• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that Stargirl is starting sooner than Harley Quinn since it was green lighted later and JUST found it's lead not too long ago. Guess Animation does take longer.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up watching Superman Quest for Peace last night. I'm still trying to process it haha. You know you're in for a ride when the opening credits looked like they were done on video and blown up to film.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Believe wording at panel was exclusive home for streaming

Which is fair don't think it's on anything

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started using the service this week and loving it. I'm watching the old Superman serials and then gonna move to the George reeves series.

Hoping they get creative with orginal content. Wouldn't mind them putting the Superman and Blue Beetle radio shows and the Shazam and Batman serials.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just found out via DC Daily that Krypton's first season will be streaming on DC Universe

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just some topline items that I'm not sure if was covered or not from NYCC

Young Justice is 26 episodes, split into 2 blocks of 13 episodes. Episodes will be released 3 at a time. Which the math doesn't add up, but tell that to them!

The Reign of Supermen and Batman Hush will available for streaming on the service next year. Don't wanna make a leap, but sounded like would release around the same time as retail.

Young Justice will have a tie-in comic, one issue, but sounds like may be more original/exclusive comics coming to the service.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Thanks, for the info, Penguin !

---
Does anyone else have an issue with new eps of DC Daily showing that you've watched some of it before you actually have? Everytime I see a new ep, it has progress on the timer and starts me in the middle of the ep.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Thanks, for the info, Penguin !

---
Does anyone else have an issue with new eps of DC Daily showing that you've watched some of it before you actually have? Everytime I see a new ep, it has progress on the timer and starts me in the middle of the ep.
That happened once to me so far. But yesterday was the first time I've experienced the captions showing up even though I have them set to "off".

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Checking out Young Justice Enhanced

It's a mixed bag, don't much care for the fan commentary, but the cast/crew stuff is fun.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why won't this garbage app work!? Videos play fine on my phone, but I try and cast to my Shield TV it stalls out loading videos. Everything else works just fine.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This app has been straight dogshit from the start. Shame on me for falling for DC's play.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
With my holiday vacation coming up, I may pull the trigger on that 3 months @ $3.99 per month deal. I want to watch Titans. How's the app run on Apple TV/Roku?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
When did Doom Patrol get pushed back? Wasn't it going to be debuting this month at one point?

Still, nice to have dates for everything. It looks like we'll get a pretty steady stream of premieres over the next year. Hopefully Titans S2 will slot in around October as well, so there isn't too long of a wait.
It was never debuting this year... The only real change I noticed was the Harley show moving up from December to October.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I bit the bullet for the 3 month deal. Seems to run well enough on Roku FWIW. Streaming quality looks pretty solid for Titans. No noticeable macroblocking and pixelation artifacts in the first dark scene in the big top and none in the rain scene. Those are 2 types of scenes where over-compressed cable signals typically crap the bed. Only stereo audio, but my AVR does Dolby Surround processing well enough. Welp, can't wait to watch all the episodes over the next few days!

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
OH awesome

The superior DC Nation series is coming to DC Universe on New Year's

DuU76EBU8AAm9Ah.jpg

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone having any issues logging in? Managed to download and login on a few devices last night and this morning, but now it keeps giving me an "unknown error" when I try to sign in and the activation code for the TV apps keeps timing out within seconds.

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess we might be seeing flashback JSA stuff mixed in with modern legacy characters (and some of the golden age characters as older mentor figures)?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Is there a way to disable the "play next" overlay when you come near an end of an episode? I assume it's not so bad on regular programming with credits at the end, but for the shorter videos it's such a pain, and I have no idea how to get it off the screen once it comes on.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I guess some general updates

They have added The New Adventures of Batman and Superman (Not to be confused with TNBA which is the second series of Batman TAS) and Green Lantern TAS.

Young Justice Season 3 premieres on Friday.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah content rotation is gonna be a problem for them

They really are gonna have to work on other methods to get content flowing on the service.

What's the reasoning for the rotation, anyway? Licensing costs? Bandwidth? It blows my mind that this is supposed to be the premiere DC streaming service, and they have to rotate movies in and out when there's already not a whole lot of content compared to competing services that are much broader in scope.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
What's the reasoning for the rotation, anyway? Licensing costs? Bandwidth? It blows my mind that this is supposed to be the premiere DC streaming service, and they have to rotate movies in and out when there's already not a whole lot of content compared to competing services that are much broader in scope.

I honestly can't tell you

Some of it is clearly tied to arrangement/deals outside of their control, like I think some of the Nolan Batman movies are now back on Netflix for example.

And I guess can make a bigger deal when it's like "Now streaming Superman 2"... again!