• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I think this is the biggest disconnect I've felt with reviewers since driveclub.

This has now topped gow & bloodborne as my game of the generation.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
I'm probably one of the few who is not only loving Days Gone but sees the game at 64 hours in as an easy 9.0/10. Days Gone is an excellent game. Took 8-12 hours for me to fully get into the game but that's also because im loving the stealth, I like playing slow, methodical and doing everything (including collectibles) in each region until moving on to the next. Or at the very least, as much as I possibly can do before advancing the story lines which all range from decent to great. Love the setup of the story lines and the menu interface is excellent. My previous current game of the year was Metro Exodus but it's already been surpassed by Days Gone and I still have a ways to go. Overall, an excellent game that is right up there with Horizon Zero Dawn for me and may even surpass it but that remains to be seen.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I think word of mouth will carry this game very far. It's currently my favorite game this year next to maybe RE 2, and I'm making sure all my friends know about it :-)

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
Alright, that's still doable unless you go all digital. Cons and pros I guess. I'm just surprised, people talking like they're investing in their next car or something. If cash is tight and you're not sure about the game (or any game for that matter) I guess the obvious choice is to keep your money.
It's not about cash being tight.. $60 ain't cheap to be disappointed and I don't like to gamble is all.

It got a 5/10 by a site that usually is spot on -
No multiplayer and it's needed imo for this type of game -
30fps -

A solid no thx from me but id be open to try a demo and maybe take a chance at -$20.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
It's not about cash being tight.. $60 ain't cheap to be disappointed and I don't like to gamble is all.

It got a 5/10 by a site that usually is spot on -
No multiplayer and it's needed imo for this type of game -
30fps -

A solid no thx from me but id be open to try a demo and maybe take a chance at -$20.
Just keep your money. No open world of this caliber runs at more than 30fps. Also, it's a 50 to 100 hours long single player game, if you prefer online games, just stick to online games. -_-

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
Just keep your money. No open world of this caliber runs at more than 30fps. Also, it's a 50 to 100 hours long single player game, if you prefer online games, just stick to online games. -_-
I like all types of games :)

Zelda BOTW and TW3 are fine without mp.
But again IMO..this type mp is a huge want..

50-100 hours? I thought i read 20-40?
50-100 is great.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https:///reviews/days-gone-review/ (6/10)
Days Gone is ultimately a disappointing experience, that could have been much more. I didn't hate my time with it, and there's a lot of heart to the experience that I genuinely appreciated, but it falls into the same trappings of too many open world experiences. Instead of blazing their own trail, Bend Studio decided to play it safe and copy what has already been done in way too many titles. Very little sets it apart from the competition, and what's here is often just mediocre at best. After the main campaign has ended, there's a final mission that sets up a potential sequel, and my only hope is that in the interim, the developers branch out and try something new. Deacon and co are good enough characters that I'd be open to seeing them again, but only if the gameplay evolves into something better than what's currently there now.

Oct 27, 2017
So I just finished my review and it is up on our site.

https://thegeek.games/2019/05/06/days-gone-oregon-gore-trail/ (8.3)

I loved it, people keep complaining about how the Gameplay is safe, but I actually enjoyed it, and there is a lot of space between mission types. The story is also one of the most bleakest, depressing things I have experienced since Last of Us.

I ran into the same molotov situation you did, had to come back when I had inventory or could craft more.

And "Boozer's storyline at one point feels a bit chopped up"

that's one way to put it!

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I ran into the same molotov situation you did, had to come back when I had inventory or could craft more.

And "Boozer's storyline at one point feels a bit chopped up"

that's one way to put it!

hehe. good one

Yeah the progression of missions between the first two camps is pretty disjointed. Like the game made me do these hunting and flower gathering tutorial hours into the game. This was long after I was already pretty familiar with the gameplay loop. Made me feel like I had done the story missions out of order or something but I generally just did missions that were close by to save on fuel.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
mod edit: Video removed. We do not provide a platform for SkillUp or his content here.

Fantastic review as usual, might give the game another try later this year

Last edited by a moderator:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
InsiderGamer.nl (8.8/10)
Days Gone does not doing anything we haven't seen before, but it does have its own unique style. Exploring the beautiful world where Deacons story and the side missions are a great combination: this game is very enticing.

Dualshockers (8/10)
A game doesn't need to be perfect to be enjoyable, but it does need to have substance and Days Gone has this in handfuls. Days Gone is a game that deserves a player's patience and perseverance as only then will you get to experience the game as it is intended. The story opens up and becomes more in-depth the longer you play and leads to you uncovering more important information.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.smh.com.au/technology/v...nfocused-post-apocalypse-20190506-p51kjm.html (6/10)
Rather than focus on what it does well, Days Gone does everything. Too much of the 60-hour ride is spent on walking your bike to find fuel or going on head-scratchingly unnecessary missions. There's a good game in there, but to get it you also have to wade through too many poorly explained characters, too much sombre and self-serious storytelling, and too much gormless open world stuffing.

https://www.bazicenter.com/review/days-gone/ (7.5/10)
Although Days Gone is suffering from tons of technical issues and, of course, unbelievably weak AI, it still manages to make up for them by offering solid, diverse gameplay, wonderful atmosphere and world design, and great music and sound design. Let's just hope that Sony gives Bend Studio another chance.

I read the whole review. The author chose to run and gun through the game without engaging with other gameplay systems, and then blamed the game for it. Also, in the comments there were some not so great things said about Era, by the author even. Swell.
just read the comments, yikes.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I read the whole review. The author chose to run and gun through the game without engaging with other gameplay systems, and then blamed the game for it. Also, in the comments there were some not so great things said about Era, by the author even. Swell.
Yeah, I tried that and it didn't work. One because crafting items and ammo isn't always going to be around. And I haven't upgraded my bike enough yet.

And because the world does come for you. I haven't played a recent Far Cry yet, but I see comparisons to it. I had wolves chasing me, I led them back to a camp where the guards shot them, I see the comparisons to State of Decay now.

I agree with that Dualshockers quote.

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the game ever become fun? Oh man I wanted to give it a chance but 2 hours in and I'm already sick of it dragging on.....

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I thought it was really fun. I put it down after I got the Platinum but I hugely enjoyed my time with it. There are very interesting things about it that are a bit hidden under the surface.

Deleted member 10908

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the game ever become fun? Oh man I wanted to give it a chance but 2 hours in and I'm already sick of it dragging on.....
Keep playing, i was about to drop the game after the first couple of hours cause i wasnt feeling it and it didnt click. Kept playing and it ended being my GOTY so far and a 9 in my book. Everything in the game improves over time, even animations of characters (some characters in the early camps look like their faces are numb lol)

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i played for ten hours hoping it would improve and then i dropped it, there are far better games to play in my backlog. I dont need to suffer 10+ hours to get to the good parts

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The game gets in its way too many times when doing the story.

But if you're exploring and doing world activities, it can get really fun.

strotee

Aug 9, 2018
Got the platinum yesterday. Overall, not a bad game. The game could have used so many small QOL improvements though.