• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I want to applaud everyone here who back in the day said straight up that Cyborg movie was never happening. WB just announces movies left and right for characters being "in production".

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Ezra Miller was the weak link in Justice League.

The humor almost never landed for me, his constant bug-eyed / darting-eyes facial expressions were annoying as hell, his run was goofy looking, and I didn't feel like he had chemistry with the rest of the cast.

He was terrible. I have a lot of problems with it all-I'm one of the few people that didn't like Ben Affleck in the role-but regardless...Ezra was just completely miscast. WB was really pushing him for some reason and I just find him unlikable.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I want to applaud everyone here who back in the day said straight up that Cyborg movie was never happening. WB just announces movies left and right for characters being "in production".
It was so obvious that Cyborg was never going to be made. Every other movie made sense but that one.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, at this point, just upgrade the CWverse into the main movieverse. Do the CW Crisis, pay Gadot a shit ton of money to appear, and in the universal reboot, make the CW cast the movie heroes. CW Superman can be movie Superman, too. Patterson becomes Batman, Gadot sticks it out as WW, Mamoa is WW, Amell is a proper Green Arrow, Gustin is Flash, and then recast Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
tumblr_o4rstmhv6k1uewdrio6_400.gif

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Quelle surprise.
It honestly never made much sense at that point. If they hadn't fucked up Green Lantern years before, that felt like the obvious choice.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
DC Universe is truly in a weird spot with 2 successful characters but everyone else getting cut/ recast. It will be interesting to see how they maintain the continuity going forward. Like, I can't imagine they're going to pretend Robert Pattinson is the same Bruce as Ben Afleck...are they?
I imagine they're gonna reboot, the successful character will retain their actor, but while technically a 'new' character in the reboot, they just happened to have very similar backstory as the old movies.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Flash had lots of problems in Justice League, but I doubt that they could be blamed on Ezra. Like nobody could have done any good with that script and lines

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
So what's stopping these actors from signing new contracts if WB wants them back?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Ezra was a great casting so this is a shame. DC's casting hasn't been terrible its just everything else really. Looks like things are changing/have changed with Aquaman and WW though which is cool.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
DCEU needs a complete reboot.
Not going to happen with Aquaman and WW doing so well, we even have returning characters in James Gunn Suicide Squad, you'll just have to accept the soft reboot they're doing.

They got a lot of potential but WB is doing squat on taking advantage of this.

DCEU should be toe on toe with MCU.
Well, getting rid of the people responsible for the Snyder era was a start, the rest is gonna take some time.

DCEU should become the DCCU lol.
100% agree.

May 10, 2018
Feel bad for Ray Fisher. You can tell how excited he was about the role and he doesn't have much going on now. Ezra Miller will be fine though

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC Universe is truly in a weird spot with 2 successful characters but everyone else getting cut/ recast. It will be interesting to see how they maintain the continuity going forward. Like, I can't imagine they're going to pretend Robert Pattinson is the same Bruce as Ben Afleck...are they?

I doubt there's going to be any continuity. Robert Pattinson's Batman is no more likely to show up in other movies (outside any potential sequels I mean) than Joaquin Phoenix's Joker is in Suicide Squad. Kinda get the feeling DC is distancing itself from the shared universe concept and we may end up with multiple actors portraying the same character across different movies.

Which is a bit of a shame because Endgame showed you can totally pull off a brawl between several superheroes and a really big supervillain. Would've truly been epic to see the Justice League smackdown with Darkseid.

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, at this point, just upgrade the CWverse into the main movieverse. Do the CW Crisis, pay Gadot a shit ton of money to appear, and in the universal reboot, make the CW cast the movie heroes. CW Superman can be movie Superman, too. Patterson becomes Batman, Gadot sticks it out as WW, Mamoa is WW, Amell is a proper Green Arrow, Gustin is Flash, and then recast Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter.

tenor28a8jm8.gif

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt there's going to be any continuity. Robert Pattinson's Batman is no more likely to show up in other movies (outside any potential sequels I mean) than Joaquin Phoenix's Joker is in Suicide Squad. Kinda get the feeling DC is distancing itself from the shared universe concept and we may end up with multiple actors portraying the same character across different movies.

Which is a bit of a shame because Endgame showed you can totally pull off a brawl between several superheroes and a really big supervillain. Would've truly been epic to see the Justice League smackdown with Darkseid.
I mean even if they go in that route, that doesn't prevent team up movies.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine an alternate universe where Man of Steel was a massive success and a perfect jump start for the wildly successful DC Cinematic Universe and at this point we'd all be getting excited over Justice League: Endgame, all while Marvel struggles to get their equivalent cinematic universe going.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Ray really did enjoy being Cyborg, at least going by his Twitter. He still references it and goes to Cons. He wasn't terrible considering what he had to work with, but them the bricks sometimes. That Snyder stank too strong

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Shame about Cyborg. But in Ezra Millers case, I never liked him as the Flash and always thought he was miscast.
And yeah, he can not shoulder the roll of Flash after seeing JL. Got nothing against him as an actor.
As long as he doesn't play The Flash.

Oct 30, 2017
Damn that sucks. I liked Ezra Miller as the Flash. I just wish he had a really good movie to actually convince everyone else.

I thought Ray Fisher did a good job with what he was given and would've liked to see him come back at some point for another DC movie.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DC is doing fine, they just gotta keep them standalone, dropping any pretense of a shared cinematic universe. I'll bet they will recast Gadot and Momoa when needed too.

Just pick better release dates pls :p

Shazam being in the middle of Endgame and Captain Marvel wasn't a great idea.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
So I've heard! I was always a big Batman TAS fan but I mostly ignored Superman as a kid because I thought he was lame. Turns out his show is really good, too! I was actually going to go straight to Justice League when I got DC Universe but a nagging feeling was like "maybe I should revisit Superman TAS first, check out the best episodes before I start JL." So I ended up watching the pilot trilogy since it was on a lot of Best Of lists and was so blown away by the quality that I've just been watching it all in order. Almost finished season 2.

Great decision, a lot of Justice League/JLU builds on plot threads and villains that started in S:TAS, and it's just a really good show too.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
DCEU is a mess and unless it gets put in the hands of competent people, it will become an even bigger mess. I can't wait to see them try and explain the recasting to fans your average moviegoers.

Sep 28, 2018
Miller and Fisher would have been fine once given their own movies, same as Gadot and Momoa. Before Aquaman's release I saw his name lumped with those two and now he isn't. Momoa got lucky his film was greenlit before the DCEU received such poor reception.

Especially Miller, it's crazy The Flash of all DC projects can't get off the ground.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean even if they go in that route, that doesn't prevent team up movies.

It might do. The last time they did a team up movie it was a mess that everyone hated. Sure you could maybe convince the big wigs that you won't screw up Batman vs Superman the way Snyder did and Superman vs Shazam would be one of the most hype movies ever but the chances of it actually happening? About zero.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i really liked WW & Aquaman but it's clear the entire JL cast is weak

kind of a shame we are stuck with Gadot & Momoa but at least they are ditching the rest

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The Cyborg movie never happening has to be the easiest early call ever made in terms of big time comic book films. I don't think they were fooling anyone when that came up.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It might do. The last time they did a team up movie it was a mess that everyone hated. Sure you could maybe convince the big wigs that you won't screw up Batman vs Superman the way Snyder did and Superman vs Shazam would be one of the most hype movies ever but the chances of it actually happening? About zero.
Well one had poor writing, and also why does it need to be superheros vs each other? Superman and Shazam teaming up against Black Adam or whatever. Like it's not that hard to think of scenario where 2 or 3 heroes team up. Basically it's a wait in see with WB. We already know they aren't abandoning the shared universe, and we also know that they will me making standalone elseworld movies.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Fisher as Cyborg is wasted potential, but Ezra always felt like a miscast to me

I watched Justice League last night, Ezra Miller's line delivery was akin to Chris Griffin from Family Guy - awkward and out of place.

Hopefully WB/DC get it together and cast better people in the roles in the future.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Can't help but feel really bad for Fisher. He clearly tried his damnedest to work with what he had and honestly it comes off as one of the more charming performances in JL. He could've done a whole lot more under some actual solid direction, much like Momoa in Aquaman.

I actually liked Miller's performance as Flash as well but I'm a lot less sympathetic after his attempts at rewiring the Flash script to go darker and edgier. Such a blatant misunderstanding of what's actually needed right now, and if he ain't willing to play ball he's best off getting replaced.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Fisher gets another chance, he got potential to be a great Cyborg. I'm glad Ezra is out, maybe now they can start filming the Flash with an actor who's onboard.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
WB is pretty f*cked right now. You have Suicide Squad, WW and Aquaman as household names (not something I would have predicted 5 years ago), they don't know what to do with Supes, Flash and Cyborg are up in the air and Batman is getting a soft reboot/sequel/prequel...something.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman have been household names for decades.

I don't think WB is in a rough spot. Their prior effort at expanding DC movies beyond Batman & Superman resulted in Green Lantern. Justice League was obviously intended as a launching vehicle for DC movies but even with it being unsuccessful Aquaman and Shazam worked. Suicide Squad and Batman are also likely to be successful.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Fisher was wasted talent, he could have done so much more.
Miller was a complete miscast, absolute disaster as Flash.

Hit the reboot button DC, do it the right way.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
DCEU will be fine, people need to let go of BvS, JL and SS. Pretend they never happened.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ironic they were the ones digging up Superman's grave. Should've dug their own next to Clark's.