• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While Days Gone is lower than some expected the people here saying that it is Crackdown 3 levels are talking nonsense. The game has FAR more positive scores on Metacritic right now than Mixed/Negative. Games like Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, The Order and State of Decay 2 were mostly mixed/negative. Days Gone if anything has some bigger sites dragging the score down as the Positive bar is far higher than everything else.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Was definitely hoping for better scores overall, but I'm still going to pick it up tomorrow. I really enjoyed similarly-rated open world games like Mad Max (72) and Mafia III (68) despite their flaws, so I'm hopeful that will be the case here.

Fingers crossed.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Picking mine up at 9 pm tonight and I can't wait!! Never cared about reviews before and I'm not going to start now. Hell, Darskiders 3 was one of my favorite games last year and we know how that scored lol. If you've already been looking forward to this (especially as long as I have), trust your gut, not some numbers on a website.

Btw this thread is hilarious, I love it.

Last edited:

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get why that's ok because in all those PR hype threads LoudNinja posted any negative discussion was frowned upon for no reasons and the mods gave no warnings.

🚮

It is annoying when people jump into hype threads just to shit on a game though.

Here we are and the game is totally mediocre. No need to gloat, people are probably feeling a bit low right now.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Vinny from GB is actually enjoying this game...

so, are they jaded or no? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CD3_banner_copy.png

rip
DEAD

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
There isn't much debate to me. Eventually every game goes down in price and it's worth taking a look, as long as you're interested. I don't care enough about it to pay over 60€, but I'll certainly be there when it's discounted. What I see and read now is what doesn't make the value proposition good enough (again, to me), whoever feels differently, should buy it with no need to overthink it.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not far off my expectation. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the repetitive mission design. But I can live with that.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
When major review sources are giving it 5-6.5 I'm going to go by that. And yes, a 7.2 metacritic for a major AAA title is still bad.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
The sooner the forum stops giving a fuck about reviews and metacritic the better.

Days gone will sell like Ghost Recon Wildlands, State Of Decay, Sea of thieves sold, enough to be very successful

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I don't understand why some people are just dead set on liking the game no matter what. To the point that they can't allow a single word against the game to go unchallenged. And are basically carrying water for Sony's marketing department at this point.

It just baffles me.

I'm seeing way more people here label this a "bad game" because it's in the 70s.

It's a shame Bend couldn't hit it out the park on their first try, but let's not be hyperbolic about it. What we have here is simply a standard open world that could be enjoyable based on one's genre tastes.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I feel like that Metacritic should have been expected? This game looked generic and just alright from the start.
7/10 is not a bad game btw so chill

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Dying Light is in the 70s. Could've swore that was in the 80s when I checked the reviews years ago lol

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the problem when people on this site run full fucking free PR campaigns for games and studios and let their hype get wildly out of control. We get the usual faces posting multiple upon multiple threads pulled from the official PlayStation site/blog with no thoughts of their own, just copy and pasted videos. We got a hype thread with people discussing the glowing previews. It happens all the time but it's overlooked because it's strangely the norm. It's no wonder people expect the world and then feel let down when a game just turns out to be average to good.

I'll be picking this up in a few months with a heavy discount no doubt. The horde mechanic looks great, sadly it seems like it's not used enough.

Here's hoping the hype train moves towards advertising Dreams. That game actually deserves it.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
If nothing else, it's comforting to see Sony is not infallible. Days Gone will do fine, Bend will have a belter for the PS5.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
The sooner the forum stops giving a fuck about reviews and metacritic the better.

Days gone will sell like Ghost Recon Wildlands, State Of Decay, Sea of thieves sold, enough to be very successful
I'm mainly going by the gameplay I watched which looked boring and repetitive. The reviews just confirmed what I already thought.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't you people lay of Loud Ninja? Seriously what is wrong with you people?

The man was and is excited about the game, thus he made a lot of threads about it. I apperciate those and the same goes to other people.

Also just posting one liners about games on every thread (even though you said you aren't interested each time) is considered shit posting. If you were one of those people that criticised the game fairly and explained what you meant if asked yet was treated with hostility then you are right. If you were one of those that posted a one liner then left the thread when asked to explain then it is shit posting.

Damn.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll pick it up down the line maybe. It's not the zombies that scare me, it's the open world tedium that will have me turning the game off well before I finish it. Never even finished Spider-man because of that boring game design ubisoft has popularized.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Buried deep below all this talk about "7/10", "mediocrity" and it just being an "okay" game instead of a bad one, i honestly think some reviewers might have been too much generous with the technical part of the game...

This part of the Easy Allies preview shows the ugly of Days Gone pretty well (timestamped):

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
How does reviews of this compare with other zombie titles ? I read somewhere in this thread dying light got 7s and for me it was awesome
Honestly, I think Days Gone is a much better game than Dying Light in broad terms. But the lack of co-op makes the comparison a bit iffy, because most of the fun I had from Dying Light was because it had co-op.

If Days Gone (and particularly the horde battles) had co-op, I feel like the whole conversation would've ended up a lot different from what it is. I hope they get to make a sequel with co-op in.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
The scores Days Gone is getting are generous, from what I've seen.

Endless bugs, joyless gameplay, deeply repetitive.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I'm seeing way more people here label this a "bad game" because it's in the 70s.

It's a shame Bend couldn't hit it out the park on their first try, but let's not be hyperbolic about it. What we have here is simply a standard open world that could be enjoyable based on one's genre tastes.
I think its more that a lot of users have been dog piling on anyone who calls the game generic- or boring-looking, and now that its out and professional reviewers are calling game generic and boring, some of those same users are just wagon circling and refusing to admit that anything at all could possibly have gone wrong. Its weird but I guess not unexpected.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we've all been there at some point. Unreasonably hyped about a game when all signs point to it being mediocre. Happened to me with We Happy Few last year. Hopefully this is a good learning experience for others - when the game doesn't seem all the way there in previews, trust your gut. You'll be right more often than you'll be wrong.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
This is the problem when people on this site run full fucking free PR campaigns for games and studios and let their hype get wildly out of control. We get the usual faces posting multiple upon multiple threads pulled from the official PlayStation site/blog with no thoughts of their own, just copy and pasted videos. We got a hype thread with people discussing the glowing previews. It happens all the time but it's overlooked because it's strangely the norm. It's no wonder people expect the world and then feel let down when a game just turns out to be average to good.

I'll be picking this up in a few months with a heavy discount no doubt. The horde mechanic looks great, sadly it seems like it's not used enough.
People having fun and being excited about a game is a serious problem

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Sony Bend's output, they've always seemed not quite to the standard of a lot of Sony's other first part output, but I hoped that this could be a breakout for them. I was worried though as nothing about the previews really drew me in, but I didn't expect it to be reviewed this low. Reviews aren't end all, be all, but this score isn't helping anything.