• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Snowfall and Weather in Days Gone is not just about change in background or during loading, or just some area of the map. In Days Gone, snowfall happens randomly in real-time, so you can see the objects and road covered in snow over time. Amazing, unique technology.

Thanks for sharing this video Toumari

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
That's cool, how that snow slowly builds up on the scenery around him. I think they may also be well served by video that demonstrates the extremes of this system, kind of like some of the stuff that came out when Driveclub's weather system was installed.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
That's really cool. A bit odd it doesn't really seem to effect Decon to same extent, but you could argue its melting on him.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see this go even further next gen. Been wondering when we'd see weather effecting the area like this beyond puddles. Nice.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Ok,that's pretty impressive.

The team is doing some wonderful things with ue4. Will be a showcase game when it comes out.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Snow also makes it harder to drive in and makes the freakers stronger.

Also enemies change up while it is snowing.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Yea this is impressive as hell for realtime snow pile-up simulation in an open world game. Also dig that it's not just cosmetics & will have a noticeable effect on gameplay as well. Really well done.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
This is some sexy tech right here. It would be awesome if deacon can roll around in the snow and make snow angels.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if a game can poll your local weather conditions and depict them in game real time

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That's really cool. A bit odd it doesn't really seem to effect Decon, but you could argue its melting on him

There's definitely snow on Deacon as well.

1aeNw2p.png

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, that's a buy as I love this kind of atmosphere-enhancing stuff. Time to rev that PS4 Pro up for the first time since GoW.

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
stuff like that is exactly what i want to see more in the next gen. really neat tech, looking forward to the game now.

hopefully the nights are long too and the transitions between bright and dark don´t happen in seconds

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
It's for sure the most impressive and best looking UE4 game. When I mentioned the game in an earlier thread that was asking for best looking UE4 game, a lot of people quoted me ridiculing my post. Feels good ;)

Oct 30, 2017
Just when I thought this game can't get any better... it does.

Bend studio made a game that will bring them back hard on the home console market again.

Only few days left!

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if a game can poll your local weather conditions and depict them in game real time
Should be doable using console/account geolocation but requires a bit extra work no doubt. It wouldn't surprise me if this was an option being discussed early on in regards to true realtime weather simulation btw.