot of others that change their mind.
At a recent media event, I spent more time playing the game, getting acquainted with its biker ethos, its combat mechanics, its varied environments. I found it to be a much more focused, more enjoyable game than I remember from that sorry demo almost three years ago. So much so that Days Gone is now near the top of my most-anticipated list for 2019.

In one early scene, I'm required to work my way through an abandoned motel and gas station, picking up medicine as I go. Specifically, I need a part to fix my bike. The first time I play this level, I go stealthy, sneaking around, making use of distractions by throwing stones, and supplementing my progress with a few quiet zombie takedowns. The Freakers aren't stupid, and I note their differing behavior patterns.

Then, I play the same scene again, just to try an alternative plan. I fire my weapons; I charge into melee attacks. I make lot of noise. This is much more challenging, as Freakers home in on me. They are difficult to kill en masse. But I prevail, mainly by isolating my attackers.

The combat feels slick and highly iterated, as I expect from the developer behind the much-admired Syphon Filter series of yore.
As I play through, I find myself engrossed and impressed. I've pretty much forgotten that I came to this media event expecting to be disappointed. Days Goneis one to watch. It's out for PlayStation 4 on April 26. I really didn't think I was going to say this, but I'm looking forward to it
https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/6/18252021/days-gone-ps4-preview-impressions

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll review fine and I like EDGE. They're ultra harsh on most games, well maybe not character action games but most games. Not too mention this might be one of those games that the public loves in spit of the reviews as much as a lot of "zombie" stuff can. I'd say high 70's, low 80's unless it clicks with a lot of reviewers.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

+ Positive

- Negative
  • Motorcycle is sluggish

I guess we know what to expect from Edge come reviews. I was certain they were not going to like it.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Again everyone is not going to like the game and thats fine,same with GOW same with Red Dead.

But I am not going to make assumptions of a few negative previews its pointless.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway jokes aside boys and girls we 25? Days away. Soon those days will be gone and we'll be looking for the days after

I'll leave now

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I've planned not to participate in the review thread. I'm going to play DG to completion and then take a look at what most outlets are saying.

Oct 25, 2017
Hottest first party release for the PS4 this year bless

🚶🏾‍♂️

I gotta pop my head in for bets sake but I damn sure ain't staying in the review thread

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
So, I watched some of the PAX Dev stuff and I noticed some type of "slow down" mechanic when the horde gets close to you. I don't know if this is triggered via the horde or the player but was hoping someone could say whether or not this could be disabled.

Perhaps it's turned off on higher difficulty levels? I understand why mechanics like this or the "sixth sense" in The Last of Us exist but I really can't stand them.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.