• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You had a good run, Ray. You will be missed.

tenor.gif

WAIT he's not even staying for the season finale??

giphy.gif

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Dang that sucks I loved Ray, he was really funny and positive. I wonder why they did it. Also dude never got the upgrade Cisco promised him.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Dang that sucks I loved Ray, he was really funny and positive. I wonder why they did it. Also dude never got the upgrade Cisco promised him.
I think bringing in Ryan Choi did it. Hard to justify two atoms on one team. And I'm guessing they felt it was organic to write him and his wife out. Hopefully they get a happy ending.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't imagine Ryan Choi interacting with the cast as well as Ray did. Brandon Routh has such good charisma that he can get along with any character. I'm going to miss him so much.

I guess I just don't have much faith in the writing team so as to integrating Ryan Choi in an "organic" manner.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't imagine Ryan Choi interacting with the cast as well as Ray did. Brandon Routh has such good charisma that he can get along with any character. I'm going to miss him so much.

I guess I just don't have much faith in the writing team so as to integrating Ryan Choi in an "organic" manner.

Agreed. The show didn't really need a different Atom.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I do wonder how much Routh got paid, though. I'm assuming the budget for this season and beyond is what is dictating the lineup.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't expect him to leave so fast. Come on CW, surprise us, reveal he is getting fire because you're doing a Kingdom Come Superman show. Or The Adventures of the Fairy Godmother.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't really see the point when Supergirl's a thing, even if the actor playing him is pretty charming

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I still don't really see the point when Supergirl's a thing, even if the actor playing him is pretty charming
I don't see the point of Green Arrow and the Canaries when Batwoman is a thing but here we are. It, like I assume the other, is going to have a different dynamic than Supergirl with him and Lois being parents.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the point of Green Arrow and the Canaries when Batwoman is a thing but here we are. It, like I assume the other, is going to have a different dynamic than Supergirl with him and Lois being parents.

Well yea, I don't see the point in that show either.

Not that I really blame em for jumping to make a Superman show I guess, but I would've went with some other superhero, something fresh

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Superman and Lois seems like a slightly more justifiable show than The Canaries but it definitely skews very similar. Neither seem like full season shows but if they want to cancel Supergirl then go ahead. Even after S4 it's still the weakest show.

can you imagine if they got Jon Cryer back regularly

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I finally decided to watch Supergirl. Jon might already be my all-time favorite Arrowverse character. Harewood is amazing.

It's bittersweet watching the 1st season because Flockhart is so good as Grant. Her dynamic with Kara will be missed as I progress to the other seasons.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Unless Legends(I've yet to watch it) has something worse, Indigo is by far the worst looking Arroverse character i've ever seen. Did the show just run out of money when it came time to create her costume? Worst part was that she wasn't even a one-and-done villain. She stuck around for a while.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Unless Legends(I've yet to watch it) has something worse, Indigo is by far the worst looking Arroverse character i've ever seen. Did the show just run out of money when it came time to create her costume? Worst part was that she wasn't even a one-and-done villain. She stuck around for a while.
There is Mona on Legends, but that is about it.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm confused as to why Kara just stopped liking Jimmy after the first season. They went my OTP or anything but it almost feels arbitrary. Kinda reminds me of Oliver and Laurel from S1 to S2.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Fair enough. It just felt so fast. She was just like "Eh, not really into you." and then the show just moved on.

Yeah, it was clearly one of those things where the writers realised a romance between them wasn't working and cut it off. I don't entirely mind it though - people having a thing for each other at first, then actually going out and one finding the spark has gone is one of those things that, while anti-climactic on a show, happens all the time in reality.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The only male romantic lead Melissa had chemistry with was Chris Wood, and she left her husband for him so go figure. And then they absolutely torpedoed that storyline because... I don't know why actually. He only wanted to do two years on the show I guess?

I'm with the shippers, just give in and let her date Lena.

It doesn't really feel like the show knows what to do with Jimmy Olson.
Yeah that isn't going to change. If anything it gets worse when they get bored of the Guardian storyline lol

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, it was clearly one of those things where the writers realised a romance between them wasn't working and cut it off. I don't entirely mind it though - people having a thing for each other at first, then actually going out and one finding the spark has gone is one of those things that, while anti-climactic on a show, happens all the time in reality.
I think that's a fair assessment. I know i've had attractions that fizzle out once they become a real relationship. It just felt abrupt from a narrative standpoint. That said, I wasn't rooting for them as a couple and really didn't want the show to give it any focus. So, I guess everything worked out in the end.

The only male romantic lead Melissa had chemistry with was Chris Wood, and she left her husband for him so go figure. And then they absolutely torpedoed that storyline because... I don't know why actually. He only wanted to do two years on the show I guess?

I'm with the shippers, just give in and let her date Lena.

Yeah that isn't going to change. If anything it gets worse when they get bored of the Guardian storyline lol
I'm only 7 episodes into S2 and what i've seen about Kara and Mon El I like. They've got good chesmitry. Chris Wood's Starfire-esque awkwardness is pretty darn charming.

I've seen as much. Not everything has been spoiled for me but I know Jimmy doesn't get too much.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched the whole Crisis on Earth-X thing. It was alright. Didn't really like the motivation of the X-villains just wanting to heal Supergirl-X and conquer more worlds. But it was real fun seeing all these heroes come together to fight their battles, cause there was a whole lot of heroes. Jax's sad-acting was real bad though, and some of the action-shot effects were really ugly but it's part of the charm with these shows so I can easily forgive it. I liked the whole thing where Oliver went undercover as the Fuhrer, and he was tested with an execution of one version of Felicity. I liked the whole wedding prep in episode one as well. And I thought it all got more fun when the Legends entered the picture. Was cool to see Atom could embiggen, and introducing a new hero in Ray was appreciated as well. I wish he would have hanged out with the Legends at least but oh well. I thought Sara and Alex's scenes together were some of the strongest of the event. And I still think Captain Burn is the most charming on the shows. Strange how Wally West just disappeared after the attacked wedding, I don't remember why. I had honestly expected a huge wedding at the end of this event, but what they did in the park was a little cute thing in itself.

Now onto Elseworlds and then to finish up Legends S3!