• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Of all the adjectives to use, "anemic' is hardly what I would call the DC Universe service. Unless we're on Bizarro world.

Before they added the expanded comic content recently, I'd have called it anemic. But it's not trying to be the place where all the DC content is stored. For licensing reasons they don't have the CW stuff, but I thought for sure they would at least have some of the modern cinematic movies, but they're being distributed to HBO and Netflix and such instead. They don't even have something like JLAction. It's rare that you can subscribe to a service and have all the video content listed, without a filter, on just a couple of pages.

But people are subscribing for the originals and for the comics, so I doubt they care all that much.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Before they added the expanded comic content recently, I'd have called it anemic. But it's not trying to be the place where all the DC content is stored. For licensing reasons they don't have the CW stuff, but I thought for sure they would at least have some of the modern cinematic movies, but they're being distributed to HBO and Netflix and such instead. They don't even have something like JLAction. It's rare that you can subscribe to a service and have all the video content listed, without a filter, on just a couple of pages.

But people are subscribing for the originals and for the comics, so I doubt they care all that much.
Yeah, there is nothing to refute in your post. I agree with you sentence after sentence. There is a huge gaping hole in the video section of DC Universe, both with the CW shows and their animated movies.

I do think it's getting better, though. The addition of the first 2 Superman movies, the Batman movies, and Krypton were nice surprises.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there is nothing to refute in your post. I agree with you sentence after sentence. There is a huge gaping hole in the video section of DC Universe, both with the CW shows and their animated movies.

I do think it's getting better, though. The addition of the first 2 Superman movies, the Batman movies, and Krypton were nice surprises.
Since Netflix is not renewing their CW Show agreement, I'm betting we see the CW DC shows on DC Universe soon.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Since Netflix is not renewing their CW Show agreement, I'm betting we see the CW DC shows on DC Universe soon.

I kind of doubt it. It seems like the newer shows which are not bound to Netflix are going to be up for the highest bidder, and the (for now separate) WB service seems like they would outbid DC Universe anyway. Aren't they already developing programs set in the same tv universe just for the WB service, and not for DC?

The older shows have some kind of library agreement with netflix and will stay on there, or that was my understanding at least.

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Now that HBO Max has been announced, I still don't see DC Universe surviving in its current form. Maybe we'll get some news at SDCC comic con next week. I know there have been news articles saying that DC Universe will remain a service, but I'm not buying it.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Now that HBO Max has been announced, I still don't see DC Universe surviving in its current form. Maybe we'll get some news at SDCC comic con next week. I know there have been news articles saying that DC Universe will remain a service, but I'm not buying it.
My guess is it stays as a comic reader but the shows move to HBO Max when that launches.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Ryan Potter shared the image on the left on his Instagram, someone "fixed" it on the right. See Wonder Girl's costume!

rt197djut5a31.jpg

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Well this isn't good

Titans Crew Member Killed in Stunt Accident, Pausing Season 2 Production

Warren Appleby, a special effects coordinator on the drama, was killed after an accident at a special effects shop. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the incident took place at rehearsal for a Season 2 car stunt, during which a piece of the car broke off. Production will be shut down for two days.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
DC Universe recap:

Titans S2 premieres September 6.
Young Justice s4 confirmed.
Doom Patrol S2 coming 2020 to HBO max and dcu