• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I wonder if Disney+ will have a similar model with content rotating out due to different deals.

It seems like Disney is ready to pull all their content.

And with some of their recent purchases they will be better situated to hit the ground running.

I imagine once DC Universe is merged with Warner's streaming service, everything will come in-house.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It seems like Disney is ready to pull all their content.

And with some of their recent purchases they will be better situated to hit the ground running.

I imagine once DC Universe is merged with Warner's streaming service, everything will come in-house.

I keep forgetting about the WB streaming service. So DC Universe will just be folded into it? I wonder what will happen with existing subscriptions then.

Oct 25, 2017
OH awesome

The superior DC Nation series is coming to DC Universe on New Year's

DuU76EBU8AAm9Ah.jpg
tumblr_mni341PPwi1r18bi7o3_500.gif

Series was wayyyyy underappreciated

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I somehow missed thism DC Universe went live on Fire TV/Fire Sitck last month -

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/12/19/dc-universe-goes-live-on-amazon-fire-tv

Yup, it's the only reason I finally subscribed (well that plus the deal).

The app sucks though. If you don't exit out of it, the next time you load it you get a blank screen and you have to exit out and reload. Though it's not quite as bad as the Crunchyroll Fire TV app, which makes you delete your data when it feels like it.

Also there's this weird thing where if you exit out of an episode at the credits, it keeps that episode on your watch list. But then when you try to load that episode to go through the credits and into the next one, it starts it from the beginning.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yup, it's the only reason I finally subscribed (well that plus the deal).

The app sucks though. If you don't exit out of it, the next time you load it you get a blank screen and you have to exit out and reload. Though it's not quite as bad as the Crunchyroll Fire TV app, which makes you delete your data when it feels like it.

Also there's this weird thing where if you exit out of an episode at the credits, it keeps that episode on your watch list. But then when you try to load that episode to go through the credits and into the next one, it starts it from the beginning.

I am still hoping the Xbox and PS4 apps come somtime. Also a Samsung tv app would be nice.

newgameplus

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know Adrianne Palicki was in that Aquaman pilot. And people think Henry Cavill's DC career has been unlucky.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I didn't know Adrianne Palicki was in that Aquaman pilot. And people think Henry Cavill's DC career has been unlucky.

I mean, this dropped and she got Friday Night Lights instead (not sure if she would've been a regular on Aquaman) so that was better for her career. But it's a superhero curse, didn't she basically get written off AoS to do a spinoff that never happened?

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I mean, this dropped and she got Friday Night Lights instead (not sure if she would've been a regular on Aquaman) so that was better for her career. But it's a superhero curse, didn't she basically get written off AoS to do a spinoff that never happened?
She was also Wonder Woman in the failed pilot

Oct 25, 2017
She was also Wonder Woman in the failed pilot
Was also in Supernatural.... but as Sam's girlfriend that got killed off in the very first episode.

She got a decent part in the 2nd GI Joe movie only for Paramount to pull it a month from release and delay it over a year for 3d,
leading to it disappointing and now getting a reboot.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
yes there was supposed to be a spinoff with mockingbird and someone. She didn't get written off.... they were developing a spinoff but it was around the time that TV marvel started imploding (Agent Carter, poor reception to the FOX and FX shows, etc) and Netflix Marvel started gaining massive steam.

yeah her career is a classic case of taking the jobs that on paper seem like surefire dream jobs only to have everything mismanaged and canceled before it even gets started.

newgameplus

Oct 26, 2017
Who was she there? I know she was Wonder Woman in that infamous David E. Kelly pilot. The man knows how to make excellent lawyer shows, but keep him away from super-heroes.
She actually played the villain, a siren that killed Atlanna. So "spoilers" I guess, but she dies at the end the of the pilot. I was just surprised she was involved at all.

But I mean, did a random monster-of-the-week really kill Atlanna. If I were making a superhero show I definitely feel I would need several flashbacks and a siren twin sister just to explain what actually happened.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Any word on when reign of the superman is coming to the service? I saw articles last year that it was supposed to come to the service on release day... Unless they're talking about blu ray date.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so not only will the CW DC shows go to the WB streaming service, but they'll develop original DC shows too? What the heck is the point of this DC Universe service then?
It will probably continue as is until being folded in late 2020. Though I expect comics to be broken off.
Seeing the huge competition coming from Disney on top of Netflix I completely expect Warner to do something directly Batman or Superman related in addition to probably something Harry Potter related.
A Superman and Lois spinoff from the Arrowverse(with DCU quality) would be a pretty good service seller imo.

Man the dream would be a Harry Potter miniseries about new kids at Hogwarts(or some new equivalent)
I'd sub and I haven't cared about the franchise since the 3rd book and movie.

WB could do a load of stuff though,
Imagine if they did straight to service spinoff movies of the CW series if they proved still popular on that service.
1-1.5 hour spinoff entirely about Bronze Tiger,

Last edited:

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Goibg by Kevin Riley's comments, the WB Service sounds like a package that includes all their back catalog plus their "premium" services. Specifically, he said HBO-only subscriptions aren't going away but that its content will be folded in to offer a unified experience. If DC Universe meets expectations, it'll probably be another such premium add-on that's offered through their UI.

Basically a cable system owned end to end by Warner.