• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
Sleeper hit of 2019 confirmed. I really look forward to this game, just hope they polished up those janky animations.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
This isn't one of those lame hype check threads. It's a website stating an opinion about anticipation, and by the sound of it, there is a general consensus that people don't necessarily agree.
There was also a general consensus about Horizon Zero Dawn being "bland". It was even voted on GAF the year prior its release as the game "with the most chance to disappoint of 2017". So, it doesn't mean much... especially if almost nobody played it yet besides the press. :/
I dunno. People say critisim and negativity can only be acceptable when they are "constructive". Yet hype posts are exempted from the requirement. Why? I don't see anything meanful or constructive about them.
Because negativity can derail a thread subject from its original purpose. :/
Because this is a message board for video game discussions. Am I just suppose to praise this game? It's my opinion that this game looks awful.
No. Not at all, but... why post in a thread about positive news on a game you know you don't like? 🤔

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
days gone is one of the most anticipated game outside of era?

1529073762973.jpg

deacon with it.

(yeah terrible pun i know)

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
A site that covers exclusively PS games of course Days Gone is going to be the most anticipated 2019 title, i don't know why people are surprised and "mad" about this.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
There was also a general consensus about Horizon Zero Dawn being "bland". It was even voted the year prior its release as the game "with the most chance to disappoint of 2017". So, it doesn't mean much. :/

Because negativity can derail a thread subject from its original purpose. :/

No. Not at all, but... why post in a thread about positive news on a game you know you don't like? 🤔
The same reason why people post anything. To share their opinion. To agree disagree whatever. Stop being too emotionally attached. It's okay for people to like the game for whatever reason. It's also okay to dislike it.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Because this is a message board for video game discussions. Am I just suppose to praise this game? It's my opinion that this game looks awful.
I think his point was to drive bys. And even so, what type of discussion are you supposed to have with someone dropping by to say "I'm not interested in this topic"?

I'm not interested in say.... Overwatch. Even though I dont give a shit about it, I'm not gonna go into the topic to say I'm not interested, lol. Its ridiculous. You dont find the game to your liking, ok, state why so we can discuss it. Or at least say what actually drawn you too this thread. Obviously they have some interest.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I kind of became interested in this game after learning it's open world. Dunno, probably gonna rent it. Would've loved to see Bend work on a new Syphon Filter though.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I get it. If you told someone sons of anarchy crossed with the walking dead it would make a lot of people excited. Doesn't do it for me but I understand the hype.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I don't know why it's divisive, but there's something about this game which makes people shitpost to let everyone else know how much they don't care about it.
It is a Sony exclusive that happens to be a single-player-only game too... just like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Spider-Man before it. :P

EDIT: If I had to guess, I would assume it's because DG is not available on the platform they play on (PC/XB1). At the EBGames I work, I had a customer who asked me if he could pre-order Days Gone on XB1 and was surprised when I told him it was a PlayStation exclusive. The customer was adamant that Sony stole another game to have it exclusive (which doesn't make any sense since Sony Bend Studio is part of SIE WWS). Same thing happened for Spider-Man with another customer (recently). Most people don't understand how 1st party games work.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This place is becoming closer to something like GameFAQs in each passing day.

From what I saw, Crackdown 3 threads have not much comments.

But every Days Gone thread is full of bashes....
Yeah. Why is it so hard to simply ignore threads of video games that people have zero interest in.

Instead, people flock into these threads only to tell the world that they don't like the game. How insightful.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Only games i am looking forward to this year are releasing soon.. Remake 2 and Sekiro.

Days Gone is not a title i am looking forward too but it is a title which i hope it will surprise me.
I hope it has a good story and its fun to play. It looks good.. not something special but I hope they deliver.
I loved Syphon Filter back in the days so i hope Bend can make a good comeback on the big consoles.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I can already tell, when we will get sell-through numbers (an they will be good, I hope) people here will downplay them because they are worse than God of War or Spider-Man.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Only games i am looking forward to this year are releasing soon.. Remake 2 and Sekiro.

Days Gone is not a title i am looking forward too but it is a title which i hope it will surprise me.
I hope it has a good story and its fun to play. It looks good.. not something special but I hope they deliver.
I loved Syphon Filter back in the days so i hope Bend can make a good comeback on the big consoles.
Me too. I would like to see Bend Studio grow but at the size THEY want. :)

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Absolutely can't wait for this game. Its the only game with a solid date that looks interesting to me.

I was maybe going to buy re2 but the overabundance of ammo in the demo and budget 2003 lcd black levels I'm out.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Jesus, just read through this entire thread. Man, the review and sales threads are going to be wild. But seriously, if buying this means we get a new Syphon Filter then count me in. At least riding through the pacific northwest will be nice. Almost like the Sons of Anarchy game we never got. The whole dynamic weather thing looks interesting.

Vm8rCDO.gif

hdJ4uL.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone threads are always fantastic reading.

I'm really looking forward to it, it has all the elements that I enjoy; post apocalyptic, zombies, open world etc.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I can already tell, when we will get sell-through numbers (an they will be good, I hope) people here will downplay them because they are worse than God of War or Spider-Man.

Some people even downplayed Spider-Man sales after the announcement that it sold 9 million units sold-through saying the bundle helped, but when you read Sony official statement, it says "Includes both Blu-ray discs sell-through quantities estimated by SIE and download version sales on PlayStation Store".
Jesus, just read through this entire thread. Man, the review and sales threads are going to be wild. But seriously, if buying this means we get a new Syphon Filter then count me in. At least riding through the pacific northwest will be nice. Almost like the Sons of Anarchy game we never got. The whole dynamic weather thing looks interesting.

Vm8rCDO.gif

hdJ4uL.gif
If they can fix those jarring cuts between gameplay and cutscenes, it is on a good path to be one of Bend's best games.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Era must be the only place that is surprised by this. Days Gone is a major Sony IP that features hundreds of zombies, a massive open world and good graphics. Of course people are interested in it.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era must be the only place that is surprised by this. Days Gone is a major Sony IP that features hundreds of zombies, a massive open world and good graphics. Of course people are interested in it.

I mean really, even some comments in the site itself are surprised. It's not an era limited reaction

DSoup

Oct 28, 2017
London
I am a huge fan of the genre but every play through I've seen it just meh. That said, I had zero interest in Horizon Zero Dawn and that was my favourite game of 2017.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
That I can agree with. 😁

Like people said for Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Spider-Man. ;)
The most apprehension anyone's ever had for the latter two was being a drastic change for the GoW series and puddles lol, not many people seriously thought they looked underwhelming.

Horizon had a ton of backlash pre-release though yeah, but also a lot more support than I've seen for Days Gone.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
This place is becoming closer to something like GameFAQs in each passing day.

Yeah. Why is it so hard to simply ignore threads of video games that people have zero interest in.

Instead, people flock into these threads only to tell the world that they don't like the game. How insightful.
Seriously. The mods could actually ban/warn these people making consistent shot posts instead of ignoring the issue and things would get better. But it seems they have no interest in doing that at all

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I hope nobody from Bend sees this thread...embarrassing. People are allowed to post their opinion of course, but the amount of low quality drive bys is insane.

On topic, I wouldn't say I'm on the hype train yet but I am definitely interested. The freakers look cool, the open world sounds promising and looks good, and the motorcycle has potential.

I am worried about how it will handle though, and the story which we haven't seen much of yet. It also looked like the gunplay could use some work.

But one good trailer could change all that.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly the only concern i have towards Days Gone is the frame rate. The biggest attraction of the game is the massive hordes and by now we know how heavy large NPC count is on the CPU of the current gen consoles. If they can get a consistent 30 fps this game is golden.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
What other options does a Sony fan site really have for 2019? It's fine if they are anticipating it, but to call it Most Anticipated is a bit redundant.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Good lord, some of you guys are insufferable when it comes to this game. It doesn't even look bad enough to get panned as hard as it seems to be in every thread here.

Like, it's not offensive or outstanding enough for me to even have a strong opinion on it.

Correct. I'm not even interested in this game but people decided they hated this from the start. You see it happen to some games where people are so vocal about hating a game (which I find weird already) and then it just snowballs from there.

I feel bad for any devs that read the nonsensical bullshit that so many post about the game they're making.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Game looks good, Im hyped. Dont think it will be on par with TLoU2 but then again nothing will be on par with TLoU2. Dreams is my personal most anticipated game of the year followed by Sekiro, DMC5 and Days Gone. Who knows what other games will get a release date in 2019.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
It would be anticipated for me only if the game was controlling as good as Resident Evil 2 Demo. But currently I can see myself fighting with the controls having so much zombie around to deal with.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017

Or it'll be: "no wonder it did decently, there are 100 million PS4s out there, even crap will sell on that platform!!1"

I hope it'll be another success story, just to make them haters eat crow ;)

Oct 27, 2017

Vm8rCDO.gif

hdJ4uL.gif

Honestly, riding the bike is the thing I'm most excited for. I hope they nail the handling as it's going to be one of the most important aspects of the gameplay.

azertydu91

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the hate toward this game but I do understand scepticism.
We need to see more of the story, which Sony stopped showing a lot since they showed too much of Uncharted 3.
That may explains scepticism we need to see more diverse gameplay sections and I feel that this game may ne either an 80 or a 60 but few inbetween.
It does seem to emphasize bike customization and I love the almost fluid like wave of zombies but I need to see a bit of story before.
The game doesn't do anything new but if it does it well it can be great.The events system seems more complexe than what has been done and can change a bit compared to others open world.
This game needs to show its story a bit unlike God Of War and Horizon.

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf is up with negativity surrounding this game on here. Yeah I know "zombie fatigue" for some but it's like this game offends people for some reason. I have friends who are excited for it and I can't wait to play it but come on here and it's opposite land.

May be a cesspool if it gets a 70 or 80+ from the almighty MetaCritic.

I hope it reviews well just so the detractors can STFU. I'm sure this is selective 'zombie fatigue' because people don't talk shit about Dying Light 2 and they sure as hell wouldn't respond the same if Left 4 Dead 3 was announced.

I mean, there are very few AAA open world zombie games (have to make the AAA distinction because I'm aware there's tons of early access indie zombie games on Steam) so to complain so heavily about one trying to do interesting stuff with systems like weather, physics and AI is kind of baffling to me.