• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing. I actually wouldn't mind them starting to sunset a couple of the shows and work toward a live-action Justice League kind of thing with a revolving cast.

Legends can stay forever, though.
I'm still hoping they'll go with a live action JL Unlimited show once they start cancelling Arrow/Flash/SG.

Agreed on the Legends though, don't take them away.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The FIgureheads/Mascots for these Franchises, always big-screen... never little screen... Lois and Clark was a bit of an outlier.

Adventures of Superman...Superboy...Lois and Clark...even, ugh, Smallville. Superman is no stranger to the small screen at all, friend.

Now Batman? Yeah, Adam West's show was an outlier.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adventures of Superman...Superboy...Lois and Clark...even, ugh, Smallville. Superman is no stranger to the small screen at all, friend.

Now Batman? Yeah, Adam West's show was an outlier.
Smallville doesn't really count, because the show literally is built on the premise... everything BEFORE he becomes Superman... so once he became him, then the show had to end.

They don't want a long-running series with Supes because he deserves better for being a long lasting enduring icon

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smallville doesn't really count, because the show literally is built on the premise... everything BEFORE he becomes Superman... so once he became him, then the show had to end.

They don't want a long-running series with Supes because he deserves better for being a long lasting enduring icon

Seasons 6-10 were pretty much a Superman tv series in all but name.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

I knew the "doesn't really count" thing would be thrown in, but that shit ran for a decade.

And anyway, "better" wouldn't be a movie because films aren't the best format for serial characters like superheroes.

If Cavill isn't being used for a film and you've got no Superman replacement...a show would be a good idea. Just...not on CW, and if so by a crew more like Black Lightning's than the other series.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GOTHAM is the same way... it's a prequel, but once we get actual Batman (if we get him at all), the show is done... and it's already going to be finished in half a season.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham has proven if they wanted they could do a Batman TV show much better than any of the films. I don't know about the writing, but the set and costume design of that series is pitch-perfect.
Yup,
and if Gotham writing isn't your thing just picture something original like Prometheus

The only thing tv has trouble with is suits at times and a good Batmobile sequence is probably not an option but personally I wouldn't care.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
So my current theory on the crossover: Ollie-Flash and Barry-Arrow are our Oliver and Barry, not AU versions. I'm predicting that the crossover involves the fabric of reality being in peril, and one of the results is the world changing around the heroes. At some point in the adventure, Oliver and Barry will suddenly find themselves in each other's suits with each other's skills.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not any worse than something like their Mr. Freeze.
His first and current suit were actually pretty good. The one with the football shoulder pads was awful

gotham-mr-freeze-exclusive.jpg

wFT30vsg.jpg