• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Although unrelated, if an open world game can look like this, I am sure TLoU II can pull off the visuals shown during last E3.

RXIzvFJ.gif
Made by almost half as many people. TLOU pt.2 is sure going to lift some heavy weights here.
They added those,its Easy,Normal and Hard.
Hard it is for me then. Noice, smort! 😎

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You sure love to hang around DG thread if you dont have interest in it. :)
I have interest in seeing how this reviews - the game hasn't grabbed me yet with anything. The horde gameplay is cool but outside of that I feel like the game is fairly generic. All of the performance issues being reported is a turnoff too.

If the game reviews well, I'll be more than happy to try it out. But at this point, I don't think it's going to be a great game from everything shown and reported thus far.

Oct 31, 2017
It's looking like HZD all over again. People thinking it's going to be mediocre based on early builds and then the final game blowing people away. I can't wait for this game to release and prove the early haters wrong. I've always had faith in Sony Bend and it's looking like they are going to deliver in a big way with this game.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea how a small team managed to create their first open world game ever and home console game in LONG YEARS using UE4 this massively and beautifully....

In one french interview a dev of Bend said the support of Sony was fantastic and the help of a studio like Guerrilla who have share some tech for the open-world with Bend really helped them for Days Gone

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have interest in seeing how this reviews - the game hasn't grabbed me yet with anything. The horde gameplay is cool but outside of that I feel like the game is fairly generic. All of the performance issues being reported is a turnoff too.

If the game reviews well, I'll be more than happy to try it out. But at this point, I don't think it's going to be a great game from everything shown and reported thus far.
So you already made up your mind based on that last paragraph. I dont see any point of bringing up the order, besides trying to derail the thread.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I heard in an interview of Bend by jeuxvideo.com that if Days Gone does well commercially, Bend will have their own mocap studio in their building (instead of using the Santa Monica's one located more than 1450km/900miles)

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

If you remove the Clickers from TLOU, that game is pretty generic by itself. What makes TLOU or Days Gone stand out is their vision/take of the zombie apocalypse. As for how Days Gone will review, I am confident it is going to score better than Dying Light (vanilla).

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bend has a better track record than Guerilla, if we forget Bubsy 3D lol.

I liked KZ2, but not 1 and 3. Then SF was terrible. I had little faith in Horizon being great but its excellent.

Bend has made some good games in the past. I liked the original Syphon Filter games, and I haven't played the PSP games but they were supposed to be great. I did play Retribution and that was a good Resistance game. I also liked Golden Abyss, it suffered from some probable launch rush issues and touch gimmicks Sony wanted in there, but I enjoyed it.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
If Bend studios pulls it off that's another quality studio in Sony's portfolio for AAA exclusives.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you remove the Clickers from TLOU, that game is pretty generic by itself. What makes TLOU or Days Gone stand out is their vision/take of the zombie apocalypse. As for how Days Gone will review, I am confident it is going to score better than Dying Light (vanilla).
Except TLOU had interesting characters and gameplay mechanics displayed immediately during trailers/demos

Not to mention it was made by a studio with a pedigree of already making great narrative driven experiences with the Uncharted series

Bend hasn't done anything of significance since Syphon Filter - the Vita Uncharted game doesn't really count considering it was portable and an IP that they most likely received direction on from Naughty Dog

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
People aren't even allowed to say a game is good when they're under embargo?

I mean...it's not like you're saying much.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it would be great for them !
Too bad the video is only in french because it gives some great insights about the development, how they do the mocap, the environment, the hordes, how each freakers is rendered, etc...

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Yea like Wtf to me dying light is easily 85.amazing game
The game had its issues at launch, including servers malfunctioning which impacted the online features. The game also lacked on content too, but after one major expansion/DLC and multiple updates, the devs added so much to the game that if it was released as it is now. The game would had fared better with gamers and critics alike.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Seems that guy is a well known brazilian youtuber and he mentioned that the game runs with patch 1.3 very smooth and fixed lots of bugs.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The game had its issues at launch, including servers malfunctioning which impacted the online features. The game also lacked on content too, but after one major expansion/DLC and multiple updates, the devs added so much to the game that if it was released as it is now. The game would had fared better with gamers and critics alike.
To be fair I bought the enhanced edition a year after release .so maybe that's why to me that score is odd

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
People aren't even allowed to say a game is good when they're under embargo?
I mean...it's not like you're saying much.
Of course but imagine, you are publisher and the game is meh/bad, you don't want to have youtubers, etc... saying it's bad/meh and not allowed to explain why ahah

Yes in the case of a game being good, it's positive but in the other side, it can kill the hype leading to the release

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, if you only play shooters, then by all means ignore it. Same goes for Days Gone.

I don't agree. Really enjoyed it. Only bad thing for me was it's replayability.
I have a strong suspicion that a linear cinematic corridor shooter (the order) plays a little different than an open world survival game

Oct 25, 2017
The order and no mans sky will be brought up til the end of time(funny enough the former did NOT have glowing previews in fact they were hella mixed plz go back and read em) stop taking the bait.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Kotaku's footage now. To be honest, it's looking a bit bland to me, but I'm sure certain people will like it.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I wish people would stop using the word generic unironically. It keeps cropping up and it's no joke. I mean has anyone yet actually described what they mean by it? I don't think so. The same description could apply to a whole bunch of great games released over the past decade.

Can't wait for the delicious review thread. After some of these story impressions, could John Garvin gonna be a new superstar of the WWS?

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Watching Arekkz's 30 minutes of gameplay and for anyone that knows, can you turn off the "survival hints" that pop up during gameplay? Also, can you turn off the "sound meter icon" and "eye vision icon" that's located next to the mini-map? Thanks.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok didn't say it did or didn't I'm confused why you keep bringing up the order. Are you gonna do that when tlou2 previews roll in? How about death stranding? Ghosts? I doubt it
I have every right to scrutinize previews of a new IP from an unproven studio

You just mentioned 3 games that are being made by some of the best developers in the industry - the former being a sequel to one of the best games of last gen. Not to mention TLOU2 has already had a great showing, same with Ghosts.

I was critical of the Death Stranding trailer/gameplay shown last E3 - I thought the game looked very rough and shouldn't have been shown to the public yet

Status
Not open for further replies.