• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
I searched for a thread and didn't find anything.

There is a trailer with the upcoming update but it is in German.

Some of the stuff shown:
  • Bike challenges
  • Horde timed(?) challenges
  • Ability to switch to other characters skins including Iron Mike, Rikki and Boozer.
  • New biker rings.
  • Ability to change patches on the leather jacket.
  • Changes to UI (maybe it's the survivalist difficulty that they already talked about)

Anyway, have fun watching and understanding shit like i did :P

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Rikki is straight up the best character in that game. I would do anything for her, so playing as her has to be a must.

Also, a trailer for a patch is so weird to me, yet I love it so.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
That all looks quite fun. I found the bikes handling to be rather fab in Days Gone so any excuse to ride around a bit through time trial style checkpoints is fine by me. I wonder if they put any work into voice work for each of the skins you can don. As much fun as it would be to bike around as Rikki I can't help but feel it is gonna be real odd when Deacons very talkative and loud voice comes out of her mouth.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm actually suprised they didn't have bike races at launch.

The story isn't amazing and such, but for an Open World game, It's one of the few that takes it's self really seriously. There's no races, silly missions around jokes or anything like that.

I think adding it in later makes it much better. It really needs this because there's only so much I can take of Deacon screaming "HUH, YOU FUCKING LIKE THAT YOU SICK SON'S OF BITCHES?! HUH?! HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE! I'LL KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU! AHGHGHHHGH"

Dude needs to take a chill pill.

OP
OP
Embedded

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they did something with the voices as well.
It would be fun though to play as Boozer, go to a bed and hear him say "it's like Boozer says, i hear a bunk calling my name"...

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
The story isn't amazing and such, but for an Open World game, It's one of the few that takes it's self really seriously. There's no races, silly missions around jokes or anything like that.

I think adding it in later makes it much better. It really needs this because there's only so much I can take of Deacon screaming "HUH, YOU FUCKING LIKE THAT YOU SICK SON'S OF BITCHES?! HUH?! HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE! I'LL KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU! AHGHGHHHGH"

Actually that's a solid point I didn't think of. Yeah, open world in Days Gone is "barebones" if you look at it from Ubi-games approach, but I think it works better in the end.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Well he'd be more chill if they stop ambushing him!

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
no lies detected. then deek, lisa, skizzo for me.

You know what, I hated the fuck out of Deacon for hours but I really stuck to him. He's honest and I appreciate that for once. He just wants to get shit done and get out, possibly with his Dead or Alive wife or not.

I didn't like Skizzo at the start either but he was TRYING to do the right thing, just not the right way.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
deacon screaming when you're quietly exploring the world trying to not alert any hordes 🤣

lol, yeah always had to laugh at that. I figured they needed to take a page from Insomniac and do what they did in Spider-Man where it seems they recorded multiple versions of dialogue, one for when you're not moving about much and one where you're swinging about. I can only imagine how much more work that'd be, but it'd help the immersion a lot more :)

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Sweeeet.

Ability to switch to other characters skins including Iron Mike, Rikki and Boozer.

Tell you can play as
Sarah
?

Last edited:

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
lol, yeah always had to laugh at that. I figured they needed to take a page from Insomniac and do what they did in Spider-Man where it seems they recorded multiple versions of dialogue, one for when you're not moving about much and one where you're swinging about. I can only imagine how much more work that'd be, but it'd help the immersion a lot more :)

For awhile I was thinking maybe they recorded a lot of dialogue as if it was supposed to play while deacon was on a bike. But it happened so often in the game and while you were actively killing things so that theory didn't make any sense... lol

I just pretended it was internal when he did it when I was hiding in a bush or something.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How is the skin changes going to work? Will cutscenes still show you as Deacon? I assume so because no way did they have all those characters do Deacon's lines and it'd be weird hearing his voice from the others.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
This update looks really cool. I just finished the story last week but this is a good excuse to continue to play the game. I need to clean up the map before this patch!

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I never did get this when it launched but I'm looking forward to snagging it on sale some day. Good to see from this Kostenloses Inhaltsupdate that it will be even better then!

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the game and platinumed it. I am not sure wether to wait for the DLC to come out or just start playing right now. I am itching for anything to bring me back but at the same time I want to play for hours.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
User Warned: Drive-by Trolling
Cool. But what about the bugs?

Edit: Let me rephrase it: Is this version stable? I've been waiting for a stable version since launch to start my gameplay.

Last edited: