• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Perez run? Interesting. They should put up O'Neil's Batman run too. And I'd personally put up John Byrne's Superman run as well.

I think you guys are talking about two different things, (the comics and the 70s WW TV series).

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
If this is never going to be available in the UK I hope the shows at least drop on Netflix same day. Can only imagine they are going to get pirated to high heaven.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Just signed up....interested in the original series coming out later this Fall. I'm hoping that the comic selection improves as the service matures.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I got an email that the service launched...what happened to the 15th date?

And the comic selection definitely blows atm.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Watched a bit of Batman: TAS in HD on the TV and it's fucking stunning compared to the shitty SD stream Amazon Prime had.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
THEY HAVE ALL NINE SEASONS OF SUPERFRIENDS!!!!!!!!! That's worth my year sub right there.

DnBS9e2VAAEqyvN.jpg

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I can't find an Android TV app for my Shield- what platforms are the TV apps on? Also, I assume no surround sound? How about PQ? Just 720p?

Installed the app on my Android phone- it can cast to my Shield/TV- don't want to invest in it until I find out the quality tho.

Last edited:

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Surprised to see this up a couple of days early. Will probably take advantage of it some tomorrow.
I was looking at the content on my Apple TV. If you're a die-hard DC fan there really isn't much new there for you. I'll probably wait for all of the Titans series to be released, join for a month and binge it.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Static Shock wee.

BTAS says 3 seasons but only has two available. Hrm.

Comic selection is kinda shitty but I'm hoping it gets better. I'm liking what there is to watch and I'm looking forward to Doom Patrol, YJ, Swamp Thing, etc. Wasted 80 bucks on far worse before.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The AppleTV app is shit right now...but you can read the comics on the TV. Kind of hard to read some text at a distance...but that's cool I guess? It needs a zoom option.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Superman for the first time.
The video player on PC isn't bad at all! My cursor didn't go away on my two screen setup so I had to adjust it to work, but outside of that and some slight hiccups it was all good :)

As for Superman? The movie is cute, but massively overlong. Really liked the themes of "you will believe a man can fly" but the film felt very dull outside of its big moments.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw Superman for the first time.
The video player on PC isn't bad at all! My cursor didn't go away on my two screen setup so I had to adjust it to work, but outside of that and some slight hiccups it was all good :)

As for Superman? The movie is cute, but massively overlong. Really liked the themes of "you will believe a man can fly" but the film felt very dull outside of its big moments.
Are you talking the Chris Reeves movie from 1978?

I love Reeves as Superman more than the movies themselves...

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Surprised Death of Superman is streaming on there, despite it releasing last month. Right now I think the pickings are slim, but I'll hold on to it for a bit. planning on doing the $75 annual... is it still 15 months? The first three months were supposed to be free with an annual pass, but not sure if that was limited time only.

I really wish Justice League Action was on there. And TTGo for the kids, they love that show.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Surprised Death of Superman is streaming on there, despite it releasing last month. Right now I think the pickings are slim, but I'll hold on to it for a bit. planning on doing the $75 annual... is it still 15 months? The first three months were supposed to be free with an annual pass, but not sure if that was limited time only.

I really wish Justice League Action was on there. And TTGo for the kids, they love that show.

I believe Penguin said the offer is no longer available

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
When does DC Daily start proper? I'm going to watch the premiere ep tomorrow as I missed it when it first streamed, but just wondering when it actually begins.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm is there something wrong with the iOS app? It won't let me log on. I had no problem logging in on my tv.

EDIT: Closing the app fixed it lol

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
man, I knew the comics selection was gonna skimpy compared to MU but I did NOT expect it to be this bad.

This service is solely about getting their F Batman style shows out there and hey maybe we can also sell people some comics on th side. No thanks DC.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Does this have Batman and Robin?

Of the comic? Yes, it does but only one issue. Very unsure about how the comic curation/rotation is going to work.

Watched some Super Friends and Batman Year One last night on the Android TV app and by casting from my phone to the TV. Both worked alright I guess. Navigation on the Android TV app is a pain.

Also when casting, there is no option to stop a video once you've started it from the mobile app that I can find. You can pause or start another video but if you are casting and pause the banner stays at the bottom of the screen.

I also ran into an issue with the app on my tablet where the movies listing would jump from the top of the list to the bottom so I wasn't able to see the movies in the middle of the list.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I thought the advertised Batman '89 and Batman Returns as coming to the service. I guess maybe more things will show up tomorrow for Batman day?

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Did they remove some content this morning? The movies section looks a lot smaller than it was yesterday.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I thought the advertised Batman '89 and Batman Returns as coming to the service. I guess maybe more things will show up tomorrow for Batman day?

Did they remove some content this morning? The movies section looks a lot smaller than it was yesterday.

I honestly feel like this was just a soft accidental launch and tomorrow for Batman Day will do a full roll-out.

I have to imagine one of the reasons the live-action Batman movies aren't on there since was a focus of their trailer, print/digital ads and said on DC Daily multiple times.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I haven't subscribed myself yet but I've noticed that they have the Legion cartoon on there.
That cartoon was glorious, especially season 2. I highly recommend it.
Yes! And I agree! I also thought Lois Lane was incredible as well. They had wonderful chemistry
Margo Kidder was a treasure.
She was just as essential to those movies as Reeve.
I honestly feel like this was just a soft accidental launch and tomorrow for Batman Day will do a full roll-out.
Yeah this really feels like an accident. Simply browsing their catalog is clunky as hell.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've started watching the Young Justice series as I never caught it back when it first came out. I've heard good things, and apparently it has enough of a following for WB to produce more episodes for the service.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's super clunky, but I'm also holding out hope for the comics section too.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I assume this is the case, but is the B:TAS streaming on this the same HD remaster being released on blu next month?