• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Here's a video of a bunch of actors from every current DC TV show (and every CW show too I think?) saying happy birthday to Batman:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Guess it's replacing Arrow. Probably won't watch, but hopefully it's a good watch for the people who do!

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Excited about Batwoman. Really like Ruby Rose, so I'm hoping the show turns out fun. And hope it's able to crossover with Supergirl more than once a year. I liked Kara & Kate's chemistry.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
CW announced their fall schedule. Batwoman taking the lead on Sundays, Arrow moving to Tuesdays after Flash (where presumably Legends will take over after midseason). This is going to be an odd crossover though, Legends is confirmed part of it (by the recent Flash episode), but might not be airing. That means they could potentially kill anyone off in advance of the next season.

MONDAY
8 pm All American (new night)
9 pm Black Lightning

TUESDAY
8 pm The Flash
9 pm Arrow (new night)

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Riverdale
9 pm NANCY DREW

THURSDAY
8 pm Supernatural
9 pm Legacies

FRIDAY
8 pm Charmed (new night)
9 pm Dynasty (new time slot)

SUNDAY
8 pm BATWOMAN
9 pm Supergirl (new time slot)

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Sunday's could be awesome if Supergirl carries this season's momentum into next year & Batwoman delivers. Excited about Arrow & Flash teaming up together as well

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Still catching up with the CW stuff but I am nearly done. I think I am only 2-3 weeks behind in all the shows. Legends is still the best. Arrow got worse after Oliver got out of prison. Nora and Cicada are annoying as hell. Supergirl is okay.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Deathstroke animated series coming to CW Seed according to reports from the upfronts. Bennett not confirmed to be returning or not.

EDIT - More info

Last edited:

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good
Much better than Gotham's disaster
orSAGR4.jpg

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Rank the finales people

Legends > Arrow > Flash. All three were pretty good even if their seasons weren't, they were all full of unabashed emotion. They hit hard this year. 3/3 on tears from me.

I still haven't caught up on Supergirl but honestly it's not that hard to watch this season, Lex is incredible

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supergirl > Black Lightning > Legends > Arrow > Flash

Honestly the ending of arrow alone could elevate it above Legends tbh

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is hard to rank the finales, as they have been all quite good. Even The Flash had a good-ish finale after a weak season.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished LoT's finale, good finale but doesn't change my overall order.

Supergirl > Legends of Tomorrow > Black Lightning >> Arrow >> The Flash

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's so weird seeing so much praise for Supergirl this season. I'm not watching it, but I'm glad it's doing well!

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It's so weird seeing so much praise for Supergirl this season. I'm not watching it, but I'm glad it's doing well!
I've got like four episodes left. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still only up to like latter Flash tier. This season is basically propped up by having not 1, not 2 but 3 top tier villains.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got like four episodes left. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still only up to like latter Flash tier. This season is basically propped up by having not 1, not 2 but 3 top tier villains.

Eh, I'd say since episode one this season of Supergirl has been heads and shoulders more consistent than the other trinity shows.

Supergirl even stuck the landing by having all the different plot lines come together in a way that felt satisfying.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Eh, I'd say since episode one this season of Supergirl has been heads and shoulders more consistent than the other trinity shows.
The problem with Supergirl is after three seasons I still didn't really give a fuck about the main characters, and season four didn't do much to change that. Good villains can't save three years of badwill. Kara is a well acted but not particularly compelling lead, Alex hasn't been interesting since Maggie, Mon-El is gone, James is awful, Brainy and Nia are okay. Lena? Colonel Haley? There's only so many times they can coast on David Harewood carrying them with emotional scenes.

Like I would rather watch any of the villains win than the good guys.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Supergirl.

Finale rankings:

Legends > Supergirl > Black Lightning > Flash > Arrow

------

Current Season Rankings:

Legends > Supergirl > Black Lightning > Flash > Arrow

As someone that initially had no intention of watching Supergirl S4 to begin with, I'm still quite shocked that Supergirl not only finally had its first good season, but that its also in a close 2nd place for both rankings, largely due to having the best villains this time around compared to all of the other shows. (Black Lightning's Tobias aside) Between the two, I still give the edge to Legends because I genuinely love the cast. Also it's just much better at earning its emotional depth. (and humor)

Supergirl was definitely the most consistent in what it set out to do, but I continue to be more partial to Legends' zany ambitiousness. It can be uneven at times, but when they nail it, they really fucking nail it (Legends of To-Meow-Meow is a perfect example of this), and I can't really say the same for any individual episode from this season of Supergirl.

Kara is a well acted but not particularly compelling lead

This definitely sums her up to a tee. The casting itself is great, but in terms of being genuinely invested in her struggles and such... meh.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that's an issue with a lot of the Superfamily tbh.

A big issue with the writing is they will give a genuinely interesting challenge to her own status quo, but they never really dig deep into it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that's an issue with a lot of the Superfamily tbh.

A big issue with the writing is they will give a genuinely interesting challenge to her own status quo, but they never really dig deep into it.

Yea, like with this season, her sister is made to forget that she's Supergirl, she's basically fired from the DEO, and the world turns against her due to being framed. While those made for good moments at the time, none of them really felt like a big deal after the fact.

Did Arrow fall off a cliff? I haven't watched since the season break but it was vastly better than Flash when I did.

The season pretty much goes downhill once Oliver breaks out of prison. Since that, the season feels largely aimless, and it never truly shakes that feeling.

Honestly the ending of arrow alone could elevate it above Legends tbh

That requires me to actually still be invested in Olicity tho

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Arrow has figured out how to avoid dropping back to S3/4 quality and pull out of bad plot lines in a way that Supergirl and especially Flash just haven't mastered. Legends hasn't really gone wrong since S2 except for Mona. When Legends figured their baggage - the Hawkpeople - could literally just fly away, it felt so freeing. They just need to cut Mona and maybe like Charlie and they'll be fine again.

Also the Supergirl/Kara hidden identity is infuriating at this point. It's so reliant on everybody being absolutely fucking stupid. Like I can't take anyone who doesn't realize seriously. It would work if they just kept it as a background gag and the main cast all knew but it's a major plot point.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
The Nora/Thawne plot would've worked a lot better if Cicada had been a decent villain. It's tough to do season-long villains in hero shows, if only because each episode generally needs to see the good guys win/survive.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'll defend Clark/Kara having a secret identity to my dying breath.
It works if they do it properly

In Supergirl it's just fucking absurd. Like they'll turn around and Kara's turned into Supergirl and they look exactly the same but the person will be like "I'm a scientific genius, where'd Kara go???" Bless Lex for knowing, but there's no good justification for Lena and Alex being that dense. God that mind wipe was dumb.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
The Nora/Thawne plot would've worked a lot better if Cicada had been a decent villain. It's tough to do season-long villains in hero shows, if only because each episode generally needs to see the good guys win/survive.
Which is why they need to watch Gotham and take notes. Season 2, 3 and 4 were fantastic.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It works if they do it properly

In Supergirl it's just fucking absurd. Like they'll turn around and Kara's turned into Supergirl and they look exactly the same but the person will be like "I'm a scientific genius, where'd Kara go???" Bless Lex for knowing, but there's no good justification for Lena and Alex being that dense. God that mind wipe was dumb.

I honestly hate Lex knowing, him knowing is the only thing keep cryer from being the perfect Lex.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Legends > Black Lightning > Supergirl > Arrow > The Flash in terms of season endings.

Legends > Black Lightning > The Flash > Supergirl > Arrow in terms of overall season. Supergirl and Arrow are last because I skipped out on most on the season and didn't see all the shit that happened.