• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Hnnnng, look who just liked my tweet:

img_20200212_195339olkvh.png

Sadly, based on the likes, me and her are the only ones with a craving for Crazy Jane merchandise. Really want me a snapback cap.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
That mask... yikes.

Did anything come out of those Smallville tweets?

I think that style of mask is just cursed to never look good when done accurately.

Here's the same problem with the Smallville version:

411full.jpg

And here's Legends just saying "Fuck it - do an over-sized domino mask instead"

928f6d39acaa87151cd876a75296d68d.jpg

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It would not shock me if for Flash/Supergirl/Batwoman we get rushed endings or finales get postponed the way things are going

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It would not shock me if for Flash/Supergirl/Batwoman we get rushed endings or finales get postponed the way things are going
Especially with Riverdale shutting down for the moment. The cast and crew of all these Berlanti shows must be in contact with each other at one point or another.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So every current season of the CW shows are going to be impacted by them shutting down? Its still crazy to me that they are filming them still so close to their release.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Wonder if it's a good thing for GA and the Canaries that pilot season is dead. No pilots means riskier straight to series orders, whereas at least that show is a known quantity.

Its still crazy to me that they are filming them still so close to their release.
Other than all at once streaming services it's extremely common for US production to work like that. Gotta have quick turnaround on high episode count shows, write one episode, shoot another and edit another. There are exceptions to that. Black Sails looked really good, and I wondered why until finding out that they filmed the episodes like a year before they aired meaning they would've gotten so much longer in post production. On the flip side, that's why you get shows like Supergirl dropping some absolute trash CGI. It's also why Grodd episodes are mid season, so the animators get the longest period of time on him.

But yeah I think we're losing like the last three episodes of the season lol

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
So every current season of the CW shows are going to be impacted by them shutting down? Its still crazy to me that they are filming them still so close to their release.
Remember, shows get renewed around May. So typically, you can only start planning a new season in June. A month of planning, and you start filming in July. And then you need about 2 weeks per episode, with a short break around Christmas. Meaning you have about 44 weeks of work to make one season.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I want to say I'll watch Stargirl but damn I've been struggling to watch the DC TV shows post-Crisis

I've liked what I've seen so far and have a real fondness for the JSA

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Synopses of the first three episodes of Stargirl.
"Stargirl": In the series premiere episode, Courtney's seemingly perfect life in Los Angeles gets upended with a move to Blue Valley, Nebraska with her mother Barbara (AMY SMART), stepfather Pat Dugan (LUKE WILSON) and stepbrother Mike (TRAE ROMANO), and she finds herself struggling to adapt to her new town and high school. But when Courtney discovers that Pat is harboring a major secret about his past, she ultimately becomes the unlikely inspiration for a new generation of Super Heroes.

"S.T.R.I.P.E.": After Courtney has an unexpected run-in with a member of the Injustice Society of America, Pat reveals the truth to her about their history. Meanwhile, Barbara is elated when she sees Courtney making an attempt to get along with Pat, not knowing the secret they've been keeping. Finally, things take a dangerous turn at Blue Valley High's open house night when Courtney becomes the target of a dangerous foe.

"Icicle": After a dangerous run-in with a member of the Injustice Society of America, Pat warns Courtney to back down from her attempts to go after them. But when she encounters what she believes to be a message from one of them, she urges Pat to help her. Meanwhile, Barbara makes strides at work, which impresses her new boss Jordan Mahkent (NEIL JACKSON)."

DC Universe will have extended versions of select episodes: https://community.dcuniverse.com/t/...-here-on-dc-universe-monday-may-11th/726467/7
We'll be the first members will be the first to stream new episodes, every Monday commercial-free in downloadable 4K Ultra HD. Additionally, members will have access to several exclusive offerings including extended versions of select episodes, behind-the-scenes footage of cast and crew, exclusive collectible pins and limited-edition posters, fan community forum to discuss the latest episodes and access to deep dive into all the comics that inspired the series.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Variety put out an article saying the last few episodes of Flash, Legacies, and Supernatural are for sure not coming out until later. Think it was everything after May1st. But it didn't say anything about Batwoman or Supergirl?

also Stargirl is taking Flash's timeslot

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Full cast list:

Newsarama | GamesRadar+

Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl
- Brec Bassinger ("School of Rock," "The Goldbergs")

Pat Dugan/S.T.R.I.P.E
- Luke Wilson ("Old School," "Idiocracy")

Yolanda Montez/Wildcat
- Yvette Monreal ("Matador," "Faking It")

Barbara Whitmore
- Amy Smart ("Just Friends," "Varsity Blues")

Sylvester Pemberton/Starman
- Joel McHale ("Community," "Ted")

Beth Chapel/Dr. Mid-Nite
- Anjelika Washington ("Tall Girl," "Young Sheldon")

Rick Tyler/Hourman
- Cameron Gellman ("Heathers," "20th Century Women")

Ms. Brooks/Tigress
- Joy Osmanski ("Santa Clarita Diet," "Dead Night")

Dr. Henry King/Brainwave
- Christopher James Baker ("True Detective," "Ozark")

Jordan Mahkent/Icicle
- Neil Jackson ("Welcome to Marwen," "Absentia")

Dr. Ito/Dragon King
- Nelson Lee ("Blade: The Series," "Mulan (2006)")

Crock/Sportsmaster
- Neil Hopkins ("Lost," "The Good Wife")

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Rewatching some Arrow and one of my main issues with season 4 is how quickly they jumped into the Thea "blood lust" plot. If they were going to do that at all, it should have happened later in the season. There should have been so much more "happy to be here" Thea as a hero. No reason to have so much angst so quickly.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Kat Mcnamara's Instagram is the number 1 reason why I hope Arrow & The Black Canaries gets made.