• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It's assumed you can't always reach for the stars, but even an 80+ MC would be a step back from where internal studios have (mostly) been performing in recent years. That the game is positioned as the tentpole experience for this period, comparable to what Uncharted, Horizon or God of War were in the past, only serves to deepen the disparity between what Days Gone is shaping to be, and what the publisher would want to.

This is not an indictment against DG or Bend, if it needs to be clarified. They seem to have done a nice work and, for all we know, commercial success is on the way. That being said, there's no reason to deny, all the same, that this project doesn't seem to have captivated fans and press alike, as the biggest franchises did before. I'm of the opinion DG would have been a fantastic side release, similar to Detroit for God of War, or Ratchet with Uncharted. Going alone by itself (VR and Dreams' EA aside) was probably too much pressure. In the end, it's how the schedule has come to be, so all the best for the studio.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
So, I watched some of the PAX Dev stuff and I noticed some type of "slow down" mechanic when the horde gets close to you. I don't know if this is triggered via the horde or the player but was hoping someone could say whether or not this could be disabled.

Perhaps it's turned off on higher difficulty levels? I understand why mechanics like this or the "sixth sense" in The Last of Us exist but I really can't stand them.

Thanks.

It's player triggered. You dont have to use it.

Oct 25, 2017
Basically the only first party coming this year. Congrats though, I guess.

πŸƒπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ
DOnt worry I'm sure ND and Kojima pro will bless you with a new cutscene this year
thatsnoneofmy.jpg

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I wonder if I can deactivate pre order boosters.
I just saw on PSN that pre order gives a lot of bikes upgrades and one of the aspects that I have higher expectations it's the bike management. I don't wanna be overpower from the start, specially in this aspect.
I know one can say "so just don't pre order" but I want to pre load it and play day one : (

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw on PSN that pre order gives a lot of bikes upgrades and one of the aspects that I have higher expectations it's the bike management. I don't wanna be overpower from the start, specially in this aspect.
I know one can say "so just don't pre order" but I want to pre load it and play day one : (
They upgrades right? I guess don't redeem them or download them they usually separate downloads. Ima filthy casual so naturally I'll take all the help I can get πŸ˜‚

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
MontrΓ©al, QuΓ©bec, Canada
I wonder why this game has been so divisive since the reveal.
Personally, I look forward to it now because of all the media and because I normally like Bend games and most of Sony's 1st party titles. I'm still not feeling it 100% but I never played so...

But at first, it looked too uninspired but also too similar to TLOU... As if the project started as a PS Vita side story to TLOU or something and would have later got switched to a full budget PS4 game.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Since you can customize the bike however you want I am sure you can just remove them.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
They're the only ones who said that. No one said anything remotely like that and most made points about how much better it ran and how stable it was at this point. I have no clue what they're talking about and would take that point with a huge grain of salt considering how bad they are at times with getting even simple facts right.

Yeah Giant Bomb can't be trusted with just about any info. I honestly don't understand how they can constantly be so flippant. But dear god they suck sometimes.

Dan this week just very quickly dismissed the game, "that game sucks, it's terrible" and didn't elaborate in any way. It really bothers me, knowing the devs have probably worked so passionately on the game, and someone can just dismiss it with so little care really bothers me.

I mean they literally were joking around saying "they should just cancel it" and crap like that. Just really really shitty.

At this point I just mainly listen to them for their humor, and try to ignore the rest of the stupidity.

Yeah in the recent video the gunplay doesn't look that much improved from past builds.
It's a shame for this type of game.

Can you explain something more about your experience?

So they let you play two missions, one is a story mission and the other is just defeating a horde. They make it a point to stress that the horde was "hard" difficulty. The story mission was a simply fetch quest so there isn't really much to say on it. Taking out the horde instantly makes you understand the fun behind the game. You come across this huge holding pit in the ground where hundreds of freakers are roaming and it will instantly impress. The PS4 Pro didn't really struggle to show all the zombies moving at the same time. One thing that does kill fps is explosions. The horde event allows for you to be very creative in terms of determining how you want to eliminate zombies. And even though you instantly notice the shit gun mechanics, it doesn't hamper the fun you're having. All in all, the game allows you to play how you want to and that is probably the best thing about it.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
So they let you play two missions, one is a story mission and the other is just defeating a horde. They make it a point to stress that the horde was "hard" difficulty. The story mission was a simply fetch quest so there isn't really much to say on it. Taking out the horde instantly makes you understand the fun behind the game. You come across this huge holding pit in the ground where hundreds of freakers are roaming and it will instantly impress. The PS4 Pro didn't really struggle to show all the zombies moving at the same time. One thing that does kill fps is explosions. The horde event allows for you to be very creative in terms of determining how you want to eliminate zombies. And even though you instantly notice the shit gun mechanics, it doesn't hamper the fun you're having. All in all, the game allows you to play how you want to and that is probably the best thing about it.

Thanks for sharing your impressions.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
I just played the horde mode demo at pax and had a bunch of fun. Almost took oit entire horde twice but just couldnt make it happen lol. I thought the gunplay was fine. Lots of recoil but made sense to mee with the guns I was using .

Psykodoughboy

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah Giant Bomb can't be trusted with just about any info. I honestly don't understand how they can constantly be so flippant. But dear god they suck sometimes.

Dan this week just very quickly dismissed the game, "that game sucks, it's terrible" and didn't elaborate in any way. It really bothers me, knowing the devs have probably worked so passionately on the game, and someone can just dismiss it with so little care really bothers me.

I mean they literally were joking around saying "they should just cancel it" and crap like that. Just really really shitty.

At this point I just mainly listen to them for their humor, and try to ignore the rest of the stupidity.
Didn't the Easy Allies also say the framerate was bad when they saw it.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I just played the horde mode demo at pax and had a bunch of fun. Almost took oit entire horde twice but just couldnt make it happen lol. I thought the gunplay was fine. Lots of recoil but made sense to mee with the guns I was using .
Beating all 40 hordes going to be quite the challenge I feel.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here are some points I wrote up from the latest issue of Edge based on their preview:

+ Positive
  • Looks really good and is a technical feat

- Negative
  • AI is braindead and doesn't pose a threat
  • Motorcycle is sluggish
  • Didn't get to take on a large horde during their preview and felt players would get bored if they didn't showcase the game's β€” in their words β€”single unique aspect right out of the gate
  • Unremarkable, full of ideas that have been done to death; like it came straight out of 2013 with grizzled dudes in caps and wife fridging
  • Promised depth with systems-driven mechanics were nowhere to be found
  • Feels like an afterthought
Seems about right based on everything I've seen since reveal.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The few sites/magazines that seem negative/down on the game are those I don't give two shits about so their opinions mean nothing to me. LOL.

I'm super hyped and can't wait. Playing through the next update for The Division 2 and the Legacy of the First Blade expansion for AC Odyssey just to waste time as Days Gone is my next guaranteed purchase.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Seems about right based on everything I've seen since reveal.
If I could compile all the shitposts you've made about this game it would demonstrate why you're using EDGE's negative preview as a way to validate them. An ongoing attitude like this is pure confirmation bias, when there are like 40 other previews and they're mostly positive. There are very few scathing reviews like this and it makes sense why. EDGE gets a fair few points wrong here - I mean yes they're talking about their experience with the demo but they should know that a 3 hour demo won't show exactly everything the game has in its feature set nor should it.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I could compile all the shitposts you've made about this game it would demonstrate why you're using EDGE's negative preview as a way to validate them. An ongoing attitude like this is pure confirmation bias, when there are like 40 other previews and they're mostly positive. There are very few scathing reviews like this and it makes sense why. EDGE gets a fair few points wrong here - I mean yes they're talking about their experience with the demo but they should know that a 3 hour demo won't show exactly everything the game has in its feature set nor should it.
I've barely posted about this game as ever thread is a circle jerk of the same posters refusing to hear any thing bad about it. This game has mediocrity written all over it.

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I remember Dan giving more fleshed out thoughts a few weeks ago on the beast cast. And I mean everyone is dismissive over shit they don't like

Status
Not open for further replies.