• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Days Gone do on Metacritic/Opencritic?

• 95 or above

Votes: 17 0.8%
  • 91-95

Votes: 43 1.9%
  • 86-90

Votes: 364 16.2%
  • 81-85

Votes: 1,045 46.5%
  • 76-80

Votes: 563 25.0%
  • 75 or below

Votes: 217 9.6%

• Total voters

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
I hope I'm wrong, but everything I've seen, read, and heard about the game (including gameplay footage) exudes high-60s/low-70s. It just seems like the game is lacking a really strong hook in both gameplay and narrative.

Like I said, I hope Bend proves me wrong!

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
Good!
I have it pre-ordered and i am keeping myself from reading and watching more about the game. I want to dive into it without knowing more about the mechanics and the systems in place.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne is a 1st party game, owned by Sony and is an exclusive. It's a 1st party exclusive.

Sorry, the more accurate way to state it would be that Bloodborne was an exclusive developed for Sony by a 3rd party studio, not a 1st party studio like Days Gone. Somebody at some point before Detroit Become Human launched said that it was more the practice for Sony to have exclusives developed by 3rd party studios have their review embargo lift right before, but this is a 1st party studio developed exclusive in this case.

Regardless I suspect it may score around the low 80s or so, and I may grab it on the cheap later down the road for a quick playthrough when I can ever get breathing room from my backlog.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I hadn't seen a single advert. Compare to the last big Sony first-party title (Marvel's Spider-Man), where I was inundated with public billboards and YouTube ads for weeks prior to launch. The marketing campaign was enormous. Granted, Spider-Man is far more high profile than an original IP, but still.

Having said that, though, I made this post on a public computer that is probably tracking my data; and, immediately thereafter, was served with a Days Gone video ad. So they do exist, lol. I'm just not seeing them at all.

Oddly enough, I've seen the ads playing on ESPN (big time sports channel).

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
So you are saying I should get this game? Riding a bike in an open world is surely a big plus in my book.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne isn't a first-party title until dawn scored a 78 metacritic Spider-Man was three days which is still decent.

I expect it's going to be around in 80
Bloodborne absolutely is a first-party exclusive. Sony owns the IP and Japan Studio played a big part in the development for that game.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony published Bloodborne so they set the embargo for it. I forgot Until Dawn was that low since it's one of my favorite games this gen.

Wouldn't that make it and Spidey a 2nd party game? Either way I'm sure it will be better than State of Decay 2.

Bloodborne absolutely is a first-party exclusive. Sony owns the IP and Japan Studio played a big part in the development for that game.
That's a FROM game more than anything.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I am not saying "Days Gone is going to be a bad game", just that the earlier the embargo usually means there is higher confidence in the game from the publisher

Even your edit is garbage. This has no bearing on anything. And you have no data to back this up. Breath of the Wild's review embargo was the day before. God of War was a week before, etc., etc. It holds no bearing as there are many examples on either side. It's basically a non-starter but of course you came in looking to spew garbage so you attempted to turn it into something.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
With recent reviews of different games, I will go with 78

I'm sure some reviewers will play with a strong bias and it will be harsh unfortunately

Oct 27, 2017
This will get tons of use when the game comes out:
wm6P28.gif

Especially in that game bombing thread.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I hadn't seen a single advert. Compare to the last big Sony first-party title (Marvel's Spider-Man), where I was inundated with public billboards and YouTube ads for weeks prior to launch. The marketing campaign was enormous. Granted, Spider-Man is far more high profile than an original IP, but still.

Having said that, though, I made this post on a public computer that is probably tracking my data; and, immediately thereafter, was served with a Days Gone video ad. So they do exist, lol. I'm just not seeing them at all.
Spider-Man is one of the biggest media franchises ever, though. Sony knew it was an easy sale - they just had to inform people the game existed.

Days Gone is an original IP, and thus a harder sell by definition. It also doesn't have a major legacy developer that they can lean on to sell the game's credibility. It's very understandable that they're not doing a Spider-Man scale marketing spend out of the gate.

My guess is that if it reviews even moderately well, Sony pushes plenty of 'critical acclaim' spots that focus on the praise.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't all that interested in this but the media shown has actually piqued my interest.

It'll be Day One assuming I can tear myself away from MK11.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
I don't want to derail the subject but that's second party since they're an independent developer.
2nd party is not an industry term. If you own the IP then it is a first party IP even though it is developed by a 3rd party studio. 2nd party is just what gamers use to call said studios colloquially but it is not an official term.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tough one, but I really do think this is going to be a critical flop, while still selling moderately well

I've really haven't seen many good impressions and from what I've seen, and my hunch, tells me this just is going to be a dud that will get carried by initial hype

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Over 50% of voters think Days Gone is going to average out somewhere between 81-85?

giphy.gif

Optimistic. You'll ask why God deserted you when Edge drops that 5 and brings the Meta toppling down like a house of cards.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
2nd party is not an industry term. If you own the IP then it is a first party IP even though it is developed by a 3rd party studio. 2nd party is just what gamers use to call said studios colloquially but it is not an official term.

See this is news to me and I genuinely appreciate the edification.

I thought '2nd Party' was a real thing.