• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nice, it's good to hear that they found an adhesive that won't fuck up the Switch's paint.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, it's good to hear that they found an adhesive that won't fuck up the Switch's paint.
I'm surprised it took them this long. Both Slickwraps and DecalGirl have figured it out last year... Though dbrand quality is well beyond theirs from my experience.

Damn, the carbon fiber and dragon colors are so good.

I really, really like the marble.
pmcwzYG.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
The all-marble set is soooo tempting. I wish I didn't suck at putting stickers on straight or without bubbles. D:
Wow that marble skin is so sexy. Can I trust myself to put that on properly?

I think you guys should be alright for putting these on. Unlike screen protectors you can gently lift them off to reposition if you place it crooked or something. They release video tutorials that are very easy to follow for every product.

Good god this is WICKED! Tell me there's red pleaaaseee

Unfortunately there's no red marble. Only carbon fiber red, red dragon, and true colour red. Any mix of white and red or black and red should look slick tho

Dec 18, 2017
I already have a Breath of the Wild one on my Switch. And I'm too scared to take it off. Does dbrand make good Switch skins? I in particular like something colourful and girly.

I don't suppose it's a good idea to put a skin on top of a skin? It doesn't sound like a good idea.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
I already have a Breath of the Wild one on my Switch. And I'm too scared to take it off. Does dbrand make good Switch skins? I in particular like something colourful and girly.

I don't suppose it's a good idea to put a skin on top of a skin? It doesn't sound like a good idea.
dbrand's skins are pretty much industry leading in quality. They go on well and stay on well. Their fits are pretty much precision cut, so they won't fit on top of another skin.
I click on the link and there's a warning not to use switch skins?
That's from the launch of the Switch. They originally planned to launch skins but their adhesive damaged the paint. They now have new adhesive that doesn't damage it and will be releasing skins later this week.

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
When I get my Switch (most likely summer) I won't have to bother in the looks. I'm sorry but looks wise the Switch it's pretty awful.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Literally just ordered a dbrand for my S9+ mainly just to avoid scratches while it's in a case.

Was thinking about getting it for Switch too, but saw they weren't making it, so it's cool they fixed it.

Does anyone know if other brands like Decalgirl have Switch safe adhesive on theirs? I really like some of their Retro console designs (there's a really good purple gamecube one).

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they had more skin options. FWIW I have the new camo on my iPhone X and it's great

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
They getting into everything in tech huh. I swear I see a dband ad on every tech youtuber's videos.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I can't recommend dbrand enough. I've used one of their dragonskin skins on my Galaxy S8 basically since I got it in August and it's still stuck on perfectly. The first skin I got from them was for my OG PS4. I covered the glossy corner with the mahogany skin and it looked amazing.
6XE6mkq.png

I'm thinking of doing that again for my Pro, just on the bottom layer. The only concern I have is that they show the grain going vertically instead of horizontally, and I think it'd look much better if they cut the skin horizontally. I might contact customer support and ask if they can do anything about that.
6XVtRlN.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
DbG1YbXXUAApWUK.jpg:large

Skins are now available!

You can get a 2 pack of tempered glass screens for $9.95 from them, as well as the dock now being split into two sets of stickers: Accents and face

Certain skins are missing, though. No marble yet. :(

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Weird they limited the choices compared to other products. Anyone pull the trigger?