• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
From that promo its good to know that character is back.
That Earth 90 Barry Allen is back

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's the one.

I was mainly referring to Jefferson's line. I could be misinterpreting it - but it's a big one if he's saying what I think he's saying.

I took it differently. He's never been a part of the main universe, sounds like he's just shocked to know that there's a threat coming that will destroy his world. I doubt they'll drop a spoiler like that in a trailer.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Finally finished S3.

I can't understand how poorly they handled the revelation that not only is Kara's mom is alive but that an entire civilization of Kryptonians exists. That should of been a shocking reveal at the end of an episode that followed into another episode dedicated soley to showing how they survived and established their new settlement.

I can't believe what chore this season became. The stuff with Jon's dad was genuinely charming at first but then it felt like it would never end and actually became a chore to watch. Reign is such a nothing character. I barely remember the evil Kryptonians motivation.

On a more positive note, Alex showed that she could be a pretty compelling character at points. She also has one of the coolest moments when she took on three Kryptonians.

One last random thought: It cracks me up how often characters have conversations with holograms.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I just remembered that after eating up so much of that season Sam and Ruby haven't been heard from again.

Supergirl, Arrow and The Flash really suck at writing children, worse The Flash's child was an adult written like a moody 14 year old while Arrow and the Supergirl wrote 12/13 year olds like they were eight.

Last edited:

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I just remembered that after eating up so much of that season Sam and Ruby haven't been heard from again.
tumblr_o29salhzwA1qeysf2o1_500.gifv

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Supergirl, Arrow and The Flash really suck at writing children, worse The Flash's child was an adult written like a moody 14 year old while Arrow and the Supergirl wrote 12/13 year olds like they were eight.
William is great now that he's like 35 lol

At least with Thea they realized quickly that she was terrible as a 17 year old party girl so they just started writing her as a 25 year old because hey she's much better as someone resembling an adult.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019

While I agree that Ruby is unbearable, I really liked how William was written and Nora's just plain adorable.

Though I guess that it's for the best that most of the kid sidekicks like Thea, Roy and Wally were aged up for the shows.

But the Superman show has the RESPONSABILITY to have the best written and acted Jon Kent.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know quite a few people who are k. Their twenties who act like nora, I also took her to be someone rather emotional stunted. She didn't come off as a 14 year old in her origin episode.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
While I agree that Ruby is unbearable, I really liked how William was written and Nora's just plain adorable.

Though I guess that it's for the best that most of the kid sidekicks like Thea, Roy and Wally were aged up for the shows.

But the Superman show has the RESPONSABILITY to have the best written and acted Jon Kent.
Yeah, DC knocked it out of the park with Jon when they introduced him into the comics. It's not an easy thing to create a a new child character that audiences won't complain about. (Also, i'm trying my best not to go on another rant about Bendis aging him into a young adult/teenager). I wonder if he'll just be a baby or toddler in this upcoming show.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Doom Patrol, amazing show, only real gripe is they jumped around timelines way too often, got pretty confusing at times

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I got the OT title locked and loaded for Crisis baby, I think it's a good one

It's gotta be the OT to end them all, my grand finale

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
so iv'e done swamp thing (they can eat a dick for cancelling that) titans, doom patrol & the boys.

what other gritty non pg 13 comic based shows are out there?

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
What immediately comes to mind are the Netflix Marvel shows and Walking Dead. Been hearing some good impressions of HBO's Watchmen, too.

oh yeah, forgot about the netflix shows. watched jessica jones (really liked it) started daredevil (never really got into it) watched half of punisher s1 (can't remember why i didn't finish it)

did four seasons of walking trash (dead show, saw the two episode late intro of lucille and was disgusted) up to date on fear the walking... liked it better than ''caoooorl''

will do watchmen, but probably not until it has a couple of seasons under it's belt.

what's preacher like? i know seth and evan were involved in the development of that aswell, and i really liked the boys so.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I've got a lot of issues with Supergirl S4 that I can't quite articulate so i'll just say this--

jon's wearing a fedora and looks a fucking idiot. someone please stop him

Last edited:

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: "Hey guys - can we do a Crisis lead-up storyline too?"

CW: "Absolutely. What do you have in mind?"

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: "We're thinking we open with Constantine walking into the Monitor's lair and saying 'Mar Novu! I've come to bargain!'"

CW: "You know ... I just don't see any openings on the calendar until January ..."

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Re: Jefferson in the teaser, I actually think they MIGHT destroy Earth-F.

They'll obviously finagle a way to make it work, like after Crisis Jefferson winds up on Earth-1 Freeland and it turns out that it's very similar to his Freeland, or somehow the entire Pierce clan manages to escape to Earth-1 before it's too late.

Or...they actually do a Merged Earth/New Earth soft reboot after Crisis on all the shows...

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So Reeve's Supes goes on to become KC Supes? This doesn't bode well for his family...

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they're going to draw that same line with Keaton's Bruce Wayne --> Conroy's Kingdom Come Bruce.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda surprising that Kingdom Come Superman is Superman Returns Superman, but makes sense in the bigger context.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wait a second, Stargirl is going to show up in Crisis? So she'll eventually be part of the Arrowverse as well?

How much stuff are they going to cram into this thing, anyway??

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a second, Stargirl is going to show up in Crisis? So she'll eventually be part of the Arrowverse as well?

How much stuff are they going to cram into this thing, anyway??

It's confusing as hell, because we've already seen TWO Stargirls in the Arrowverse - one in Legends and one (dead one) on Earth-90.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Is there any other reputable sources reporting on Stargirl in Crisis? The big trades don't mention it at all, it's just Business Insider that mentioned it and fan sites reporting from that.

It's confusing as hell, because we've already seen TWO Stargirls in the Arrowverse - one in Legends and one (dead one) on Earth-90.
It's not confusing at all, how many Supermen are there at this point?

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Crisis parts 1-3 Synopses:
Supergirl, "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One"
THE KICKOFF TO THE EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT
Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8/7c (special time)
The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) sends Harbinger (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) to gather the worlds' greatest heroes – Supergirl, The Flash, Green Arrow, Batwoman, White Canary, The Atom and Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) – in preparation for the impending Crisis. With their worlds in imminent danger, the superheroes suit up for battle while J'onn and Alex recruit Lena to help them find a way to save the people of Earth-38.

Batwoman, "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Two"
CAN THE REAL CLARK KENT PLEASE STAND UP? 'CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS' CONTINUES WITH SPECIAL GUEST STARS TOM WELLING, ERICA DURANCE AND KEVIN CONROY
Monday, Dec. 9 at 8 pm (special day)
The group uses Ray's invention to track new recruits to help save the universe. The Monitor sends Iris, Clark and Lois (guest star Elizabeth Tulloch) in search of a mysterious Kryptonian, while Kate and Kara head out to find Bruce Wayne (guest star Kevin Conroy). In addition, Mia challenges Sara, Rory discovers a hidden talent, and Lex Luthor (guest star Jon Cryer) returns.

The Flash, "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three"
BLACK LIGHTNING JOINS THE ARROWVERSE IN THE THIRD CHAPTER OF THE CROSSOVER
Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 pm
Pariah (The Flash's Tom Cavanagh) enlists Black Lightning (guest star Cress Williams) to help stop the Anti-Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) after Flash-90 (guest star John Wesley Shipp) shares what he learned from his battle in "Elseworlds." With the help of Black Lightning, Barry, Cisco and Killer Frost come up with a plan that could save them all. Meanwhile, Iris has a heart-to-heart with Ryan Choi (Legends of Tomorrow newcomer Osric Chau), while Oliver and Diggle return to an old, familiar stomping ground.

I'll be blunt: I don't think Stargirl is quite special enough to have three entirely different versions bouncing around.
There aren't three versions 'bouncing around'. One is dead and the other was a two episode guest star that isn't coming back. People will be fine.