• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Still don't understand what's supposed to be so impressive about yet another "sad guy in the apocalypse" zombie game.

Bend should've made something else. Anything else.

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
idk why I dislike the premise of this game and what they have shown so far as much as I do.
Might have to do with the protagonist looking like a combination of all the physical (including 'fashion') features I hate in video game characters, might have to do that it takes itself way too seriously for a post-apocalyptic biker game - can't quite pinpoint it but I really dread even hearing about it.
Yes, I know how crazy and stupid this sounds - don't @ me.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Days Gone is about as safe and non risky of a production as you can get for general audience consumption. It'll sell very well.

A third person action adventure cinematic Zombie Walking Dead-esk game with heavy emphasis on story and realistic graphics

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love how some people choose to deride the game and then make light of the people genuinely looking forward to it. If you don't care for/about the game, don't have anything negative yet also constructive to say or aren't advancing/creating some type of discussion, why do you even bother coming into this thread or threads like it to post? Are you mad because people are looking forward to the game and it will likely surpass your expectations and the fantasy that you eager to project? Ya'll need to stop; there are too many great games out there to occupy your time with than to be running a smear campaign for Days Gone.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure it's necessarily a wider Era bubble per se, it could just as well be a very vocal minority who have little understanding, logic or rationale outside of their own narrow subjectivity and fandom.

Whilst I'm not especially hyped for this game myself, I think most with a semblance of common sense or wider context, could ascertain the fact that a fairly large number of people are infact looking forward to it, or that there is a fair amount of interest around it.

Presently the gameplay trailer has more than 10m views, and the social media and other metrics are also very strong. To put that into perspective, that's several million more than the highest viewed videos for either Sekiro or Resident Evil 2.

To give even greater context, that's more views than even Horizon Zero Dawn's highest viewed trailer, which as some of you may remember, was voted as one of the most likely to be most disappointing titles a few years back, and was a game that went on to sell 7.6m in less than a year (tracking close to even BotW in sales), and was also recieved really well critically.

Whilst there's no guarantee Days Gone will sell a tonne or be well recieved critically, there's so far certainly been a very large amount of interest in it, notably outside of Era. Non ad run video views, social media and other metrics do actually have some correlation with interest and sales, or at least that has been the case with most Sony exclusives in the last few years, so it may very well end up being the case for Days Gone too. Ultimately going by such metrics, the results of the OP aren't really that surprising, especially for that outlet.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I love how some people choose to deride the game and then make light of the people genuinely looking forward to it. If you don't care for/about the game, don't have anything negative yet also constructive to say or aren't advancing/creating some type of discussion, why do you even bother coming into this thread or threads like it to post? Are you mad because people are looking forward to the game and it will likely surpass your expectations and the fantasy that you eager to project? Ya'll need to stop; there are too many great games out there to occupy your time with than to be running a smear campaign for Days Gone.
Exactly this, sharing opinions is fine, but some people just want to shit on the game and then dip. Not the slightest bit interested in an actual discussion about the game. Once is cool...but every thread ends up like this....go talk about something you're interested in. All you're doing is repeating yourself and derailing discussion.

OP
OP
DMVfan123

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Hi guys what's...
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure it's necessarily a wider Era bubble per se, it could just as well be a very vocal minority who have little understanding, logic or rationale outside of their own narrow subjectivity and fandom.

Whilst I'm not especially hyped for this game myself, I think anyone with a semblance of common sense or wider context, could ascertain the fact that a fairly large number of people are infact looking forward to it, or that there is a fair amount of interest around it.

Presently the gameplay trailer has more than 10m views, and the social media and other metrics are also very strong. To put that into perspective, that's several million more than the highest viewed videos for either Sekiro or Resident Evil 2.

To give even greater context, that's more views than even Horizon Zero Dawn's highest viewed trailer, which as some of you may remember, was voted as one of the most likely to be most disappointing titles a few years back, and was a game that went on to sell 7.6m in less than a year (tracking close to even BotW in sales), and was also recieved really well critically.

Whilst there's no guarantee Days Gone will sell a tonne or be well recieved critically, there's so far certainly been a very large amount of interest in it, notably outside of Era. Non ad run video views, social media and other metrics do actually have some correlation with sales, or at least that has been the case with most Sony exclusives in the last few years, so it may very well end up being the case for Days Gone too. Ultimately going by such metrics, the results of the OP aren't really that surprising, especially for that outlet.
I think the funniest thing is that even here with every thread literally turning to shit it's stoll only a few spots away from top 10 on the most anticipated list. That just tells me it's the same ppl with apparently no interest being the loudest on here

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Its a sandbox open world AAA zombie third person action game game. Unless Sony botches the marketing or the reviews are dire its gonna do fine. If the reviews are great and word of mouth/streamer popularity is high it could do very well.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly this, sharing opinions is fine, but some people just want to shit on the game and then dip. Not the slightest bit interested in an actual discussion about the game. Once is cool...but every thread ends up like this....go talk about something you're interested in. All you're doing is repeating yourself and derailing discussion.
Because they know Era mods will lock the thread when it gets bad instead of warning/banning them. So they get positive feedback each thread and they repeat the behavior in new threads again and again.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol i love the concern trolling for this game. Every e3 demo for this game has like 5 million views. That's better than the halo infinite e3 views.

I mean we are talking about 3 e3s. This year they weren't even at the e3 presser and their game informer e3 video has millions of views.

I think it will see a million or two units in its first month. Then another 3 million life time.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Over Resi 2, Sekiro AND KH3?

What the fuck? I'm like actually kind of mad. Those are looking like some incredibly quality games, definitely a lot more inspired and unique in execution than Days Gone from what we've seen thus far.

On second look, it seems to be a Sony fan site so not that surprising. Still guys, come on.

A remake of a sequel, another "git gud" game courtesy of From, and one of many sequels in a series full of licensed characters are unique and inspired?

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope they nail the final preview event.

Need a good story trailer also

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
That wasn't unexpected considering the site the vote took place on, tbh. I haven't seen much hype for it elsewhere, but that'll sure change when the marketing starts

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
That wasn't unexpected considering the site the vote took place on, tbh. I haven't seen much hype for it elsewhere, but that'll sure change when the marketing starts
Sony's marketing has been weirdly low key until the last minute for the last 2 years. Days Gone has weirdly gotten more spotlight than a lot of Sony's other games of late I'd argue. GoW included.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, there's nothing particularly inspired by open world zombies either. None of those games really check the "unique and inspired" box.

I'd agree with that, as you've stated, there's nothing particularly inspiring or unique about any of the games listed, which coupled with the super high coverage metrics, makes the surprise among some slightly more perplexing.

The posts essentially read like "I don't get it, why isn't everyone else excited for the same game(s) I'm excited for? It just doesn't make any sense!".

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't worry, you're allowed to like the game even though I don't.

Well, neither of you have actually played the game yet...so you wouldn't know for sure if you will or won't like it lol. You seem to have already made up your mind though.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Well, neither of you have actually played the game yet...so you wouldn't know for sure if you will or won't like it lol.

Camjo-z posted this earlier "I honestly forgot this game existed and will probably do so again the moment I close this tab." Which is a weird post and I would consider it a shit post or drive by post. It's not even about liking or not liking the game lol.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
This game will be huge if Bend really deliver with the scores.

It looks compelling, but there is tons of jank that needs to be ironed out. The final product has to be very polished.

Let's see what the extra development time yields.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Camjo-z posted this earlier "I honestly forgot this game existed and will probably do so again the moment I close this tab." Which is a weird post and I would consider it a shit post or drive by post. It's not even about liking or not liking the game lol.

Hopefully this elaboration on my original post will sate you.

I am quite astonished by this game's high ranking on an online anticipation poll, as it seemed very forgettable and dare I say uninspired to me from the very first trailer. It quickly vanished from my memory and did not return until the subject was once again raised in this thread title. As a result of my finding the game so unremarkable, I am likely to swiftly forget about it once again upon the conclusion of making this post.

Rautz

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in the minority that are waiting to play this game. I hope it's fun and does well for Bend.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Of course another Days Gone thread went to shit thanks to the fucking haters.

I personally am looking forward to play it. It's basically a AAA TWD game.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Damn. I guess fanboys would even vote Lair 2 if that was the only exclusive launching this year. Ahead of Sekiro, RE2... lol.
Days Gones looks like a horrible mess.
Oh come on... that's bullocks now. State of Decay 2 was more than a hot mess on its first showing than Days Gone and DG already seems to be more of quality than SoD2 ever did.

For a studio that has been among the firsts of SIE WWS, it is nice to see Bend Studio coming back to developing games on a home console. I am confident they will do well. If Shuhei Yoshida trust them in making a great game, they deserve our support, especially for a studio that grew from 2 to 3 times its original size during the development of DG. Consider this, it has been a bit more than 10 years since their last home console game and the studio had between 55-70 people before they started working on Days Gone. Be more considerate. Don't forget that a lot of people said the same thing about Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Spider-Man at the old forum (uninspired, gonna fail, generic, etc). It doesn't mean we should exempt Days Gone of any criticism, but people should be more careful about the way they share their concerns about the game's potential.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sony's marketing has been weirdly low key until the last minute for the last 2 years. Days Gone has weirdly gotten more spotlight than a lot of Sony's other games of late I'd argue. GoW included.
It's weird, because even with an hour of gameplay it still feels like we know nothing about the game. Hopefully there'll be a new trailer soon showcasing more mechanics of the game.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Rooting for the bend team. Don't know why people decided to shit on this game or any other game before it comes out.