• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first Stargirl trailer was fine, not sure why DC Universe is trying to pull back marketing on a show that's going to be YA.

At this point it's obvious that tonally the series will be on the supergirl/flash spectrum

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's not even better than Arrow season 4.

I said it.
You're not wrong.
Is Titans s2 worth watching?

If not, can someone summarise what happened?
- Deathstroke is mad at the Titans because he killed his son, so he sends Rose, his daughter, to infiltrate the team and sabotage them. She barely does anything against the team. They break up.
- Jason gets PTSD from an encounter with Deathstroke. Everyone is shitty to him and he ends up telling everyone to fuck off.
- Dick has a mental breakdown, hallucinates with Adam West Batman, then goes to prison and gets a new suit.
- Cadmus creates Superboy. They control him and want to sell him as a weapon. He fights a brainwashed Gar. They both get better.
- Rose eventually realizes Deathstroke's a shitty dad and kills him. Her brother decides to live inside of her.
- A lamppost falls and Donna dies.

The end

Oct 25, 2017
None of that sounds worse than S4 of Arrow
Nothing will top the underground city and glueing the totem back together and letting Merlyn walk away with it

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong.

- Deathstroke is mad at the Titans because he killed his son, so he sends Rose, his daughter, to infiltrate the team and sabotage them. She barely does anything against the team. They break up.
- Jason gets PTSD from an encounter with Deathstroke. Everyone is shitty to him and he ends up telling everyone to fuck off.
- Dick has a mental breakdown, hallucinates with Adam West Batman, then goes to prison and gets a new suit.
- Cadmus creates Superboy. They control him and want to sell him as a weapon. He fights a brainwashed Gar. They both get better.
- Rose eventually realizes Deathstroke's a shitty dad and kills him. Her brother decides to live inside of her.

The end

I laughed at that last bullet point because it just sounds so dumb but then you remember that it actually happened.

That finale soured me completely as well.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
None of that sounds worse than S4 of Arrow
Nothing will top the underground city and glueing the totem back together and letting Merlyn walk away with it
Sure, none of it *sounds* bad. I'd say 10 out of 12 of the episodes in Titan S2 were good, enjoyable pieces of television.

But none of it fits together. It's a haphazard mess with no synergy. Nothing coalesces. Add in that the finale is absolutely atrocious and it leaves a really bad aftertaste.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Manu Deathstroke could actually move.
1qiokm.gif

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong.

The end
Hahahaha thanks for the summary, I appreciate it

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm coming up on the end of S4 of Legends. The show is decent but I feel like it peak w/ S3. The first episode of S3 in particular is amazing. One of the best episodes in all of the Arrowverse. I just wish the show could've maintained that special kind of energy and humor. Anyway, here are my thoughts on S3 & S4--

• Steel & Vixen worked pretty well. They had great chemistry and their pre-destined break-up is a solid conceit. Zari & Steel on the other hand feels really forced and awkward at best.

• The Time Agency stuff is blah. Nate's daddy issues are a chore to experience. It's bad enough that they took him away from Amaya but taking him away from Ray whom he also has amazing chemistry was a poor choice. Now he's got no one to bounce of off and either becomes a tired trope or living exposition. I suspect that they wanted to save on CG cost.

• I don't think S4's team dynamic works all that well. With Nate away and Amaya and Wally gone, there's too many snarks, grumps and lone wolfs in this group. Often times it feels like Brandon Routh's Ray has to work double duty just bring any sort of balance to the Legend's dynamic. Thankfully Mona provides some much needed levity to the group later in the season.

• What even is Charlie? I get that wanted to keep Sellers around but they could've given here anything better to work with. It's kinda sad watching her play such a nothing character.

• I really appreciate how they handle Mick. He basically just sits around doing weird shit unless they have something interesting for him to do within the narrative. I wish more TV shows would approach characters like this. (Though, I guess some performers wouldn't be too happy with their character filling such an odd capacity)

• I've never been a fan of Arroverse Wally but i'll give Lonsdale credit. His acting improved a little bit and he actually had a few nice scenes with Rip and Nate.

• Lotz and Routh are endlessly watchable and I can't imagine this show being anywhere without them. I never saw them carrying their own show when I watched them in Arrow. Sara is character development done right and Ray is the most lovable guy ever.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming up on the end of S4 of Legends. The show is decent but I feel like it peak w/ S3. The first episode of S3 in particular is amazing. One of the best episodes in all of the Arrowverse. I just wish the show could've maintained that special kind of energy and humor. Anyway, here are my thoughts on S3 & S4--

• Steel & Vixen worked pretty well. They had great chemistry and their pre-destined break-up is a solid conceit. Zari & Steel on the other hand feels really forced and awkward at best.

• The Time Agency stuff is blah. Nate's daddy issues are a chore to experience. It's bad enough that they took him away from Amaya but taking him away from Ray whom he also has amazing chemistry was a poor choice. Now he's got no one to bounce of off and either becomes a tired trope or living exposition. I suspect that they wanted to save on CG cost.

• I don't think S4's team dynamic works all that well. With Nate away and Amaya and Wally gone, there's too many snarks, grumps and lone wolfs in this group. Often times it feels like Brandon Routh's Ray has to work double duty just bring any sort of balance to the Legend's dynamic. Thankfully Mona provides some much needed levity to the group later in the season.

• What even is Charlie? I get that wanted to keep Sellers around but they could've given here anything better to work with. It's kinda sad watching her play such a nothing character.

• I really appreciate how they handle Mick. He basically just sits around doing weird shit unless they have something interesting for him to do within the narrative. I wish more TV shows would approach characters like this. (Though, I guess some performers wouldn't be too happy with their character filling such an odd capacity)

• I've never been a fan of Arroverse Wally but i'll give Lonsdale credit. His acting improved a little bit and he actually had a few nice scenes with Rip and Nate.

• Lotz and Routh are endlessly watchable and I can't imagine this show being anywhere without them. I never saw them carrying their own show when I watched them in Arrow. Sara is character development done right and Ray is the most lovable guy ever.
With regards to Nate, he had a reduced role because him and his wife just had a newborn baby and he wanted to be there to take care of it.

But I agree, the entire cast peaked with season 3.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
As I finish up S4 of Legends, I can't but get some serious evil Dale Cooper from Evil Ray. And while it's not the same, I now can't help but see some similarities between Ray and Dale Cooper. Ray doesn't have Cooper's uber confidence or fearlessness but he does share a similar positivity and charm. Now I with he was in S3 of Twin Peaks.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
DC's Legends of Tomorrow S5 |OT| Gary and His Demons

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S5 |OT| I Skipped the Crisis and All I Got was this Lousy Behred

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S5 |OT| A Ray of Light in the Dahrkness

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S5 |OT| Encore Presentation

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S5 |OT| Bad Astra

luca

Oct 25, 2017
How's Lucifer during its four seasons?

I'm watching the S1 pilot and is really digging the character Lucifer, he's so charming.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody want to bet on whether or not the second child is either Christopher Kent or Damian Wayne? Those are the two most likely candidates I think, and both have interesting potential. The Zod connection with Christopher would give me pause since I truly despise the use of Zod. Such a lazy enemy for Superman. Give me Prankster or Mxy or Luthor any day over that piece of crap.

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody want to bet on whether or not the second child is either Christopher Kent or Damian Wayne? Those are the two most likely candidates I think, and both have interesting potential. The Zod connection with Christopher would give me pause since I truly despise the use of Zod. Such a lazy enemy for Superman. Give me Prankster or Mxy or Luthor any day over that piece of crap.

Mxy is returning to Supergirl, played by Thomas Lennon. Hopefully wearing super short, super tight shorts since that is what he should always be wearing...