• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
70s is a... good score but honestly after 6 years and pedigree of Sony it's a big let down. I saw this coming a mile away. You can't just make a game this generic, this by the numbers and expect scores in the 80s anymore. It didn't work in 2014 when The Order did and it certain won't work now. Even Ubisoft has moved away from this sort of game design, come on its not 2009 anymore.
The Order was a totally different ball game. It was way too short and didn't havet enough gameplay segments for such a short game.
Days Gone is a nice game and got made by a small team, which was slowly becoming a AAA dev house. I say that's pretty good :)

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks for Sony Bend since it will impact sales and also consumer's, media's and Sony's confidence in the studio. Still looks fun to me. Many of my favorite games this gen are open world games with a non-stellar reviews and a bit of mediocre bloat like Sunset Overdrive, Gravity Rush 2 and Dead Rising 3. I even enjoyed Crackdown 3 and ReCore. Hope I will enjoy it and that it does well enough to keep Sony Bend alive.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, everything I saw from the trailers and gameplay looked generic and bland.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Sounds like a standard Ubisoft-like open world game with zombies. With all the technial issues there is no reason to buy this now. Really disappointing to hear. Honestly i don't understand people who pays full price for a game they know will probably be fixed in a month or two.

It's a deep, deep sale for me. Deep enough that i wont regret not finishing the game.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
that sucks. its baffling to me that they didn't start dev with making shooting feel great and a good gore system (a boring ragdoll ain't gonna cut it hon, when your competing against l4d, dying light, world war z, all with very satisying shooting). i mean take fun combat add co-op, other stuff like weak writing etc can be forgiven a bit.

tldr: sony take a page from nintendo or gameplay focused devs and whitebox some environments and start with compelling mechanics before anything else.

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
There are some crazy overreactions in this thread. The game's entertaining; it never, ever looked like some Game of the Year winning magnum opus. It's exactly what the Metacritic of 71 suggests it is: good, honest open world entertainment.

Like I wrote in my review, it's gaming comfort food: unremarkable but enjoyable all the same.

Someone who played this game vs. someone who doesn't. Which one to trust?

Such as? I mentioned the Order because we had a thread about it recently.

Not really. I don't care about the number, the criticism are pretty big. Narrative is meh and it plays like shit, but people somehow will find a way to make it an underrated game because they where so hyped about it. I don't like the world but fanboys comes to mind.
E

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Personal attacks against other members and backseat modding
Kinda bullshit that you got a warning for this post.

You can't call out people essentially doing free astroturfing and PR? Really? After all the thread and the post and the deflections? And not just with this game either.

I don't get why that's ok because in all those PR hype threads LoudNinja posted any negative decision was frowned upon for no reasons and the mods gave no warnings.

🚮

I agree, this happens quite often and i see no warning as well for those people.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
7 is a decent score is it not? Not every game has to score highly to be enjoyable though. Will pre order now.

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Well it always looked like a low to middle 70 game so it's not surprising (the hype the last few days kinda got to me though). Will probably drop to under 70 on Metacritic though. I would guess 3-4/10 from Edge.
Still looking forward to tomorrow, looks like a good time.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
There is always a risk of this backfiring. Feels like Sony put the cart before the horse here.
Again, not backfiring, it's just that they'll always market their games lol. I don't think Sony was necessarily delusional as to how good the game was, but it's still a game they're spending development money on, so they're going to market it. Just like how every bad movie still gets marketed the same as every good one

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Worth Playing 8/10
Even with all the promotion we're seeing now, Days Gone still carries the aura of a title that could be miscast and possibly overlooked at a glance, like it was for me a few years ago. You don't know until you play, and this stands as one the more pleasant and satisfying surprises of the year for me. It's been a long road to this game, but the ride is worth it.
https://worthplaying.com/article/2019/4/25/reviews/113991/

GamePlanet 7.5
Days Gone is an ambitious new IP that borrows heavily from its influences. It still maintains its own identity and features some genuinely fun gameplay. It's unfortunately held back by countless technical issues, but if you're willing to tolerate these, the moment to moment gameplay is enjoyable. While there's nothing revolutionary about the game, it's worth a go if you're a zombie fan.
https://www.gameplanet.com.au/playstation-4/reviews/g5cbe508baec93/Days-Gone-Review/

Dark Station 4/5
Based on all of the trailers released before I got my hands on Days Gone, I really questioned whether or not there would be any new on offer or if it would end up as just another property trying to provide those Walking Dead moments of either gratuitous violence or unneeded sadness. What I played instead was a game that wanted to push past the darkness with its characters and see if there was anything left for humanity to live for beyond just surviving. Yes, it still provides that violence that only a post-apocalypse seems capable of, and the tech behind the writhing mass of freaker bodies in a charging horde was enough to cause me to put down my controller a few times because they "got me," but it all adds up to something that feels substantially more human than not. I would love to eventually see us move past these truly macho stereotypes when it comes to characters like bikers or soldiers, but I am happy with where these days eventually end.
https://www.darkstation.com/reviews/days-gone-review

3DJuegos 7.5
https://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/analisis/25964/0/days-gone/

Atomix 8/10
https://atomix.vg/review-days-gone/

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I still hope it will end up selling well enough for the devs' sake.

I mean Anthem, Jump Force and Fallout 76 still sold a lot even though they reviewed so badly lol

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
But all the loudninja threads...... Bundy's excitement.... where did all go so wrong..

Mannn I'm not sure why you got pinned with a warning for bringing up something that many people have been clamoring in this thread to openly discuss and that's how to mitigate how much fluff is put out in the wild to overtly hype up certain threads and shun those that have valid criticisms and then wonder why Review Threads go to hell in a handbasket because a reckoning is being meted out.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
CD3_banner_copy.png

rip

Edit: just to be clear I didn't make the banner, just copied it from the updated OP

Last edited:

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I thought the game looked great in previews and was certainly expecting a higher average score. I don't quite understand the "what did you expect" comments, I think the surprise is justified, at least to some extent.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Just got home to my game on the doorstep, printed and slapped a return sticker and sent it back already. After having watched 2 reviews and reading 3 (of varying scores) I've decided my time and money is better off spent on other games. I've still got DMCV to play...

Oct 27, 2017
This is the problem when people on this site run full fucking free PR campaigns for games and studios and let their hype get wildly out of control. We get the usual faces posting multiple upon multiple threads pulled from the official PlayStation site/blog with no thoughts of their own, just copy and pasted videos. We got a hype thread with people discussing the glowing previews. It happens all the time but it's overlooked because it's strangely the norm. It's no wonder people expect the world and then feel let down when a game just turns out to be average to good.

I'll be picking this up in a few months with a heavy discount no doubt. The horde mechanic looks great, sadly it seems like it's not used enough.
The problem isn't the hype-mongers. The problem is when the hype-mongers dogpile anyone who dares have a contrary opinion. Love the game you never played all you want, but don't presume to tell someone else their opinion of a game they also never played is wrong simply because it isn't a glowing review.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Was semi excited to get the game, but considering that I didn't even finish RDR2, I think its better for me to wait until this game drops to below 30€.
A score in the 70s isn't bad, but it certainly points towards the game not having universal appeal and as someone who already struggles with most open world game, I think this is just not for me.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Such a weird thing to say since Sucker Punch is a proven and reliable studio for Sony for three generations now.

GoT won't make nor break Sucker Punch.
Their highest rated game in a decade is inFamous on PS3 and its 85. Their last major release on PS4 was an 80.

Bend's Uncharted was also an 80.

GoT will review like Horizon hopefully. Nothing about GoT screams generic like it did with Days Gone.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda bullshit that you got a warning for this post.

You can't call out people essentially doing free astroturfing and PR? Really? After all the thread and the post and the deflections? And not just with this game either.

I don't get why that's ok because in all those PR hype threads LoudNinja posted any negative discussion was frowned upon for no reasons and the mods gave no warnings.

🚮
Still coming at me with this shit some of you have issues.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
was never interested in the game but I hope Bend studio survives this and can bounce back. Hopefully Shuhei Yoshida doesn't do to Bend what he did to Evolution Studios.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I'm low on things to play so I was really hoping this would be good. Thank God I listened to reason and didnt pre-order. The scores I don't mind but nothing's worse than an open world with tedious, repetitive missions.

Pretty much my exact situation too. Might pick it up when it's on sale and has been patched.