• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I quit these shows some two years ago I think, but that coming crossover had me looking back into it.

I think I'm gonna check out Batwoman and see how it goes. And I for sure want to finish up Legends of Tomorrow S3 and S4.

With Arrow finishing up I'm not sure if I wanna binge S6 and S7, but S5 was a really good return to form.

I really would have liked The Flash because of all the timeline shenanigans and I absolutely love the cast, but nope, I'm not getting back into this one, especially since all I've heard is that it remains a very mediocre show that never reaches the highs of S1.

Oh yeah, I think I should get through Crisis on Earth X and Elseworlds first.
I just watched Crisis on Earth X and Elseworlds over the past week, after dropping out of the Arrowverse shows about 3 years ago, and it was pretty easy to keep up with them despite having missed several seasons across all four shows. I get the feeling that the crossovers are relatively self-contained stories anyway.

It's changed my mind a bit about watching Arrow S8. Originally I was going to, despite not seeing 5-7, because it's the final season and its short and it leads into COIE. But if Crisis ends up being as relatively self-contained as the other crossovers have been, maybe it's not necessary.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I just watched Crisis on Earth X and Elseworlds over the past week, after dropping out of the Arrowverse shows about 3 years ago, and it was pretty easy to keep up with them despite having missed several seasons across all four shows. I get the feeling that the crossovers are relatively self-contained stories anyway.

It's changed my mind a bit about watching Arrow S8. Originally I was going to, despite not seeing 5-7, because it's the final season and its short and it leads into COIE. But if Crisis ends up being as relatively self-contained as the other crossovers have been, maybe it's not necessary.
Watch season 5.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I saw your post on the last page, and it got me thinking I could do something similar.

I've seen:
Arrow S1-S5
The Flash S1-S3
Legends of Tomorrow S1-S3.5
Supergirl S1-S2

I'll just do Earth X, Elseworlds and Legends S3-S4.

I agree with this. It's worth it, and was a return to form. I honestly think S2 and S5 are the best seasons of Arrow.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017

Arrow season 8 is basically gonna be Crisis: Prelude and not really Arrow, so I would watch it if I were you.

But I'm a crazy person who watches all these shows.

Oct 25, 2017
They couldn't possibly try to pull the "Keaton Batman is from Earth-90" card...

Could they?
I mean it would fit.
90s Flash definitely had that Batman 89 vibe, he even had an Elfman theme.

I wonder if Birds of Prey is the same earth though considering it was based mostly on Burton Batman.
latest

latest

latest

Last edited:

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I know they said they can't use Williams Superman Theme.

But Elfman's batman theme is going to played at some point during this crossover right, Like it has to be.

I wonder what else they are keeping hidden.

Edit: OH, so that is how they are going to connect Birds of Prey to it all.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I saw that photo earlier but just thought that the cool thing was that they went further with the whole Wayne connection in the Arrowverse. Didn't realize until now that that's fucking Keaton!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

This is interesting.

Oh shit

I know they said they can't use Williams Superman Theme.

But Elfman's batman theme is going to played at some point during this crossover right, Like it has to be.

I wonder what else they are keeping hidden.

Edit: OH, so that is how they are going to connect Birds of Prey to it all.

Was Birds of Prey supposed to be part of the Burton/Schumacher continuity?

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017

I honestly don't know. I think they took a lot of their influence from Burton films. But, They announced that they had casted Ashley Scott who played Helena Kyle in the Crossover, and I guess that newspaper is the way they are weaving it into the overall multi-verse.

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't directly fit but is extremely inspired by it.
Catwoman is the unique Returns version(blonde, metahuman and everything)
Batman is in the first Forever suit
Joker wasn't dead
Barbara Gordon was Batgirl vs Alfred's niece.
etc.

Hamill Joker voice though

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It could just be a Brandon Routh Superman situation, where KC Supes looks like Returns Supes but is not the same character/universe.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Is DiscussingFilm a reliable source?

I don't think the Crisis wants any of that smoke tho. Based on the comics hierarchy..... Monitors ain't got nothing on Lucifer, but because of how Lucifer has been portrayed on TV maybe they do.