• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This wasnt Lobdell's fault at all, this time (although he is to blame for the shitty dialog). Benjamin Percy was supposed to be writing this story and left randomly part of the way through. But this is totally a Didio decision.

The rumors that he hates the legacy characters have to be true after this and the HiC deaths.
latest

I can't hate Didio, one he allowed this to happen. And 2 he doesn't care for Cassandara Cain. The man has some good points

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I can't accept this, if this is rammed through then it's only a matter of time before they come for Dick Ryder.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They really, really should have just called him Richard or Rick.

"Ric" makes him sound like some trust-fund dweeb who likes to brag about his watch collection on Instagram.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Do they really think that people are gonna just accept this?

They might as well change Superman's name to Mark Kent. It's just not gonna stick.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Bruce was changed to David in the hulk tv show because Bruce was considered a homosexual name?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure how you get 'Dick' from 'Richard' anyway, unless you ask him really nicely

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the plus side, DC is letting Bendis create a new Young Justice comic featuring all of the classic team. Using Tim Drake Robin, not this Ric douche.

OP
OP
Vic_Viper

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I can't hate Didio, one he allowed this to happen. And 2 he doesn't care for Cassandara Cain. The man has some good points

No sir, I will never give that man props.

Would much rather have Johns just take the reigns, but he probably makes way too much money to accept the position.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems dumb...what about kids who are actually called Dick and like the fact there's a superhero who share the same name as them?

It won't stick as well good luck trying to get it to stick with the fans.

Remember when Bruce was changed to David in the hulk tv show because Bruce was considered a homosexual name?

I remember watching that, it was dumb reason.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
They just don't want to deal with the negative connotations anymore

Next up: DC Comics gets renamed to RC Comics

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I think this is a good thing, because lord knows we need a badass, take no prisoners Robin....oh wait we have TWO.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't just because he has amnesia or is it a permanent change? Terrible either way.