• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this is the case, but is the B:TAS streaming on this the same HD remaster being released on blu next month?

That appears to be the case, yeah.

I'm also hoping that the content available on the app yesterday was a small appetizer of what'll show up tomorrow. (Namely with comics.)

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping the Kindle Fire tablet would be supported but no luck. I found the apk for the app online and it installed just fine though. I'd rather now just view this through the website if the app install doesn't eventually work when I sign in. I'm kinda waiting for it to go live to see what else shows up. I was planning on just waiting though until Titans appears and the first footage outside of the trailer was shown on NYCC.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the apps will be capable of having UHD or Dolby vision for the new series?

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think these new shows are in 4k or hdr... but would love to be proven wrong, but how cheap the shows look... wouldn't be advisable

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the site I like how it's designed. The different results you get in all categories that appear when you search. The encyclopedia is pretty detailed as well. You can get to that it seems without having to actually subscribe it seems as long as you have an account. I was happy to see the Human Target live action show is actually on there. I had forgotten about until I came across it.

Think the actual site url should be added to the opening post. I don't see it there.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they added 89 Batman - Batman Forever, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Batman Ninja. They are all in a Batman Day section tho surely they aren't time limited.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Going through the site it seems like it's half-baked and missing a TON of stuff. I assume they are doing this on purpose so they can add stuff on a consistant basis but they tout "hundreds of comics" where Marvel Unlimited has like 20,000+ comics. I'll def buy into this when new shows hit but right now it doesn't seem like it's worth when most the film and TV shows available are already available on other streaming services that i sub to already.

Kind of disappointed by the lack of content. And the "exclusive" merch is pretty fucking boring stuff.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not only did they add the Batman movies, but they added a ton of comics.

I could be wrong, but I made a sweep of the comics yesterday and today and noticed some today that I didn't yesterday:
The Arrow comics
The Dark Knight Returns #2-4
Harley Quinn and Power Girl
Starfire
Young Justice

were some of the ones I noticed today that I didn't notice yesterday. Maybe I completely missed it earlier, but that would be surprising since I made a list of everything I wanted to read and would have added all of those in it.

Also for those looking for something fun, Harley Quinn and Power Girl is a BLAST. The run is quirky and easy to read, and Harley and Peegee has a TON of chemistry.

I would appreciate greater transparency, but considering it's Day 1 then i think it's whatever. It would be inconvenient to make sweeps of everything every time I opened the site.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those of us who don't have DC Universe yet (or can't even get it), if you sub to DC's youtube, they've posted the 2nd ep of DC Daily celebrating for Batman Day plus a brand new exclusive clip from Titans show

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely still lacking on the comics front, but they have some time to address that.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Batman 89 is time limited til 9/30 such a weird decision. Comic selection is really nothing at all compared to Marvel Unlimited. Think I'm gonna wait for Titans to actually sub.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
THis service is going to be like netflix... it cycles content in and out... it's not just a dumping ground of all of DC archive that stays indefinetly

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Checked out the quality on Batman 89 (never had the blu ray) and it looked pretty sharp. I'm liking what's on there so far, I was hoping for Justice League Action to show up, too

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
THis service is going to be like netflix... it cycles content in and out... it's not just a dumping ground of all of DC archive that stays indefinetly

They don't have enough content for that. They should be like the WWE Network. They're adding content constantly, not taking away from it.

Also: There's already a Batwoman, why would you also go for a Batgirl? Even if you wanted to do another superhero series with a woman as your focus there are other options that don't involve tapping the Batman well for the 12th time.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
They don't have enough content for that. They should be like the WWE Network. They're adding content constantly, not taking away from it.

Also: There's already a Batwoman, why would you also go for a Batgirl? Even if you wanted to do another superhero series with a woman as your focus there are other options that don't involve tapping the Batman well for the 12th time.
Batgirl was a false rumor

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Batgirl was a false rumor

Not really confirmed one way or another, but mostly I was just commenting on how it wouldn't make sense. Though when I started trying to come up with women they could use instead I came up with a problem that was half good, half bad. Most of the women I thought of are being used, which is good. but there weren't that many of them, which is bad. Only character I can think of who isn't in a show, a film, or about to be in a show or film is Zatanna. But that show could be awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so how do I actually get rid of these freaking captions? No matter what I click on, I'm stuck with captions at the bottom of the screen describing every musical cue and full of dialogue? Who the hell designed this?

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Okay, so how do I actually get rid of these freaking captions? No matter what I click on, I'm stuck with captions at the bottom of the screen describing every musical cue and full of dialogue? Who the hell designed this?
tumblr_o8dc0mU5sH1vv1frwo5_r2_400.gif

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Another bug I have noticed is that on iPad the top bar with time/battery level on it does not disappear when watching full screen videos.

Also, it sucks there isn't a Fire TV app yet from what I can tell.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With regards to DC Daily, I'd like for them to promote their weekly issues. I think that's reasonable.

Looking through Comicxology or League of Comic Geeks every week to find out what is out is... well, it works but to put it bluntly it's boring. I'm willing to be advertised to for a talk show with higher production values than a Youtube video!

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno why you would bother to lock DC Daily behind a paywall sub fee... was DC All Access really that popular? I bet people who sub to the service would barely watch it the entire segment

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I dunno why you would bother to lock DC Daily behind a paywall sub fee... was DC All Access really that popular? I bet people who sub to the service would barely watch it the entire segment
Yeah, my guess is that it will be available to all since it's essentially a daily marketing tool to get people to sign up for the service.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would put most of it up on Youtube, but keep like exclusive clips/announcements to the service for like 24 hours

Promoting as the place to get breaking news.

Sad they really don't seem to have a big get for the premiere or Batman Day

Imagine if they had offered the first look at Phoenix in the Joker movie.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are putting a lot into Titans because it's the closest we'll get to Batman on tv without a coy reference

Oct 25, 2017
Well, glad I read death of superman first since they removed that entire arc like 2 days into the service being live. That seemed like a really weird decision on their behalf. Almost like it was an accident they put it up there.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
I had Brave and the Bold running on a tablet while I worked all day yesterday, that was kinda nice