• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
72 MC is an average score. Buy on sale unless you know what you're getting into.
Not quite on the basement level of 55 MC Anthem or 60 MC Crackdown 3 this year.

Days Gone will perform fine due to its genre mix so it will be interesting to see what Sony Bend is capable of doing a second time around on better hardware.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i was just speculating. that they removed it in order to define deacon's character works for me. actually, imo, inserting a choice system into a game with a predefined protagonist (rather than one you create yourself), as they did with red dead redemption 2, can sometimes just as easily hurt the over-all experience (by creating dissonance) more than it helps :) ...
Ah OK. I always thought it was a silly thing to have when they talked about it was a feature however long ago. Just seemed like it was going to be something that they had just to have.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the setup and payoff to the whole proving trial Aloy had to go through, including the bigotry she faced and overcame, it was genuinely engaging and fun at that point.

But after she set out the rest of the game just fell flat to me.
Honestly that's how I felt. It started off kind of interesting then when the reason for setting out happened it felt like it replaced everything that could have been interesting with much more standard stuff.
i was just speculating. that they removed it in order to define deacon's character works for me. actually, imo, inserting a choice system into a game with a predefined protagonist (rather than one you create yourself), as they did with red dead redemption 2, can sometimes just as easily hurt the over-all experience (by creating dissonance) more than it helps :) ...
I agree that having a choice system with a predefined character can often hurt an experience.

Vroadstar

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's consoles wars in a nutshell.

Loud minorities in this community and comes from the same certain people. Not sure why bring it here in Days gone thread though.

Said it best, console wars since they come from same people. If you've been here long enough and especially if you came from the previous forum it's easy to spot them warriors

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe not, albeit the jury is still out on that, but you definitely complained about Nintendo bias more than once and go about as hardcore as defending Sony or moaning about Nintendo fanboys as anyone else does

Case in point:

Now if only you could hide when the likes of Mario and Zelda are killing it

Holy shit lmao, another one to add to Ignore list.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It has the sophistication of a 13 year old's of interpretation of intimacy/sexuality.

It has nothing to do with being a prude.

That clip is cringe af.
So in your opinion sexuality has to be sophisticated in expression or else the person is a child?

Because in my experience people have a pretty wide breath of range when expressing their sexuality, some literally beating it with a hammer in terms of subtly.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Knack and Knack 2 are A productions at most. Ready at Dawn is not a Sony studio but regardless, it was a graphical showcase that functioned as a PR machine like Killzone did for the PS3. It was a failure indeed, I mean a sequel was planned and it never entered production so that tells you everything you need to know about achieving success or not. Gran Turismo Sport's (tho now a fantastic entry) launch definitely was a failure but it made less of an impact because most of the press is american and compared to UE where it's a tentpole release and Sony's biggest IP (I mean GT in EU sells a lot of hardware, a LOT), it ain't seen as important in USA. But it was indeed a failed launch and it'll end up selling much less than even GT6. But The Order, Driveclub, Knack, Shadowfall, these are all games announced when PS4 hadn't even launched. It's much different than the DG's situation. And it's a Sony 3rd person action adventure(tm), that's their bread and butter and where they have pristine record and without a doubt they are the leaders in the whole industry. So when Sony puts out a new one of those kind of games, it comes with certain expectations. People saying Bend and Sony will be pleased are not fooling anyone but themselves, it's not only a matter of getting 70MC (not it's not like scoring a 7/10 in class, mate) but the very harsh criticism that game's getting and no devs will feel happy with that, but I assure you they know it too well to be true. When you spend so much time on a project and your heart and it doesn't come whole at end like you wanted to, you'll be your worst critic, see all its faults and more.
I think it's pity, but I still can't believe how where they in believing in delivering such a tropes pastiche with zero drive for telling their story. You'd think the game has been written in less than a year instead of its long gestation.
What!!! GTS is either already ahead of GT6 or on par to it in a year and a half.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
>Come to see opinions about the game that I was looking for.
>Came across with posts of how Horizon is mediocre, for some reason.

C'mon people, just stop. That doesn't help anyone.

Horizon isn't mediocre, it's an awesome game that had the unhappiness to be released in the same month than probably the most important Zelda ever made, but that doesn't disqualifies the game. Quite the opposite, since going from Killzone: Shadowfall to Horizon: Zero Dawn It is a sudden but very welcome climb.

About Days Gone: Probably the thing that I was expecting, because I honestly don't feel anything anymore about Zombies, I'm more interested in the stories about the world and I was actually wondering if this game was a secret The Last of Us side-story, but I think I was wrong. Good, I think, but I'm not sure if I'll pick on full-price.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
So in your opinion sexuality has to be sophisticated in expression or else the person is a child?

Because in my experience people have a pretty wide breath of range when expressing their sexuality, some literally beating it with a hammer in terms of subtly.

Sexuality can be anything it wants between consenting partners.

When you're producing material for wider audiences, throwing out juvenile, pandering material is open for critique.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Horizon is mediocre? You gotta be fucking kidding me. This fucking site...

To each their own, I don't think its mediocre but definitely not as great as many people made it out to be imo. Got it from gamefly put about 5-8 hours into it and it just wasnt clicking for me. It didn't feel as impressive as many say, a lot of little technical things like clipping and the awkward stiff talking animations

On topic: The initial reveal trailer when the crazy horde chasing Deacon, that segment still present in the game?

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
It has all the sophistication of a 13 year old's of interpretation of intimacy/sexuality.

It has nothing to do with being a prude.

That clip is cringe af.
That's hyperbolic. It's crude, sure, you and I probably wouldn't break out that line to our signifigant other, but we're also no the stereotypical biker archetype. In the context of who Deacon and his wife are and the crowd they associate with, that line isn't out of place. It's clearly not supposed to be sophisticated, like, don't you see Deacon wearing a vest and cap at his wedding cermony? Come on.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sexuality can be anything it wants between consenting partners.

When you're producing material for wider audiences, throwing out juvenile, pandering material is open for critique.
Material in general is open for critique, my point is that you automatically label it as juvenile and pandering, which clearly demonstrates you have a very specific view on what would be "ok" to be presented in the narrative.

I feel that you seem to be placing the standard entirely on your personal taste, rather than considering context of the characters. Having had actual interactions with bikers, (and frankly a variety of people in general) the line isn't exactly over the top compared to other things I've heard.

Crazy Steve

Oct 27, 2017
I just roll my eyes to the length people go to convince others that 7/10 is a bad game now. You can clearly feel some people were waiting for an average 6/10 rating or worse, but it didn't happen. So now they're going the 7/10 is bad & Bend Studio may close path.

Days Gone is not a Naughty Dog masterpiece and that's fine. It's a solid 7 single player game going from what I have played so far and an upcoming million seller. Both Bend and SIE will be satisfied. Cheers.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I got dogpiled for saying the everything about the game looked generic during the reveal period. Glad to be proven right.
the unfortunate thing about this forum is if you say something that doesn't go along with the popular opinion even if it's not going to be offensive, this is what ends up happening.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Report it so a mod ways in and shuts the off topic discussion down.

Have critical thinking skills and stop conflating a troll's opinion as that of an entire fanbase and the population of ERA as a whole

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
the unfortunate thing about this forum is if you say something that doesn't go along with the popular opinion even if it's not going to be offensive, this is what ends up happening.
That's any site. Just look at Reddit: the upvote system allows you to censor and deplatform others whose opinions the majority don't agree with. On one hand, if someone comes into a thread and is an ass, they can essentially be removed from the conversation which is good. Go into a dedicated subreddit and critique whatever their thing is? Your comment may end up hidden due to the mass backlash. The same goes for a typical forum where people will run you out for not conforming with the hivemind. The internet just generally blows for any thoughtful or challening discussion.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
For a game most people claimed to not care about this thread is like walking into a punch up at a biker wedding

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon is mediocre? You gotta be fucking kidding me. This fucking site...

Depends what you compare it to. If I compared it to an assassins creed game it is fucking amazing. But this speaks more to how poor modern open world games are then how good horizon is.

This seems like another nail in the coffin for a deeply mediocre genre. Ironically this probably means days gone is probably fine to play through. All the worst criticisms seem to be the same reasons red dead redemption 2 was praised, so this is probably just as good as the game considered the "pinnacle".

So I don't know, buy this, pretend your bike is a horse and it'll probably be fine.

Stay on topic of this game's reviews
Oct 27, 2017

Have critical thinking skills and stop conflating a troll's opinion as that of an entire fanbase and the population of ERA as a whole
Was already on this page:
Official Staff Communication
As for everything else, I just viewed BOTW in VR. That, horizon, and other games can be discussed in other threads. This thread is for Days Gone reviews. Let's stay on topic.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
That's any site. Just look at Reddit: the upvote system allows you to censor and deplatform others whose opinions the majority don't agree with. On one hand, if someone comes into a thread and is an ass, they can essentially be removed from the conversation which is good. Go into a dedicated subreddit and critique whatever their thing is? Your comment may end up hidden due to the mass backlash. The same goes for a typical forum where people will run you out for not conforming with the hivemind. The internet just generally blows for any thoughtful or challening discussion.
it's one thing for someone to be run out of a discussion for being hostile or unfriendly. but one should not have to feel attacked for thinking outside of said hive mind, as long they're not insulting

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
it's one thing for someone to be run out of a discussion for being hostile or unfriendly. but one should not have to feel attacked for thinking outside of said hive mind, as long they're not insulting
I absolutely agree. However, insulting is an ambiguous term. I would say that as long as they aren't being malicious.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
What!!! GTS is either already ahead of GT6 or on par to it in a year and a half.

GT Sport was at 3.2 M worldwide digital included in May last year. If you think it has sold past 2M and overtook GT6 in the last 11 months I think you're way off but don't present it as factual.
Saying 7.5M "players" means nothing really.

Also when you say in less than a 1.5 year, PS3 software was past its goodbyes when GT6 launched while GT Sport wad released during the console's peak

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah this. Crying about the whole forum when something's not going your way? Get the hell out of the kitchen.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's a line from Sons of Anarchy. It might be an actual real life biker thing, that I don't know, but it's a thing that's existed before Days Gone.

2:21 in this video.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
I just roll my eyes to the length people go to convince others that 7/10 is a bad game now. You can clearly feel some people were waiting for an average 6/10 rating or worse, but it didn't happen. So now they're going the 7/10 is bad & Bend Studio may close path.

Days Gone is not a Naughty Dog masterpiece and that's fine. It's a solid 7 single player game going from what I have played so far and an upcoming million seller. Both Bend and SIE will be satisfied. Cheers.

We both know that neither Bend or Sony will be happy with this score. They were very likely expecting it though. It will be no surprise to them that it is averaging 7/10.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Anything that isn't 90 on MC is trash. The review point scale is totally fucked. Too many 8's, 9's and 10's being given out like candy. When a 7/10 rolls around its not even worth playing. a 7/10 doesnt mean above average in this day and age. An 8-8.5 is probably considered above average to great.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it, if Sony owns it then why was there talk of it not being first party anymore?
Some people are doing this all the time. Calling Spider-Man, Death Stranding or Until Dawn "not 1st party" because they weren't developed by a Sony-owned studio. Makes no sense. Looks like they don't understand what 1st party means.