• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
You should check your sources
i'm talking about just this thread. look on page 73
Some people are doing this all the time. Calling Spider-Man, Death Stranding or Until Dawn "not 1st party" because they weren't developed by a Sony-owned studio. Makes no sense. Looks like they don't understand what 1st party means.
but if it's wrong, then it's wrong. people need to stop spreading misinformation.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all over here talking about crackdown 3 and SOMEHOW squeezed BOTW into a Days Gone review thread. Thassss crazy

Any ERA genuine impressions? Still might say f it and get it digitally since it's payday tomorrow.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
One of the devs talked about a horde with a size of 500 freakers in one of the videos that dropped on the PlayStation YouTube channel this week, so it's safe to assume that still exists. Might be a story only thing though.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I just roll my eyes to the length people go to convince others that 7/10 is a bad game now. You can clearly feel some people were waiting for an average 6/10 rating or worse, but it didn't happen. So now they're going the 7/10 is bad & Bend Studio may close path.

Days Gone is not a Naughty Dog masterpiece and that's fine. It's a solid 7 single player game going from what I have played so far and an upcoming million seller. Both Bend and SIE will be satisfied. Cheers.
Driveclub was a 71 meta and was a multi-million seller.

Bend might be satisfied, but I don't about SIE...
(No, not concern trolling, it's just that there's reason and precedent to legitimately be worried. I hope nothing happens to Bend, and that they're able to make a another new IP or something after this)

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has all the sophistication of a 13 year old's of interpretation of intimacy/sexuality.

It has nothing to do with being a prude.

That clip is cringe af.
They are bikers. The main character is wearing his fucking biker getup to his wedding. They aren't going for sophistication here.

I mean I've seen bikers literally having sex in a public park. I'm not saying that's something all bikers do, but like...biker culture isn't exactly known for sophistication or subtlety, both for men and women who participate in it. Given that context I think the line works, in the sense that it's a real thing a biker chick would say while eloping with her biker boyfriend.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Sony have multiple first party studios trying to do the same thing. They need to be saying look, we have ND on narrative driven games, we need something else from you.

Six years to make similar to what they already have seems a waste

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Patrick Klepek's "20 Hours In" write-up via Waypoint is a real gut-punch, in terms of things I was worried about in general about it. It's like a checklist of the worst design shortcomings you could make in a game like this.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
They said months ago that they took the choice system out of the game pretty much because it didn't seem to work well. This isn't news.
And downgraded visually doesn't make sense to me at all. To me the latest footage shows the delay actually helped the lighting and forest environments look better and sharper than they did before.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
GT Sport was at 3.2 M worldwide digital included in May last year. If you think it has sold past 2M and overtook GT6 in the last 11 months I think you're way off but don't present it as factual.
Saying 7.5M "players" means nothing really.

Also when you say in less than a 1.5 year, PS3 software was past its goodbyes when GT6 launched while GT Sport wad released during the console's peak
It means quite a lot actually. It's not on PS Now or been offered on Plus. Obviously players doesn't mean sold but it's not given any advantages over other PS4 games and has popped up on EU lists quite a bit since launch. The player count keeps going up too, so obviously it's still selling not just being lent out. There's even a guy who has counted unique profiles on GTS that also help give an idea of where it's at. This also does not mean sold but you're acting like players will be astronomically higher while given what we know it's most likely not. I did use the wrong wording and meant probably either ahead or on par. You presented things as fact by saying it will sell significantly less than GT6. In this case the difference between sold and players is probably closer to the difference between sold and shipped with traditional figures. When games keep shipping it's because they are selling, when games player count goes up sand not offered on a subscription service it's because it's selling.

Your last point has nothing to do with this. You can bring up MANY differences between the two, not what I was talking about nor do I care because that wasn't the content of the original post I quoted.

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony have multiple first party studios trying to do the same thing. They need to be saying look, we have ND on narrative driven games, we need something else from you.

Six years to make similar to what they already have seems a waste
They do what they do best. 3rd person singleplayer games. The studios decide what they wanna do next.
If you don't like these games, go after Astro Bot, Dreams, MLB The Show 19, Gran Turismo Sport, or Everybody's Golf.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Oh... well, if you found The Order "fantastic" I guess you won't have ANY issue in finding Days Gone "fantastic" too.

(or any other game out there, actually ;) )
I and lots of others loved The order. Havnt tried days gone yet but hoping it's good also. Not everyone fits Into your box of what a good game is.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Ouch, this one is savage. Score so far is a little bit lower than I expected it to be.

It's not an uncommon take, either. It seems like a bad mix of not being great compared to similar games generally, but also being presented right next to the same publisher's own particularly impressive zombie game. From the Waypoint semi-review:

But after more than 20 hours roaming Sony's unnecessarily sprawling and achingly misguided open world zombie game, I'm numb. I don't know why this game exists. It's a hodgepodge bucket list of Stuff You Expect in Open World Games, half-baked ideas executed better elsewhere—several in another game published by Sony, Naughty Dog's The Last of Us—and a failed morality tale whose emotional stakes are constantly undermined.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I mean I've seen bikers literally having sex in a public park. I'm not saying that's something all bikers do, but like...biker culture isn't exactly known for sophistication or subtlety, both for men and women who participate in it. Given that context I think the line works, in the sense that it's a real thing a biker chick would say while eloping with her biker boyfriend.

OK I gotta know where this was happening. Need to know where the public parks to hid-- avoid. I need to know where the public parks to avoid are.

To those saying that you can't trust what Brian from PS4 Trophies said about certain reviews:

Sorry, who's this now

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, who's this now
You don't know Dan?! He isn't just some random guy. Dan is a great guy who makes YouTube videos about games. I'd certainly trust him over people like that girl from Gamespot who wants to throw her political beliefs into the mix.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK I gotta know where this was happening. Need to know where the public parks to hid-- avoid. I need to know where the public parks to avoid are.

Sorry, who's this now
Yet another reviewer. Since people seem to want to act like it was only Brian who felt that way and b/c he works for PS4 Trophies you can't trust him apparently. Nmv the other reviewers who loved the story as well.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
You don't know Dan?! He isn't just some random guy. Dan is a great guy who makes YouTube videos about games. I'd certainly trust him over people like that girl from Gamespot who wants to throw her political beliefs into the mix.

You're right, now that I've seen what a youtuber has to say about this game, I'm convinced that the protagonist of this game is someone who develops in an interesting way and shows deep growth, especially emotional and moral growth. I know for sure that I'm going to put this right next to my copy of YIIK!

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're right, now that I've seen what a youtuber has to say about this game, I'm convinced that the protagonist of this game is someone who develops in an interesting way and shows deep growth, especially emotional and moral growth. I know for sure that I'm going to put this right next to my copy of YIIK!
I'm actually poking fun at a different post - https://www.resetera.com/threads/days-gone-review-thread-see-staff-post.113474/page-74#post-20194173

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The horde size feels smaller than the reveal demo. Has anyone encountered significantly large hordes yet?
Yes. Beat one with 500 enemies. There are definitely huge hordes in the game and they're all there on screen. Some of their bodies can disappear after they sit there for a while, though, they don't just stay there forever.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They just showed the sawmill on the livestream, the horde was definitely there.
Yeah I've beat it a few times now. The first time I beat it I ran through the area picking up the trophies and it said around +400 freaker ears, then there were a few scattered around the grounds as well. So I think that one is 500

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Dang where'd that guy we were talking to go anyway. Is he off to find a third twitter account that agrees with him? Sure is taking a while

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
Do you think that the lukewarm reviews might help to strengthen the chances of TLOU2 releasing by Christmas since it would no longer mean a top shelf zombie game competing against another top shelf zombie game in the same year?

I honestly don't think there's anything that's gonna hurt the sales of TLOU2. I don't think there's people that would skip it because they already are playing a different zombie game, and I don't think Sony would change the date for the release of TLOU2 due to another games performance. Naughty Dog games are in a class of their own. I think it'll be out as soon as it's ready.