• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
bannersusdg.png

Welcome to the home of DC on TV on ERA.

There's a huge selection of great shows running, and here you can talk about these great shows in general or visit their individual OTs!

Live Action

• Arrow (CW)
  • The Flash (CW)
  • Supergirl (CW)
  • DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)
  • Black Lightning (CW)
  • Pennyworth (Epix)
  • Titans (DC Universe)
  • Doom Patrol (DC Universe, HBO Max)
  • Lucifer (Netflix)
  • Preacher (AMC)
Recently Ended
  • Gotham (Fox)
  • Krypton (SyFy)
  • Swamp Thing (DC Universe)
  • iZombie (CW)
In Production/Premiering Soon
  • Stargirl (DC Universe)
  • Batwoman (CW)
  • Watchmen (HBO)
In Development/Questionable Status
  • Y: The Last Man (FX)
  • Sandman (Netflix)
Animated
  • Young Justice (DC Universe)
  • Teen Titans Go (Cartoon Network)
  • DC's Superhero Girls (Cartoon Network)
  • Harley Quinn (DC Universe)

royflip.gif
SelfreliantSilentBug.gif

No open spoilers for stuff that hasn't aired yet.

Welcome to the Olicity Era, folks.

tumblr_nvvnioAO6u1rq49qyo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I missed this!

Supergirl is ass so far this season. Flash is surprisingly good, and I think LoT is holding steady in terms of quality.

Arrow...is still good, but I feel like they are trying really hard to make it suck.

Not caught up on Gotham.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of having a shared thread for all the shows. It seems like there was a lot of overlap before, so having one community for this is a great idea.
Random question - does anyone know when Black Lightning is meant to debut?

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Last night's Flash just reinforced to me how much they wasted the opportunities of this season.

Don't get me wrong, I kind of like the lighter tone, but they could have done something way more interesting with Barry being gone. I guess though they're getting rid of the duplicated powers problem.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I like the idea of having a shared thread for all the shows. It seems like there was a lot of overlap before, so having one community for this is a great idea.
Random question - does anyone know when Black Lightning is meant to debut?

Early 2018. Maybe after Legends wraps or another one of those new shows goes under, I'm not sure what they're doing there since Legends got 18 episodes.

Battle Born

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Arrow has been pretty great so far. Unfortunately, I'm still a little behind with both Flash and Supergirl. I hope I can get all caught up soon.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Jorok Goldblade from the old site here. Glad to see this place up and running!

So, I take it that Zari is going to be the new Amaya when she eventually goes back to Zambesi? Also, keep winning, Nate. You are the most shining example of what it means to be a Legend.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Hey folks, we're trialing a DC TV |OT|! As the userbase is small and the discussion was already shrinking over the last few seasons, for now we're condensing the DC live action TV shows (and CW Seed animated shows) into one thread. If we grow too big we'll split off into separate OTs, but for now it's easier to just coalesce into one thread. So join in to talk about any of these shows!

Wouldn't it be a bit better to separate out into two threads one for the Arrow-verse shows (Supergirl, Flash, Legends, and Arrow) and the non-connected shows (Lucifer, Gotham, Black Lightning, Titans, etc.)? It seems that with a combined thread we might run into a lot of confusion on universe and plot lines. Either way, I am just happy to see my weeks worth of cheese get a new discussion thread.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Wouldn't it be a bit better to separate out into two threads one for the Arrow-verse shows (Supergirl, Flash, Legends, and Arrow) and the non-connected shows (Lucifer, Gotham, Black Lightning, Titans, etc.)? It seems that with a combined thread we might run into a lot of confusion on universe and plot lines. Either way, I am just happy to see my weeks worth of cheese get a new discussion thread.

We discussed it and the reasoning was basically the other stuff isn't that popular and wouldn't really justify their own threads. Lucifer discussion is tiny. It'd basically just be Gotham.

Plus Black Lightning and Titans are in that grey area in which they're probably multiverse as Berlanti produces them. And look, even Constantine managed to merge into the Arrowverse.

If the thread gets too big or confusing to sustain we'll split off again. The community isn't as large as it used to be, the influx of excited posting will die down over time too.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I have literally lurked GAF's various DCTV threads for years (and seen so many of ZeroX's new episode "synopsis" that I'm not surprised by the OT), so I'm happy to actually chime in here.

This season of The Flash's tonal shift was greatly needed, and so far I'm really liking it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the episode making West baby 3 seem like a good/bad luck thing. However I did crack up at Joe's reaction. Barry please don't time travel this baby away.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Can that actually apply this season? He didn't actually ask them to get him out. Though his actions are why he was even in the Speed Force. Never mind I guess it does still apply.
It's only his actions that screwed him if you consider the not future but future alternate version of himself that was also somehow in the past a part of his actions.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Everything IS Barry's fault. Lol.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

Look at that! He is the reason why TSwift made that song.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad some of the exclusive CW guys will be getting a peek at the pure ridiculousness/greatness of Gotham in here every once in a while now.
giphy.gif

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
We discussed it and the reasoning was basically the other stuff isn't that popular and wouldn't really justify their own threads. Lucifer discussion is tiny. It'd basically just be Gotham.

Plus Black Lightning and Titans are in that grey area in which they're probably multiverse as Berlanti produces them. And look, even Constantine managed to merge into the Arrowverse.

If the thread gets too big or confusing to sustain we'll split off again. The community isn't as large as it used to be, the influx of excited posting will die down over time too.

Alright sounds good. Maybe seeing Gotham discussed might drag me back into watching it. Look forward to seeing things grow from here.

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying Legends so far this season. No Hawks continues to be a guiding principal of real value.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy thinking Dominic Purcell might be the best casting bit of all the DC shows?
Absolutely kills it in every scene.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice. Wish I stopped by this thread more often back then. Will keep tabs on it now!