• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've had no desire to watch any of the existing shows this season, but I'm pretty excited for Black Lightning next year.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just go back and time and make sure it doesn't happen

fry_squinting.gif

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! There you are ZeroX!
(Even though I'm the one who got to register later lol)

Monday felt so wrong without the live watching.

Last edited:

RainerDrix

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
I'm enjoying the new shows this season (however I don't really watch SuperGirl). Legends might be my favorite so far. I'm hoping they add Wally there maybe? The Flash really doesn't need multiple speedsters at the same time.

Also is there a DC Era Discord? I'd like to join up

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The glorious Gotham sharing the spotlight with the CW DC shows?

This truly is a new era we've achieved!
I love DC TV, alas work schedule now prevents me from watching live with the community D=

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I think that I like that you merged all these shows in one OT. Although it remains to be seen how functional it'll be. If I'm gonna drop all of the CW shows and only watch Gotham there'll be a lot of clutter to get through just to hit the proper discussion in the thread as I don't view live. That said, I'm willing to give it a go.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The new flash ep was beyond awful. They went too full tilt into awkward comedy it felt so... wrong.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that one trailer for Justice League for The Flash and damn is that Flash powerful.

vta9luyf9qtz.gif

Puts our Barry to shame :sadbarry:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Well both killed metahumans/parademons, lol. In that gif he literally explodes a parademon and our Barry has killed a couple of Metahumans.

Darkest Timeline indeed.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
This week's flash was fine. I didn't mind the slightly more comedic tone because it actually worked and felt like a fun episode and not overly dour or anything.

If anything Hazard was a good meta that mostly avoided the "why not just run after them" act break, because she could mess things up enough or keep Barry's hands tied in some manner. It wasn't perfect by any means but I feel like I'd prefer this kind of episode over nearly anything in S3.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see a general thread so I don't have to switch topics anymore. Flash/Legends were both pretty good last night, Mick continues to be the most fun thing about Legends

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Latest Flash was really cool during the last part. The season is ok so far, but I appreciate them trying new things. I really hope the bad guy doesn't disappoint.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This week's flash was fine. I didn't mind the slightly more comedic tone because it actually worked and felt like a fun episode and not overly dour or anything.

If anything Hazard was a good meta that mostly avoided the "why not just run after them" act break, because she could mess things up enough or keep Barry's hands tied in some manner. It wasn't perfect by any means but I feel like I'd prefer this kind of episode over nearly anything in S3.
I don't mind them lightening things up because the show badly needed that but the way they're going about it was too awkward. Like the scenes with Wells or the wedding stuff. I mean there were some legit moments within those scenes that made me laugh like wells hitting himself and Cisco laughing but then they'd do the odd thing where wells would talk really weird for his character.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This opening scene at the laser tag was funny.

Also lol at Wally catching an L by cube. They cutting costs on the show?

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hooold up, pregnant? I though she was at least late 40s. Do we really need this in the series, another kid? C'mon now.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Writing Wally out after setting him up as the successor to the Flash all last season was an interesting choice. I don't know if it's a good one, but Keynan's acting is pretty hit or miss so I can't exactly say I'll miss him dearly now that he's gone. I guess this is their way of avoiding the "you have three goddamn speedsters, how are you so bad at this hero stuff" question altogether - just get rid of every speedster that isn't Barry.

Also: Cavanagh is playing Harry...differently. Harry was a lot darker and more intense in S2 and S3, and this version feels off somehow. The way the other characters treat him is like it's still old Harry, but something about Cavanagh's performance doesn't feel like the same character. I'm not sure if it's just the shift in tone talking or if Tom is doing it on purpose for some reason, but it feels too distinct and too deliberate to be an oversight or poor directing.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm really not digging the Time Bureau morons on Legends. Like, I don't know if they're supposed to be funny, but they aren't funny.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Did Joe stroke out at the end or what? Dude's just staring off into the ether...