• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I swear they always seem to say the right things in these interviews/articles, that they'll improve, then the season happens and then it's the same ol' shit all over again.
Youre right. Is this anew person behind the show? I remember them saying the same shit with cicada, it was clear they were supposed to deal with him before hand but it was so dragged out. I want the show to be good and I have some little faith.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when they said they learned their lesson and Flash was going to be fun and lighthearted again only for them to put Barry in jail and basically introduce Ralph to eventually "kill" by possession and have the bigbad kill a bunch of interesting metas including 2 great likeable ones.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Remember when they said they learned their lesson and Flash was going to be fun and lighthearted again only for them to put Barry in jail and basically introduce Ralph to eventually "kill" by possession and have the bigbad kill a bunch of interesting metas including 2 great likeable ones.
Yeah them saying that S4 would be fun was a real head scratcher

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks. I'm going to be late watching everything for the foreseeable future due to Directv not being able to carry The CW. Have to watch everything the next day on the website.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I could try an antenna again. I tired it several years ago and the reception was not at all good in the area I was in. Guess I try something newer and try again.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So I bowed out of the Arrowverse shows a few years ago -- I'd watched Arrow S1-4, Flash S1-3, S1 of Supergirl and Legends, and the Invasion crossover. But it was getting too be too many shows per week to follow, and I wasn't really enjoying them all that much by that point (Arrow had fallen off hard from the heights of S1 and 2, Flash wasn't as good as its first season either, Supergirl was ok, Legends felt mediocre and I was tired of all the shit with Hawks) to keep up.

But all the Crisis hype has gotten me interested again, so I've decided to watch a couple things -- the S2 premiere of Supergirl for the introduction of Superman + the two crossovers I missed, Crisis on Earth-X and Elseworlds -- to get sort of up to speed. And I've been able to follow things generally well; Supergirl obviously picked up exactly where I'd left off, and Earth-X did not feel all that removed from where I'd last seen things in the other shows, with the exception of some lineup changes among the Legends. And both were fun too, reminding me of both things I liked about these shows and things that ultimately pushed me away from (e.g. Oliver and Felicity going on about marriage, or lack thereof, in the middle of a siege from parallel universe Nazis lol).

But now I've started Elseworlds, and things have clearly jumped ahead more a few more steps that are less familiar to me, so wondering if anyone could help bring me up to speed on a couple things...
  • Barry has a daughter from the future who, according to the intro, has come back, changed the present and now opened up new threats? She doesn't seem that relevant here as she wasn't in this first episode, but curious about what the larger role here is...
  • Last I saw Oliver he and Felicity were getting married in the park. Felicity isn't here now (and I'm assuming they're not together since Oliver mentions waking up in bed with Iris after the swap, but Barry doesn't say the same about Felicity) so I'm wondering what happened there?
  • Probably dovetailing with that is the mention of Oliver/Barry being mayor, but also going to jail and Oliver cutting a deal with the FBI to...go to jail? If I have that right. Which I think he was also hiding from Felicity, and she got mad about after learning it...I guess that would be why they're not together now?
  • Who is this third guy hanging around with Cisco and Caitlin at Star Labs now? Nobody even said his name.
  • What's with Wells now, who is...French? Haitian? Is this another parallel Wells for this season of Flash, or is this a consequence of the reality altering happening here?
This first ep was fun though. Playing "Somebody Save Me" during the cut to Earth-38 and the Kent farm (which seems like the exact same barn from Smallville right?) was cute, although it initially threw me for a second because now that I know Welling will be back for COIE, it made me think he was about to appear here too, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
So I bowed out of the Arrowverse shows a few years ago -- I'd watched Arrow S1-4, Flash S1-3, S1 of Supergirl and Legends, and the Invasion crossover. But it was getting too be too many shows per week to follow, and I wasn't really enjoying them all that much by that point (Arrow had fallen off hard from the heights of S1 and 2, Flash wasn't as good as its first season either, Supergirl was ok, Legends felt mediocre and I was tired of all the shit with Hawks) to keep up.

But all the Crisis hype has gotten me interested again, so I've decided to watch a couple things -- the S2 premiere of Supergirl for the introduction of Superman + the two crossovers I missed, Crisis on Earth-X and Elseworlds -- to get sort of up to speed. And I've been able to follow things generally well; Supergirl obviously picked up exactly where I'd left off, and Earth-X did not feel all that removed from where I'd last seen things in the other shows, with the exception of some lineup changes among the Legends. And both were fun too, reminding me of both things I liked about these shows and things that ultimately pushed me away from (e.g. Oliver and Felicity going on about marriage, or lack thereof, in the middle of a siege from parallel universe Nazis lol).

But now I've started Elseworlds, and things have clearly jumped ahead more a few more steps that are less familiar to me, so wondering if anyone could help bring me up to speed on a couple things...
  • Barry has a daughter from the future who, according to the intro, has come back, changed the present and now opened up new threats? She doesn't seem that relevant here as she wasn't in this first episode, but curious about what the larger role here is...
  • Last I saw Oliver he and Felicity were getting married in the park. Felicity isn't here now (and I'm assuming they're not together since Oliver mentions waking up in bed with Iris after the swap, but Barry doesn't say the same about Felicity) so I'm wondering what happened there?
  • Probably dovetailing with that is the mention of Oliver/Barry being mayor, but also going to jail and Oliver cutting a deal with the FBI to...go to jail? If I have that right. Which I think he was also hiding from Felicity, and she got mad about after learning it...I guess that would be why they're not together now?
  • Who is this third guy hanging around with Cisco and Caitlin at Star Labs now? Nobody even said his name.
  • What's with Wells now, who is...French? Haitian? Is this another parallel Wells for this season of Flash, or is this a consequence of the reality altering happening here?
This first ep was fun though. Playing "Somebody Save Me" during the cut to Earth-38 and the Kent farm (which seems like the exact same barn from Smallville right?) was cute, although it initially threw me for a second because now that I know Welling will be back for COIE, it made me think he was about to appear here too, haha.

It is a new Wells, the other guy at Star Labs is Ralph Dibny(The Elongated Man)

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

• His daughter has no role in the Elseworlds crossover at all
  • After Oliver got out of prison he and Felicity got mad at each other for reasons; just keep watching Elseworlds they explain it more I think.
  • see above
  • Ralph Dibny, Elongated Man. New addition to the show since season 4.
  • Sherloque Wells, a detective from another earth

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
original.gif

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say, one thing I didn't like about the Earth-X crossover -- and was just baffled by really -- is the way Barry corners Thawne at the end and then...lets him go? This man killed his mother, ruined his father's life, ruined Barry's life, killed the real Wells and a ton of other people along the way, and was on the precipice of killing more of Barry's friends (and ending the world on top of that), and Barry's thought after finally pinning this guy down is..."Get out of here." Come on!

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
That's how I remembered it, but when Harry appeared in the Earth-X crossover (which I think overlapped with Flash S4? the first season I'd not seen) I figured maybe they were just reverting back to using him again.

Yeah, Harry got re-used. The Wells's were:

Season 1: Eobarde Thawne disguised as Wells
Season 2: Harry (Earth-2 Physicist Wells)
Season 3: H.R. (Earth-19 P.R. guy Wells)
Season 4: Harry again, Thawne in the crossover
Season 5: Sherloque (Earth-221 French detective Wells) and also Thawne

Plus various cameo versions of Wells in the Season 3 "Wells Auditions" and the Councils of Wells, and appearances by past Wells in time travel episodes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Those set pics make me so sad that they fired Routh. I'm glad he's being a good sport about it but I wish they didn't just cut him and Courtney loose the way they did. Damn it. :(

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ahahahaha that clip of flash asking Godspeed who he is and it's just this most random noise

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I quit these shows some two years ago I think, but that coming crossover had me looking back into it.

I think I'm gonna check out Batwoman and see how it goes. And I for sure want to finish up Legends of Tomorrow S3 and S4.

With Arrow finishing up I'm not sure if I wanna binge S6 and S7, but S5 was a really good return to form.

I really would have liked The Flash because of all the timeline shenanigans and I absolutely love the cast, but nope, I'm not getting back into this one, especially since all I've heard is that it remains a very mediocre show that never reaches the highs of S1.

Oh yeah, I think I should get through Crisis on Earth X and Elseworlds first.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With Arrow finishing up I'm not sure if I wanna binge S6 and S7

You don't

And I for sure want to finish up Legends of Tomorrow S3 and S4.

You do

I really would have liked The Flash because of all the timeline shenanigans and I absolutely love the cast, but nope, I'm not getting back into this one, especially since all I've heard is that it remains a very mediocre show that never reaches the highs of S1.

Pretty much

Crisis in particular was excellent

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I quit these shows some two years ago I think, but that coming crossover had me looking back into it.

I think I'm gonna check out Batwoman and see how it goes. And I for sure want to finish up Legends of Tomorrow S3 and S4.

With Arrow finishing up I'm not sure if I wanna binge S6 and S7, but S5 was a really good return to form.

You should, there all great and enjoyable. Might get frustrating at points but they have a lot of high points with great payoffs.