• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wedzi

Jul 17, 2018
This game is gonna be a bigger hit than people realize I think. Its basically Daryl from the walking dead simulator with the usual Sony first party graphical flare.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
my biggest issues with this game are how janky it looked in some of the videos from the gameinformer coverage and how dumb the tweakers or whatever they are called looked. Hopefully they sorted those things out, I want them to succeed

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Probably the one game I want most from the spectacular Q1 release schedule.
However.. and I hope I am wrong I got this feeling it might bomb for no reason at all.

I really like the environment for this one.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i love everything about this game aside from the zombies. I kinda wish they just made a proper biker game.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this game has better release date. Q1 2019 is bloodbath and it is quite challenge for new IP to shine. Unlike HZD get very good time slot where it is only spotlight game.

Really looking forward to play this beauty and Day1 CE.
You must have forgotten about Zelda BoTW, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Nier Automata, Nioh, For Honor, Resident Evil 7.

Last edited:

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
DG-Judges-Day-2.png

Zombies are not the only weirdness in this world. These whole mountains are covered in snow, but the trees growing up the mountains are all green.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Man this is a good looking open world.
This could very well be another Ghost Recon Wildlands when it comes to resetera.
That is a good analogy. Everyone really thought that game was going to crash and burn after that E3 demo. The only problem with Days Gone is the lack of multiplayer which means it could be harder sell to people who play these type of games with friends. And from what I have noticed a lot of zombie games tend to have multiplayer in some way. Its crazy to think that this is one of the few open world zombie games that's completely single player since Dead Rising 1 and Undead Nightmare. Sales for the game are going to be very interesting.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
If they want to sell well the game, they should do a Gameplay Series video like RDR/GTA V/The Witcher 3/RDR2 therefore we can see everything we can do in this world !

I'm interested in the game but I think the marketing, the presentation of the game are pretty absent, it's too bad

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I think the game looks fantastic visually. But sadly I struggle to keep my attention with these types of open world games, albeit I can see this selling gangbusters.
DG-Judges-Day-2.png

Zombies are not the only weirdness in this world. These whole mountains are covered in snow, but the trees growing up the mountains are all green.
Wow, have you never seen a mountain in real life?

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
The world looks great. But I really dislike the look of the main character. He's so... 2018.

Modern? Of the now? I guess that will be outdated by next year haha

I'm still not convinced this game will succeed. I hope it does, because this is really another Ready At Dawn situation if it doesn't. Even more apt because I really appreciated all of Bend and Ready at Dawns PSP games!

I just don't care about zombies frankly. Beautiful world at least. I hope I'm out of touch with the public at large. Someone else said this might be a Wildlands scenario... And that's what I hope for!

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah, looks and seems like a paint by numbers, somewhat open game with some zombies.

I thought so too when it was first announced, but I got to see more of the setting and story (I work in game localization) and honestly, it looks very good. I went from "meh, bikers and zombies" to "I'm going to play this for sure".

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
it certainly looks very pretty! i'm looking forward to it. my first game of 2019 no doubt.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Mt. Ashland, also Oregon.

91QRXye.jpg

I stand corrected.

But this happens when it has snowed and the snow melts from the trees, before it melts from the earth around it. There's something off on those screenshots, the mountains are not high enough to contain everlasting snow (seeing the treeline) and the rest of the world around it doesn't scream 'winter' to me.

Last edited:

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I stand corrected.

But this happens when it has snowed and the snow melts from the trees, before it melts from the earth around it. There's something off on those screenshots, the mountains are not high enough to contain everlasting snow (seeing the treeline) and the rest of the world around it doesn't scream 'winter' to me.

Does this scream winter?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looks so good! Easily my most anticipated 2019 game. Cannot wait to explore this world.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I stand corrected.

Stahp or you will get shafted again.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely love the look of the game but the gameplay is the only thing I'm not excited about, looks far too arcadey for my liking.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Looks quality, I love the setting.

This game, RE2 i'll be killing zombies for weeks :)

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Check out Easy Allies' E3 impressions (not the first look). They rave about Days Gone, and this is coming mostly from Damiani, who's not really one for these sort of titles. He was particularly impressed by how the horde doesn't relent. Eventually you have to deal with them.

The build was much more polished. And this is still 8-10 months prior to release. It sounds more like a MGSV sort of experience over TLoU.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Looks pretty dope. Really curious about what they haven't shown yet (villages, cities, underground locations).