• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Not a slight against Push Square - I read it on a regular basis - but the only upcoming PS4 exclusive with a solid release date getting to the number one spot in a poll conducted by a PlayStation-centric site isn't that much of a surprise. I think there are so many more enticing looking games coming out in 2019 than Days Gone, but hey, opinions and all that.

The Division 2 and Anthem getting in the top ten truly boggles my mind though.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
I cant wait to see this game got everyone by surprise. Have high hope that Bend will delivered.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Exclusive, combined with zombie fatigue even though there aren't many zombie games this gen, combined with bad initial showing combined with people spreading lies that the game has more bad previews/ impressions than positive ones when the only way you'd think that's true is if you were only looking for the negative ones.

Note: Having legit concerns that the game is bad, or thinking it doesn't look good is fine. Saying previews have been mostly negative is not when that's not the case.

which zombie fatigue? there are people buying COD for the zombie mode...i think the zombie fatigue is a myth, what is with RE2 Remake, this is also a zombie game at its core and many people are awaiting that too, same with Dying Light 2

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The SoA vibe it got going will interest a lot of people. If it isn't a technical mess this game will do very well.

I'll be watching it on Twitch for sure. Just as I die with God of War and Spider-man.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Sony are on a roll,GOW and Spider-Man have set this game up for success,people are looking for the next big Sony game and this is it.I hope it delivers,I'll be checking it out for sure.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting.

I may pick it up eventually. But nowadays I just wait... Cause in most open-world games I just play for 15-20 hours and stop cause I can't handle how much stuff they throw at me. I doubt this will be different.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
The game will sell really well and then some people on era will be puzzled as to why in the same way they're always puzzled when a game sells well that they personally didnt want or believe there is no hype for it because of the era bubble.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Good to see some love for Day's Gone. I'm looking forward to the game, I think it looks decent and has potential to be really good, even though I don't think it will be the best PS4 exclusive this gen.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Title is a little misleading. It was voted on by Push Square users, and only needed 284 votes to win. Pretty small sample size and on what is also a notoriously pro-Sony/Playstation user base.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
This feels a bit like another Wildlands situation(to a smaller scale).

Where online people don't really seem to care much about the game, but it ends up selling well/above expectations regardless.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Very excited about this game.

giphy.gif

ScaryGranularFly-max-1mb.gif

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Next year on ResetEra "Days Gone voted Most Disappointing PS4 title of 2019 by Push Square!"

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Interesting. I would've thought it would have been RE2. Days Gone is gonna be huge.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should release a demo. I played one on an event late last year and was impressed with how much fun this game is to play. It's like a TPS meets Dynasty Warriors except you actually have to plan ahead in order to succeed.

TNH

Dec 17, 2017
My casual friend that only plays fifa always ask's when days gone is comming out.he also likes walking dead... Maybe thats why. This game will be fine

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
The game will sell really well and then some people on era will be puzzled as to why in the same way they're always puzzled when a game sells well that they personally didnt want or believe there is no hype for it because of the era bubble.
Remember Venom, Horizon and Ghost Recon?

Samething will happen here.

Jan 9, 2018
Imagine hating on days gone having never played it but being excited for tlou2. I bet some people here hated on tlou when it was an unknown i.p.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I don't know about you but when it comes to zombies games Days Gone is like the exact opposite of RE2 for me.

Whenever I see RE2 I'm always like ''Fuck yeah zombies! Look at the gore system! You can even shoot the zombie's parts off!''

Whenever I see Days Gone I'm like ''Ugh...zombies...why does this look so goddamn boring...''

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't say I'm particularly surprised considering the site.

For me personally it's difficult for me to understand being excited for it especially in comparison with all the other great games coming this year. I thought it looked cool when it was first shown off in what was it 2016? But now it's long since worn off. Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 4 and Remake on Switch and hopefully The Last of Us 2 are enough for me for zombie game purchases this year.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Are these threads ever gonna get some moderation like games this website is hyped up for? No no it's not
I'm not quite getting what people are doing wrong. Expressing their opinion on what the game looks like?
Very excited about this game.

giphy.gif

ScaryGranularFly-max-1mb.gif
This looks quite underwhelming imo. This is coming from someone who has been hyped for many Sony first party titles and has enjoyed zombie games.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I don't know about you but when it comes to zombies games RE2 is like the exact opposite of Days Gone for me.

Whenever I see RE2 I'm always like ''Fuck yeah zombies!''

Whenever I see Days Gone I'm like ''Ugh...zombies...''

Funny, actually, I was talking to my best friend about this and how a portion of the gaming community was worried about Days Gone & RE2 creating a saturating feeling this year along with Dying Light 2 for the zombie category. Especially when we have the rumored "2019" release year for TLOU2. However, with that being said I'm excited for all these games and I'm ready to get my hands on all these games. I hate the typical winter drought / summer drought, so I'm ready to play amazing games.

I don't see what's wrong with people anticipating different games depending on their taste, y'all gotta stop hating. Let gamers enjoy their games man!
(Not directed at you but the thread in general)

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Uh. I admit this game left me quite indifferent. Still, if I was sony I would have pushed more a Siphon Filter reboot than another post apocalyptic setting. Really I don't get it the choice to publish such generic ip.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So the only release date confirmed 2019 exclusive PlayStation game happens to be the most anticipated 2019 PlayStation game from a PlayStation specific fan site.

In other news, Crackdown 3 is the most anticipated Xbox game release of the 15 of February by Timdog

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Full of? I see more people complaining about the thread, to be honest.

I can think for several Days Gone threads where the game is slammed by plenty of people. Of course there are many that like it, but it's not generating that much unanimous buzz and hype here.

Which is why I wouldn't call it an "Era bubble" game.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Uh. I admit this game left me quite indifferent. Still, if I was sony I would have pushed more a Siphon Filter reboot than another post apocalyptic setting. Really I don't get it the choice to publish such generic ip.

I feel like a lot of people with this "generic IP" take are gonna be the same people who will be thankful for Days Gone existing assuming two things
  1. The Last of Us doesn't get a third sequel
  2. Days Gone has a post credit scene or something that sets up a sequel.
Because if there's no third TLOU, everyone's going to want another zombie game and Days Gone will be the game people flock to in order to get that "fix" that they need, but that's just my opinion.