• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was one of the coolest features I was looking for when they first revealed it. Can't wait for the game to see it while playing.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Was totally expecting a horde of zombies to pop out of nowhere as the weather system was being shown off lol.

This looks great though, I love well implemented weather in games. Gonna have to get used to not being able to whistle for my horse when exploring the environmonets after sinking so much time into RDR2.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, incredible.
As next gen is coming soon with more resources available, I can't wait to see all kinds of new features being implemented.

jj70

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm exagerating, here, but... no snow on the motorcycle anyway... I do not think it's hotter to melt the snow falling - so I was expecting to see some snowflakes on it, too... Anyway, cool - how much time pass in in-game time for this 6 min vid?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Id be super interested if it was just cosmetic and there was a way to make it on permanently, i fucking love snow

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
oh wow, the way the snow falls on screen is gorgeous, love the way the weather effects look in this game.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Have they talked about how long the cycles are? Would be great if it was random and snow storms could last up to like 2 weeks in-game.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
giphy.gif

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Like Red Dead Redemption 2 the LOD is very impressive. You can still see trees and bushes far off in the distance without much of a noticable quality difference. Open world games seem to finally nail that.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
Tha's absolutely incredible. Even more considering the amount of things that are going on the game, like the hordes with hundreds of freakers. And if all that wasn't impressive enough, the game still is fucking beautiful.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Like Red Dead Redemption 2 the LOD is very impressive. You can still see trees and bushes far off in the distance without much of a noticable quality difference. Open world games seem to finally nail that.

I predict some interesting threads comparing Days Gone to RDR2

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This is amazing.

One of the only games I've seen do this aside from Asheron's Call, though it wasn't as detailed since that was like circa 1999 or so.

Oct 27, 2017
Games love making puddles in rain but not snowfall covering, so this is cool. I guess this is something Madden games can kinda get credit for too.