• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Days Gone voted Most Anticipated PS4 title of 2019 by Push Square readers!

Fat4all

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
bork land
im interested, but its one of those ones where im likely gonna wait for impressions around when it comes out before i decide on buying it

Oct 25, 2017
Illinois
Anecdotal (like Era impressions), but several of my casual friends are interested in Days Gone. The whole “Sons of Anarchy” vibe really resonates with some people.

This game is going to do well.

Fat4all

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
bork land
the reveal trailer for days gone has over 10 million views, it got a lot of eyes on it

if it reviews well and has a good marketing push, it might do really well for Sony

Why? It's a new major sony tps. Seems like this is one of those era bubble games.
I just personally don’t have a single friend that is remotely hyped for this game nor am I. I feel like it will be a decent 6/7/8 out of 10 by the numbers experience but most anticipated PS4 game of 2019 not even close for me or anyone I know. That’s why this is surprising to me. But I realize more and more every year I am out of touch with the mainstream as I stare down the barrel of being 40 years old 🙂

Oct 27, 2017
Over Resi 2, Sekiro AND KH3?

What the fuck? I'm like actually kind of mad. Those are looking like some incredibly quality games, definitely a lot more inspired and unique in execution than Days Gone from what we've seen thus far.

On second look, it seems to be a Sony fan site so not that surprising. Still guys, come on.

Oct 25, 2017
Should’ve expected some low quality posts in a Days Gone thread.
Yep.

Well I'm personally looking forward to it. I think the gameplay footage that I've seen looks like fun. I'm also expecting it to review somewhere around 7/10 and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so devisive for some reason. While I don’t think it looks terrible it’s certainly not one I’m anticipating.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah for whatever reason Days Gone is one of those games that era is really out of sync with the general gaming community.
Not true at all. It won because what else is going to win? We don't even know any other Sony exclusives coming this year other than Dreams. Put an actual 2019 date on Ghost of Tsushima or TLOU2 and Days Gone won't even chart.

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's hard to sound genuinely enthusiastic about a game like Days Gone.

Also, because the impressions around Days Gone are so negative that any vaguely positive news is deemed threadworthy by those that choose to champion the game.
Imagine being so ignorant that you think there are more negative Days Gone impressions than positive.

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. With all the big titles launching in 2019 I don’t think this one even cracks my top 15. Has looked meh as fuck to me.

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the Days Gone hate around here?
Exclusive, combined with zombie fatigue even though there aren't many zombie games this gen, combined with bad initial showing combined with people spreading lies that the game has more bad previews/ impressions than positive ones when the only way you'd think that's true is if you were only looking for the negative ones.

Note: Having legit concerns that the game is bad, or thinking it doesn't look good is fine. Saying previews have been mostly negative is not when that's not the case.