• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Still coming at me with this shit some of you have issues.
You know you're doing something right when you got people hanging to your nuts & hating on you randomly when you haven't even done anything to offend. Keep doing you Loudninja & ignore the obvious haters/trolls. Them clowns ain't worth your time.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The only reviews I care about are EasyAllies and EDGE. 7.5 from EasyAllies is the end of the story for me.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Can't you people lay of Loud Ninja? Seriously what is wrong with you people?

The man was and is excited about the game, thus he made a lot of threads about it. I apperciate those and the same goes to other people.

Also just posting one liners about games on every thread (even though you said you aren't interested each time) is considered shit posting. If you were one of those people that criticised the game fairly and explained what you meant if asked yet was treated with hostility then you are right. If you were one of those that posted a one liner then left the thread when asked to explain then it is shit posting.

Damn.
Calm down bro, reviews aren't everything. If you like the game then that's all that matters.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
A 7 is not bad. I think this is a weird case of crappy double standards for some people here.

Nonsense. Obviously no one aims for a 7, but the narrative that a 7 can't be enjoyable is dog shit.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder--Horizon Zero Dawn was made by the same studio who made Killzone Shadow Fall. This might be Bend's Shadow Fall.

Ghost of Tsushima is next and they(Sucker punch) are doubly fucked as Sekiro is already out.
This post right here is an example of just how toxic and pathetic things can get out here on Era. Predicting game failures is a really twisted way of looking at things.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
It is annoying when people jump into hype threads just to shit on a game though.

Here we are and the game is totally mediocre. No need to gloat, people are probably feeling a bit low right now.

I've said this a million times, but forums are for discussion. I'm a huge sony fan, but I'm not going to say every game looks incredible blindly. I got dog piled over and over again when calling out a lot of glaring issues with The Order 1886 up to launch. Negative/mediocre previews, lack of variety in footage, etc. People quickly write it off as concern trolling or being a console warrior.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am also surprised that Dying Light is at 74 MC

Everyone seems to love it and consider it peak zombie game

Maybe zombies have a MC limit? :P

State of Decay and Dead Rising are also in the 70s iirc

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I wish people stop doing this its annoying like people cant be excited for a game here.

Don't let the people calling you out get to you or whatever, its great to see people excited for a game.

Never was interested in this but odd to see it so divided. Game will still sell well due to marketing. But man does it just look uninspired.

Oct 27, 2017
CD3_banner_copy.png

Holy shit, that is hilarious

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The technical issues are what I find particularly disconcerting. I don't mind playing games in the 7's (or lower) but if the game is a buggy mess no thanks.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That banner is savagery.

Just seems like an average game, got less than I thought it would and major sites that I trust are the ones ripping it apart. It's literally websites I haven't really heard of that are hitting with the 8.5 and 9's

If it's technically a mess then it deserves to get some flack for it.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like Sony kinda pushed this game out the door so they can start talking about last of us 2 in earnest.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing other members
I wish people stop doing this its annoying like people cant be excited for a game here.

If you spend all that time hyping a game, talk about any positive coverage and downplaying any negative, and saying that people are going to 'eat crow' in the review thread you should probably expect to eat some of your own if those reviews don't go your way.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Reminder--Horizon Zero Dawn was made by the same studio who made Killzone Shadow Fall. This might be Bend's Shadow Fall.
The difference is that Bend has made nothing but Shadow Falls. They've never had a truly great title under their belt, and it was always strange that people expected them to knock it out of the park once given a bigger budget.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand why some people are just dead set on liking the game no matter what. To the point that they can't allow a single word against the game to go unchallenged. And are basically carrying water for Sony's marketing department at this point.

It just baffles me.

I can only speak for myself, but scores genuinely do not matter when we're discussing . With that said when I see a game that I am heavily hyped get amazing reviews
it does give me a bit of vindication like "yes! I knew this game was going to be amazing".
Why is Crackdown 3 being mentioned in this thread more than Days Gone?

Smh

Because people cannot simply discuss the game and give valid points as to why it may/may not be for them. It always has to be a comparison for the sake of stirring up console war bullshit.

"Looks like sony found their Crackdown, amirite guys!!!"

"So basically this Sea of Thieves but with a motorcycle,LULZZZ"

It's really annoying and sad to think that people genuinely gain satisfaction from making such statements, but such is gaming forums.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
If you spend all that time hyping a game, talk about any positive coverage and downplaying any negative, and saying that people are going to 'eat crow' in the review thread you should probably expect to eat some of your own if those reviews don't go your way.
Huh I never once said anything by anyone eating crow so again stop coming at me with this bullshit.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buried deep below all this talk about "7/10", "mediocrity" and it just being an "okay" game instead of a bad one, i honestly think some reviewers might have been too much generous with the technical part of the game...

This part of the Easy Allies preview shows the ugly of Days Gone pretty well (timestamped):

yeah it definitely doesn't seem to have the polish of other sony games.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I was expecting it to get high 7 and low 8, but it seems I missed it by a bit. I actually thought it would get better scores going by some of the early impression, but oh well. A 73 score isn't bad at all IMO.

Still though, the game seems to be what I was expecting. An open world zombie game with some jank, but this is basically the TWD game I've wanted for some time.

Expected this thread to go to shit no matter the metascore. Seriously, some of you guys are pathetic (I mean the guys attacking loudninja).

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: platform wars
Looks like it'll fit right in with Microsoft's exclusive games portfolio.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we've all been there at some point. Unreasonably hyped about a game when all signs point to it being mediocre. Happened to me with We Happy Few last year. Hopefully this is a good learning experience for others - when the game doesn't seem all the way there in previews, trust your gut. You'll be right more often than you'll be wrong.

I've observed that basically whenever there's a large contingent of users who sense stink in an upcoming first party game and get shouted down in hype threads they turn out to be right.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How does reviews of this compare with other zombie titles ? I read somewhere in this thread dying light got 7s and for me it was awesome
  • The Last of Us R - 95
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake - 90
  • Resident Evil 7 - 86
  • Resident Evil 4 R - 82
  • Dying Light - 74
  • Days Gone - 72
  • Resident Evil 5 R - 69
  • State of Decay 2 - 66
  • World War Z - 65
  • Dead Island: DC - 63
  • Resident Evil 6 R - 60
  • 7 Days to Die - 45

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize the game had a troubled development like the reviews suggest. Was never really interested but seemed like things were progressing normally, but maybe I missed something.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Gotta admit though, it was silly of Sony to green light a project, that's so similar to TLOU, Horizon etc.