• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He'll be next to go :(

I think if anyone's going to leave next it'll be Maisie. Charlie was already kind of pointless as it is and it really felt like they just made up a side character just to keep giving Maisie a paycheck. If the budget's being chopped down, characters like that will likely be the ones that get cut.

I think Sara, Ava and Mick are safe as long as their actors want to stick around, and Matt Ryan is at least going to stay around until the Astra storyline is over.

This of course assumes none of the Legends die in the Crisis...

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Maisie's been my favorite since I got introduced to her on The Originals before Legends, please don't leave.

I'm at the last episode of Elseworlds now. It has certainly felt much smaller-scale than Earth-X, but damn if I'm not loving the Barry/Oliver swap, especially in episode one when they first discovered it all. Cool to see Lois Lane as well, and black-suit Superman just showed up! Gotham felt cheap with it's defining visual being red neon lights, but Batwoman splitting Barry and Oliver apart with that jump kick, and her baterang throw was great.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Maisie's been my favorite since I got introduced to her on The Originals before Legends, please don't leave.

Her character just doesn't really have anything to add anymore, really. The magical creatures arc is over, and Charlie was already feeling tertiary to that arc by the end of the season once NeRay became the Big Bad. They're probably getting budget crunch orders from the CW as the series moves into its later seasons, so having characters who're in the show just to keep an actor in the cast is the kind of thing that the studio would ask a showrunner to cut back on.

Especially for a show like Legends that's ALREADY more expensive comparatively than some of its CW counterparts due to the amount of set building and costume work they need to do for every single episode even when the CGI budget is low.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Elseworlds. It was pretty meh, and somewhat of a letdown. Just wasn't all that interesting rewriting reality at the third episode. The first episode was the best one cause it was all new, and Barry and Oliver came to learn and deal with the swap. Nice being introduced to Batwoman and Monitor, and blacksuit Superman was pretty fun. I swear these crossover events are turning into marriage proposals. Oh, was nice to be introduced to Lois as well, she seems pretty good. And it's always fun seeing Oliver, Barry and Kara interact with each other.

I see I'm on S03E11 on Legends of Tomorrow. And I've been dying to see more of John Constantine so can't wait to see what they do with him. Heard Wally joined the Legends at some point too so looking forward to that as well.

And yeah I have to say I've been ultimately disappointed with Vixen's powers on the show and wish they did more with her than the occasional bear.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Elseworlds. It was pretty meh, and somewhat of a letdown. Just wasn't all that interesting rewriting reality at the third episode. The first episode was the best one cause it was all new, and Barry and Oliver came to learn and deal with the swap. Nice being introduced to Batwoman and Monitor, and blacksuit Superman was pretty fun. I swear these crossover events are turning into marriage proposals. Oh, was nice to be introduced to Lois as well, she seems pretty good. And it's always fun seeing Oliver, Barry and Kara interact with each other.

Yea it was a weak crossover

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Maisie can't be too expensive, Mick would be the one to go if you're cutting costs.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Still slowly making my way through Supergirl. LOL Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain don't know what show they're on. "Make Daxam great again." was uttered right in front of Sorbo.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Still slowly making my way through Supergirl. LOL Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain don't know what show they're on. "Make Daxam great again." was uttered right in front of Sorbo.
Yeah it's fun when the shows just really blatantly play those actors into supporting shit they hate

When people are like "Fuck Dean Cain, don't bring him back", I'm like why, the show will make fun of him

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's fun when the shows just really blatantly play those actors into supporting shit they hate

When people are like "Fuck Dean Cain, don't bring him back", I'm like why, the show will make fun of him
Yeah, but when he's crying himself to sleep every night, doing it on a mattress made from the show's money probably helps.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
9rBnDLf.gif

The S3 premiere of Supergirl has some awesome visuals.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
zGoPFFq.png

Also interesting to see Mia there ... i wonder if she will go back to the future and then back to the present or if she will stay at the present till the crossover

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Also interesting to see Mia there ... i wonder if she will go back to the future and then back to the present or if she will stay at the present till the crossover

Question is, will she ever go back to the future? Remember, the idea is for Siren and Dinah to found the Canaries. The spin-off is named Green Arrow and the Canaries.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Question is, will she ever go back to the future? Remember, the idea is for Siren and Dinah to found the Canaries. The spin-off is named Green Arrow and the Canaries.

I don't think she's going back to the future. My guess is that the series is about her sticking around to make sure Star City doesn't become the hellhole it is in 2040.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think she's going back to the future. My guess is that the series is about her sticking around to make sure Star City doesn't become the hellhole it is in 2040.

This seems likely. They're probably going to go back to the future briefly and see that their efforts didn't fix anything and Mia's going to decide to stay in the past to take her father's place and keep Star City from going down the tubes.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I might only be 2 episodes behind on Supergirl, but it feels like 500. I don't know if I should catch up or not.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm not too far into S3 but it's got a really interesting surreal vibe and cinematic quality to it. Kara's sadness should be putting a damper on things but this seasons is just so interesting to look at.

Also, properly setting my TV's settings is game changing.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Still making my way through S3. Like I said before, I really like the visual direction of this season. That said, the main storyline with Reign is so blah. I'm not sure what they're going for with that character. The show goes out of it's way to establish her "regular" life but the drama with her daughter is painfully generic. Purity and the lady who played her made a much greater impact on me in one episode than Reign has in 13 episodes. She was actually able to sell that sense of duality and the horror it brings. I can't says I ever got that from Reign, she just seems mildly stressed out when good and generically villainous when bad.

I've got similar issues with Lena too. The idea that she's the only good person in a notoriously evil family is an interesting conceit but it's written with so little subtly that it becomes just another boring b-plot. I swear to god, the outright have character saying that she's the good Luthor ad nauseam. Lord knows why they paired her with Jimmy.

The worst thing about this season though is Mon El. What happened to that goofy idiot from S2? Who the hell is this character?

On a more positive note, the stuff with Jon and his father is genuinely heartwarming. Another positive: the cult support group stuff was an awesome idea the the performer who played cult leader killed it.

Random aside: Kara saying that she's never had best friends(outside of her sister) and implying to Lena and Reign that they're her best friends at the same party where Winn and Jimmy are at is mind-boggling. A few episodes later someone calls Jimmy her best friend. LOL

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
fuck man, i just got caught up with legends of tomorrow

why is this show so good?

i am going to miss zari a lot, damn. i tried to see if she is coming back and read a big ass spoiler for next season sadly. that really blows.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
It's so wild that Legends became the best Arrowverse show. No one could have called that when it first came on. I miss Rip though and wish he could show back up for a cameo. If it they finally add Black Lightning to it they can fight it out for that top spot. Those two and Doom Patrol are just *chef's kiss*.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I was completely captivated by Doom Patrol when I saw it a few months back, and instantly thought it's some of the best comic book television I've ever seen, but then I suddenly just stopped. I still have to get around to the last five episodes of the season.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
My friend sent me a twitch clip of a streamer running into Papa Joe on the street lol. Im on mobile so I dont know how to post links from twitch streams, but it was pretty funny. Since it was so random. He was pretty chill about it too.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
New wave of show-specific Crisis teasers going around. The one for Black Lightning appears to have a pretty massive spoiler in it.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Still making my way through S3. It's disappointing, I started really high on this season. I appreciated that it appeared to have a clear vision and tone that it wanted to portray. However, once Mon El returned it seemed to take a turn for the worst. But that's not what I want to talk about. Let's talk about how Reign's mother might be the most nonsensical character in the entire Arrowverse--

She didn't tell her daughter of her alien origins to protect her. OK... I guess that makes sense and that would seem to imply that she's a protective and dedicated parent. Daughter get's pregnant as a teenager. Kicks her out. ???

I'll state up front that i'm passively watching this show so maybe I missed something but I don't think they ever explain why she kicked out her daughter? It's so bizarre and such a contrivance.