• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta check this out. Not a big DC fan, but my coworker's bro worked there, so I would read all his major story arcs and graphic novels. What I wouldn't give for a Kingdom Come adaptation sometime.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao at CW getting to it before the actual films
I actually prefer a TV show doing this over the films to be honest. It would take far to long for films to get to this point. A TV shows, and multiple TV shows at that, can better build up to this. I just hope they give them a significant budget. I'd fully take them shorting all the seasons a few episodes just to pump more money into this and it should be more then three nights. Make it 5 days or if it's three make them extra long episodes. I think that's good given the length of the actual COIE story.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Hah, these fuckers. They get a slow clap and an approving nod from me.
From the moment I saw the ending of the Flash pilot, I knew they were crazy enough to go there.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Curious how broad their scope will be in terms of how many characters they'll incorporate. Many heroes tend to die during DC's crisis events.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've got to imagine if they're announcing it this early then CW has probably already approved the budget for it as well.

I'm curious if they try to do low key the rest of this year's shows to back cash for COIE

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to process that they are doing it. Like it's so crazy, but we might get one earth with all the heroes instead of supergirl being on earth-39 or whatever.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the thing that will involve Smallville?
It really should at this point. I think Welling signaled he wouldn't be against playing Clark again at this point. For something this big I think they likely could get him to play ball and finally put the suit on fully. Same with Michael Rosenbaum as Lex I think. Both know how how big of a deal this story would be.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Just remember this was all started from a newspaper in the very first episode of The Flash.
It all started with Oliver Queen getting sunk on the Queen's Gambit :P

I've got to imagine if they're announcing it this early then CW has probably already approved the budget for it as well.

I'm curious if they try to do low key the rest of this year's shows to back cash for COIE
I bet the CGI guys are already planning in advance. They prepare for the really intensive CGI like Grodd and King Shark in advance and work on them when they have any spare time.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It really should at this point. I think Welling signaled he wouldn't be against playing Clark again at this point. For something this big I think they likely could get him to play ball and finally put the suit on fully. Same with Michael Rosenbaum as Lex I think. Both know how how big of a deal this story would be.
I don't think he has to suit up if he doesn't want to. Just a cameo of Clark in the red shirt blue jeans will already be hype enough.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man. Would've been nice to have this not spoiled for me when I get to watch the episode in three hours.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
At this rate, they could possibly do Bruce Wayne proper within the year. This is crazy.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Literally no reason to not get at least a small Routh Superman cameo now.

If there was any single story to pull that off in, this is it.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
A bit out of topic but how is elseworld crossover? I heard the early reaction was a bit unconvincing and tended to be bad. But how's the real result? Is it any good? Please no important plot spoiler but im a bit late behind

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Fuck all that "No Black Lightning" shit. I'm usually on board with that feeling, but this is CoIE. All hands on deck.

Shit, bring in the DCU Titans and Doom Patrol if possible. Fuck my shit up, Berlanti.

They have.
They have batwoman (Kate Kane) so it's Gotham, just minus Batman.
He means the TV show "Gotham" lol

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
A bit out of topic but how is elseworld crossover? I heard the early reaction was a bit unconvincing and tended to be bad. But how's the real result? Is it any good? Please no important plot spoiler but im a bit late behind

Part 3 was a bit meh, but the first two are really good and quite funny. The smaller group of people allows the interaction between Kara,Oliver, and Barry to really shine.

Part 3 was saved because of the ending and the resulting announcement of crisis.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck all that "No Black Lightning" shit. I'm usually on board with that feeling, but this is CoIE. All hands on deck.

Shit, bring in the DCU Titans and Doom Patrol if possible. Fuck my shit up, Berlanti.

Yeah, they should definitely throw the DCU characters in at least for brief cameos. Swamp Thing and Stargirl should be up and running by then, in addition to Titans and Doom Patrol.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Shit is going to be so cheesy on that CW budget and Vancouver only shooting. Still, I'll watch.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This is how they bring Supergirl over to the same earth as Arrow and The Flash!

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I wonder if WB would let them have a "one night only" pass to use Batman for this.

Yeah, they should definitely throw the DCU characters in at least for brief cameos. Swamp Thing and Stargirl should be up and running by then, in addition to Titans and Doom Patrol.
They got a year to figure this out re: contracts, scheduling, etc. Imagine if they can somehow work in all this:

Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Black Lightning, Batwoman, Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Stargirl, and references and cameos to past DC TV projects like Smallville and Gotham

Then end with it all being folded into a new Earth. Shit. Be snarky as you want about budgets or cheese or whatever, but that shit would be FLAMES.